Windows 10: Having trouble removing login options

Discus and support Having trouble removing login options in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I go to netplwiz and uncheck users must enter a user name and password, I end up with a double login name on restart. Then I recheck users must... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/waywardcc, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Having trouble removing login options

When I go to netplwiz and uncheck users must enter a user name and password, I end up with a double login name on restart. Then I recheck users must enter a user name and password to get the double account to go away and then I'm stuck with having to log in with my password. How do I get rid of all login options as well as the lock screen?

submitted by /u/waywardcc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/waywardcc, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Cannot login Windows after removing PIN

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to login to the computer after removing PIN. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the steps that you have performed to remove the PIN?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

As you are unable to login to the computer through Safe Mode as well, I would suggest you to try performing a system restore and see if that helps.
    Refer the section Use installation media to restore your PC
    from the article Recovery options in Windows 10.

Note: Restoring your PC won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Having trouble removing login options

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Having trouble removing login options

1. Having trouble removing login options - Similar Threads - Having trouble removing

2. Login troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login troubles: So my PC restarted and it said my pin was deleted for some reason and it wouldn't give me a option too get a new one nor use a password now I'm stuck on the lock screen so how I get back in?...
  3. Login troubles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login troubles: So my PC restarted and it said my pin was deleted for some reason and it wouldn't give me a option too get a new one nor use a password now I'm stuck on the lock screen so how I get back in?...
  4. Login Troubles

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Troubles: I just updated, and when I turn on my computer it asks for my microsoft login. I enter my password and it loads, it asks me to set up a pin which is always unsuccessful, then the screen goes black for a second and I end up back on the main screen, and it just goes in circles...
  5. Login Troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Troubles: I just updated, and when I turn on my computer it asks for my microsoft login. I enter my password and it loads, it asks me to set up a pin which is always unsuccessful, then the screen goes black for a second and I end up back on the main screen, and it just goes in circles...
  6. Login Troubles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Login PIN doesn't remove Login Password option?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login PIN doesn't remove Login Password option?: Hi, I've been using a local login for my Win 10 but after reading I added a Pin. My question is when I log in now, I'm still given the option of using my passowrd or pin. I thought the purpose of having a Pin was to do away with the password option? Can I disable the password...
  8. Having trouble removing basic appx-packages.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having trouble removing basic appx-packages.: Hello, i can't remove basic appx-packages, like WindowsCamera, or Alarms & Clock. Uninstall is greyed out and powershell command:"Get-AppxPackage packagename Remove-AppxPackage" doesn't work. And i don't want to use command for removing all packages, not sure if it would not...
  9. Trouble removing login pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble removing login pin: I con not remove my login pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-removing-login-pin/2ea343fd-6d49-4358-8ff8-6ffc7eb7475a
  10. Trouble login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble login: Dear Sir/Madam I am unable to login in to my laptop.I'm entering the right password still it shows password is incorrect. And I try forgot password option also it is also not working.[IMG]Please help me through this...