Windows 10: having trouble updating windows ver + freezing and lagging issue.

Discus and support having trouble updating windows ver + freezing and lagging issue. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Heyy. Three days ago, I turned on my asus laptop and found it was taking a long time to boot up than it normally does. Whenever my computer lags I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by magictrios, Nov 29, 2018.

1. having trouble updating windows ver + freezing and lagging issue.

Heyy. Three days ago, I turned on my asus laptop and found it was taking a long time to boot up than it normally does. Whenever my computer lags I usually let it sit for a while and make sure to restart it before trying to use it and run programs and such, so I did that, but this time it didn't run smoothly after that.

It has been freezing and occasionally crashing ever since. I can barely use it. It freezes when I do things like run the mouse over the taskbar icons, it seems like the taskbar itself freezes up. Sometimes clicking the start button doesn't do anything.

I haven't downloaded or installed any programs lately. The malware and virus scans I ran didn't detect anything.

I was advised to check my version of windows, so I did. Going into the settings and checking the update status told me that there were updates pending that were waiting to be installed. Hoping this was a simple issue, I tried installing these updates with the retry button.

The update was labeled "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803" and it said that there may be a better version on my computer already. I was confused by this but in any case, the update failed. After sitting at status: installing for a whole of 10 seconds, it simply reverted back to the retry button and no apparent change had happened. I tried resetting and doing it again but nothing changed, it still said I needed an update. In the update history it lists failed attempts.

I tried using the media creation tool to update windows from there. When the program started it stated I was updating from 1803 to 1809, and after a long period of installing it told me the attempt was failed.

executing winver tells me my windows version is 1709.

running the update troubleshooter tells me there may be an error in my windows database.

help?

:)

magictrios, Nov 29, 2018
  2. fango Win User

games freezing issue?

.. well, I have major trouble with in game (dead space 2 and fallout: new vegas) random freezing, when happened, whole PC becomes unresponsive, so manual restart is required, ctrl-alt-del wont work .. graphic card drivers updated, direct x updated, win 7 32 updated, firewall disabled, fallout updated, so far no luck .. interesting that picture freezes randomly, but sound stays in the background, I dont think it's game related, mentioned games freezes very similar .. any suggestion?

thanks!

Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R
    QuadCore Intel Core i5 750
    4 GB DDR3 Corsair
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    Creative Audigy SE (SB0570) Sound Card with modded drivers
    Direct X 11.0
    Windows 7 32 bit
    free avast

fango, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Minecraft lags and issues with Windows updates.

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Minecraft game lags while playing and some of the updates gets failed. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to corruptions in Windows update components and the game issue may arise when the games need the latest update.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run BITS troubleshooter and Windows update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    • Once finished with the BITS troubleshooter, now run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Windows Update Troubleshooter.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    10. Select
    Troubleshooting.

11. Select
    View all on the top left corner.

12. Click
    Windows Update.

After performing the update troubleshooter, try to perform updates for the game and check if that helps to resolve the game lagging issue.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 29, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

having trouble updating windows ver + freezing and lagging issue.

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

having trouble updating windows ver + freezing and lagging issue.

1. having trouble updating windows ver + freezing and lagging issue. - Similar Threads - having trouble updating

2. Pc keeps freezing and having trouble staring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps freezing and having trouble staring: My PC has been weird for the past 2 weeks or so I can't load up pc sometimes it keeps bluescreening and has trouble freezing and troubleshoot it says "An error occurred while troubleshooting". I tried all the solutions people gave online on at least 10 different forums,...
  3. Pc keeps freezing and having trouble staring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc keeps freezing and having trouble staring: My PC has been weird for the past 2 weeks or so I can't load up pc sometimes it keeps bluescreening and has trouble freezing and troubleshoot it says "An error occurred while troubleshooting". I tried all the solutions people gave online on at least 10 different forums,...
  4. Windows lags/freezes during updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lags/freezes during updates: I have noticed that every time windows is downloading or installing updates in the background my laptop becomes very slow and the apps keep on lagging/freezing. It's impossible to get any work done because of this. Why is this happening and how to resolve this issue?OS:...
  5. Windows lags/freezes during updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows lags/freezes during updates: I have noticed that every time windows is downloading or installing updates in the background my laptop becomes very slow and the apps keep on lagging/freezing. It's impossible to get any work done because of this. Why is this happening and how to resolve this issue?OS:...
  6. Windows freezing and lagging.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezing and lagging.: Recently I reinstalled windows 10 because I had an absurd amount of files and other applications I don't need. I figure the performance would increase also the disc was filling up. I cloned my ssd and reinstalled it. But after I reinstalled it, windows started freezing all...
  7. Window 10 Ver. 20H2 Update issue.

Window 10 Ver. 20H2 Update issue.: Dear Sir/Mam, I Sachin Pal, I update my Windows 10 to 20H2 Version but I am facing a new problem i.e. The brightness of the screen is constant unable to increase or decrease the brightness, the pop shows that the brightness is increasing or decreasing but physically it isn't...
  8. Windows 10 ver 2004 freezes

Windows 10 ver 2004 freezes: Since installing windows 10 pro ver 2004 my computer has been freezing up at the oddest times. It just hangs with no controls and I have to manually turn the computer off and then on again. Sometimes it will freeze up again sometimes not. WTH?...
  9. Windows 10 Freezing and Lagging after Update

Windows 10 Freezing and Lagging after Update: I recently updated my pc to the newest version of windows 10 version 1909/1903 and i noticed that it is freezing/lagging every 5 seconds. This frustrates me and I have been looking for a solution. The last big update I had was a few years ago and it had the same problem but I...
  10. having trouble updating windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    having trouble updating windows.: Trying to do so on low space computer. However i bought an external harddrive and cant figure this out? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-updating-windows/ded3b218-334f-4b55-9cc9-0abaddd194b6