Windows 10: Having trouble understanding how local version of One Drive works

Discus and support Having trouble understanding how local version of One Drive works in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My wife started using a local version of One Drive (she never signed up for on-line One Drive that I am aware of) to download her pics from her phone.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/john464646, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Having trouble understanding how local version of One Drive works

My wife started using a local version of One Drive (she never signed up for on-line One Drive that I am aware of) to download her pics from her phone. It just started doing that automatically it seems.

She then copied pictures from that One Drive folder to the appropriate pictures folder on the C drive using control c and control v. Then worried that she was using storage space she deleted pictures from One Drive. She recently found out to her horror that the pictures were being deleted from her various picture folders as well as on One Drive.

It is hard for me to figure out what is going on. Hoping someone can explain this Very Simply and if there is some way to retrieve these pics. I regularly back up our C drive but only keep 60 days backups on hand.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/john464646
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/john464646, Feb 25, 2021
  2. Mystere Win User

More local account trouble

No. It initially appeared as Optional, then changed to Recommended. It has never been marked as Important. The people who claim it was marked important are confused because it installed automatically, which Recommended updates can also do on occasion. I looked in my Windows 8 history and it's listed as Recommended on April 4th. I looked in another machine that's Windows 7 and it's the same.

I haven't found a single shred of evidence of it being marked as Important, not one screen capture anywhere that proves this. Microsoft does not issue non-security updates as Important.

I believe I may now understand the "mystery" here. In Windows 7 and 8.1 there is a setting "Give me Recommended updates the same way I receive important updates", which causes Recommended updates to be selected by default, and they show up in the list under the category "Important" tab. All Recommended updates show up in this list. If you look at the details, it will say that the update is Recommended rather than Important.

This is not specific to this one update, all Recommended updates show up in that list categorized as "Important", it's just a quirk of the way that setting works. Notice in the image below if you click on the entry, on the right hand side it says "Recommended" even though it's in the list of Important.

Having trouble understanding how local version of One Drive works [​IMG]

Having trouble understanding how local version of One Drive works [​IMG]

Mystere, Feb 25, 2021
  3. New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Compumind Win User

Having trouble understanding how local version of One Drive works

Having trouble Mapping a Drive in W10 2004? This fix worked for me.

Hi all -

Having trouble Mapping a Drive in W10 2004?

This solution worked for me:

I understand that it's a bug in 2004.

Opinions?

*Think

Compumind, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Having trouble understanding how local version of One Drive works

1. Having trouble understanding how local version of One Drive works - Similar Threads - Having trouble understanding

2. Having trouble updating to the 2004 version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble updating to the 2004 version.: It has failed three times now. The download finishes and asks for restart. I restart, it gets to around 50-60% and restarts. However, when it comes back, the screen is just black. Nothing is happening, there is no video output, no sounds that would indicate it logged in to...
  3. Having troubles understanding Remote Desktop.

Having troubles understanding Remote Desktop.: I’m having troubles understanding the difference between remote desktop on windows vs softwares like team viewer. What is the major difference between them? submitted by /u/In-Hell-Above-Heaven [link] [comments]...
  4. Trouble with having administrator privelages on windows or understanding permissions, and...

Trouble with having administrator privelages on windows or understanding permissions, and...: Hello, I am trying to use a vive eye pro, and for some reason. I'ts been messing up. First by asking me to 'run a program' or the permission to run it among things. (Mid execution of a thing that already installed). After I fully completed an installation. And second, when I...
  5. How does One Drive work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How does One Drive work?: How does One Drive work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-one-drive-work/01f09d36-8bd3-4b07-b5e5-43ea38a32f05"
  6. How To Work One Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Work One Drive?: I'm quite confused about microsoft accounts, google accounts and one drive accounts. I appear to have at least a couple of each kind - and others belonging to members of the family. I just downloaded a heap of photograph and they're in One Drive on this computer. I want to...
  7. Engine Version (understanding)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Engine Version (understanding): Hi Team, Have a quick question across Engine Versions sub-parts mapping in Windows defender . When we say the version is - 1.1.15100.1. Can you help me understand what does 15100 denote here. How can I extract the month , date , year and other specific components that ca...
  8. Having trouble switching to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Having trouble switching to local account: So I havent had Windows 10 that long and I seem to have set this up with a Microsoft account (a specific email address combined with a password) that logs me into, well I guess, the Microsoft store? So I just wanted to switch to a local account (cause thats all I want or...
  9. One Drive and a Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One Drive and a Local Account: I am beginning to think it is almost impossible to synchronize a local account computer with folders and files on Onedrive. Is this true? Thanks. 22044
  10. One Drive: how does it work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive: how does it work?: While looking how to solve a problem with PC and Windows Ten, I turned One Drive off. When I turned it back on, it seems to be downloading a ton of documents. I did not erase anything, just turned it off and on. And I'm getting a lot of messages saying "you now have 2 copies...