Windows 10: Having trouble restoring the Mount option in context menu for ISO

Discus and support Having trouble restoring the Mount option in context menu for ISO in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Right clicking iso - Open with... - Look for another app on this PC - C:\Windows\explorer.exe - Error: "The program you have selected cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AkaruSan, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Having trouble restoring the Mount option in context menu for ISO

Right clicking iso - Open with... - Look for another app on this PC - C:\Windows\explorer.exe - Error: "The program you have selected cannot be associated with this file type. Please choose another program."

Tried the "set defaults by app" method of going into default apps Setting but Windows Disc Image Burner is missing. I do have 7zip if that matters.

submitted by /u/AkaruSan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AkaruSan, Aug 7, 2020
  2. OldMike65 Win User

No Mount Option

If your mount option is missing, then read this link to reinstall the mount option. This will repair your mount option not showing up.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

OldMike65, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error when mounting ISO files

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand when you are trying to delete/rename/move the ISO files after mounting it you get an error message. It could be possible that the ISO file is mounted and that is the reason you are unable to modify it.

I suggest you to eject the ISO file and then try to modify it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Click on This PC on the left pane, you will find the mounted ISO file.
    3. Right click on the ISO file and click on Eject. Try modifying the ISO file now.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 7, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Having trouble restoring the Mount option in context menu for ISO

Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10

Shawn, I'm having a problem with option one, step 2......

Unblocked download as usual, I am an administrator, etc. Did the normal MERGE of .reg to registry.

Here's what I get:
    The hex string in the .reg file is missing in registry. I get OPEN, not MOUNT in Explorer. I can mount it thru file explorer, but no MOUNT cmd.

Having trouble restoring the Mount option in context menu for ISO [​IMG]

Thanks, Dick...

f14tomcat, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Having trouble restoring the Mount option in context menu for ISO

1. Having trouble restoring the Mount option in context menu for ISO - Similar Threads - Having trouble restoring

2. Restore "Next Desktop Background" context menu option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore "Next Desktop Background" context menu option: Hello,I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I read that in Windows 8 and Windows 10, the option should appear fromDesktop > Right Click empty space to open context menu > "Next desktop background"However it doesn't appear. Is the option available? --Additionally, on Windows 8 I...
  3. Restore "Next Desktop Background" context menu option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore "Next Desktop Background" context menu option: Hello,I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I read that in Windows 8 and Windows 10, the option should appear fromDesktop > Right Click empty space to open context menu > "Next desktop background"However it doesn't appear. Is the option available? --Additionally, on Windows 8 I...
  4. Restore "Next Desktop Background" context menu option

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to restore Winrar to Context Menu ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore Winrar to Context Menu ?: When I knew no better, I removed the Winrar entry/ies from Context Menu - and now I want them back, but no method has succeeded - most surprisingly, uninstall and then re-install with the right options ticked still fails to restore it/them. x32Win10ProV20H2...
  6. Context Menu "New" option busted after system restore.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Context Menu "New" option busted after system restore.: Hi! I performed a system restore and now the "New" option in the context menu is busted. Specifically, it currently looks like this: [ATTACH] As you can clearly see, there's a lot of stuff missing all options for new files and all that, and strangely enough the "New...
  7. Iso file mounting

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Iso file mounting: I want to know if you can delete the ISO File right after you mount it, does it keep mounted? Because I am having low space in my driver and I want to install this app, but the size is bigger than my available space so that's why. 144282
  8. Mount DVD ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount DVD ISO: Hey guys, I have a copy of Battle for Middle Earth and I want to be able to play it without the disc since I have no optical drive. Currently I use an external optical drive every time I want to play but it's becoming quite a hassle. I've searched for a long time trying to...
  9. Mounting ISO file

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Mounting ISO file: I just recently updated from windows 7 to windows 10 I use ISO files regularly and need to get this fixed. I am unable to mount any iso files or even run and iso mounting software. I keep reading that all i have to do is select the file and i should be given the option either...
  10. Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Mount context menu allows you to mount ISO, IMG, VHD, and VHDX files as a virtual drive. This tutorial will show you how to add or...