Windows 10: Having trouble resetting my PC Hard Reset

Discus and support Having trouble resetting my PC Hard Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I am having trouble resetting my windows PC. Every time I have attempted to do a reset I have gotten the message "There was a problem resetting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianDijkshoorn, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Having trouble resetting my PC Hard Reset

Hi! I am having trouble resetting my windows PC. Every time I have attempted to do a reset I have gotten the message "There was a problem resetting your PC, no changes were made." I tried the resetting it four times in a row and I keep getting the same message.

I than looked online for help and followed these instructions by putting this into the command promptWith Admin Privileges. When I type the last command it goes through but then I get a message that this process as already running and nothing could be changed. That's what everyone was recommending but it is not working and now i'm stuck.

cd %windir%\system32\config

ren system system.001

ren software software.001

If anyone knows how to fix this or knows another better to reset the pc I am happy to listen!

Thanks!

Running Windows 10 - Version 1909 - HP Laptop

:)

BrianDijkshoorn, Apr 12, 2020
  2. buildzoid Win User

Hard reset on linux

Wait did you mean hard reset as in pressing the reset button or Hard Reset the game?

buildzoid, Apr 12, 2020
  3. xBruce88x Win User
    Contest! Win Hard Reset!

Bump

No one wants Hard Reset? I'm open to other suggestions for contest ideas.

maybe i got this in the wrong section... could a mod move it to the FS/FT/WTB/Giveaway section?

xBruce88x, Apr 12, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Having trouble resetting my PC Hard Reset

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Having trouble resetting my PC Hard Reset

1. Having trouble resetting my PC Hard Reset - Similar Threads - Having trouble resetting

2. Trouble resetting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble resetting PC: If I want to reset my PC, but I can’t allow settings to make changes to my device because there are no admins on the device, should I delete the System32 folder to make windows reinstall itself?...
  3. Trouble resetting PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble resetting PC: If I want to reset my PC, but I can’t allow settings to make changes to my device because there are no admins on the device, should I delete the System32 folder to make windows reinstall itself?...
  4. Trouble resetting PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Trouble with resetting pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with resetting pc: I may or may have not downloaded a virus but I decided to hard reset my pc just in case. I decided to remove everything as a hard reset, last night there was an issue downloading windows:"Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer,...
  6. Trouble with resetting pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with resetting pc: I may or may have not downloaded a virus but I decided to hard reset my pc just in case. I decided to remove everything as a hard reset, last night there was an issue downloading windows:"Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer,...
  7. Trouble with resetting pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Trouble Resetting my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble Resetting my pc: I am trying to reset my pc and can't do it even after trying several fixes sfc /scannow doesn't give me issues; reagentc /disable doesn't work; several other fixes don't workOn the reset my pc tab I'm choosing remove everything and local reinstall....
  9. Having trouble resetting my Windows 10 PC..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble resetting my Windows 10 PC..: [ATTACH] When I get to this page: https://preview.redd.it/b9zj1yokj1c51.png?width=513&format=png&auto=webp&s=654ebebc483c95a74e04664352165f48c93c9bdf And click on Troubleshoot, this page opens up:...
  10. Trouble resetting my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble resetting my PC: Hi, I've had this problem for 3 days and I can't reset my PC, because of a virus that I downloaded. While I try to reset my pc it always says trouble while resetting your PC, no changes were made. Please, help me with this I really need to reset my PC so the virus can be...