Windows 10: Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?

Discus and support Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I think Ive tried everything. I keep getting to the end then some error will pop up. Please help me out. By the way it is an older Dell laptop but Ive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matthew Spaulding, May 17, 2023.

1. Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?

I think Ive tried everything. I keep getting to the end then some error will pop up. Please help me out. By the way it is an older Dell laptop but Ive checked that its compatible with the new update.

:)

Matthew Spaulding, May 17, 2023
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 17, 2023
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 17, 2023
  4. Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 17, 2023
Thema:

Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?

1. Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10? - Similar Threads - Having trouble upgrading

2. Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?: I think Ive tried everything. I keep getting to the end then some error will pop up. Please help me out. By the way it is an older Dell laptop but Ive checked that its compatible with the new update....
  3. Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?: I think Ive tried everything. I keep getting to the end then some error will pop up. Please help me out. By the way it is an older Dell laptop but Ive checked that its compatible with the new update....
  4. Having all sorts of trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having all sorts of trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?: I think Ive tried everything. I keep getting to the end then some error will pop up. Please help me out. By the way it is an older Dell laptop but Ive checked that its compatible with the new update....
  5. Having all sorts of trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?

Having all sorts of trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?: I think Ive tried everything. I keep getting to the end then some error will pop up. Please help me out. By the way it is an older Dell laptop but Ive checked that its compatible with the new update....
  6. windows 7 to 10 upgrading troubles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 7 to 10 upgrading troubles: im trying to upgrade an windows 7 pc i have to windows 10 but i have seem to have run into the issue of where it fails, it will go through the process then ends up to the blue screen saying its installing windows then just dosnt work. i didnt take note of the error code cause...
  7. windows 7 to 10 upgrading troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 to 10 upgrading troubles: im trying to upgrade an windows 7 pc i have to windows 10 but i have seem to have run into the issue of where it fails, it will go through the process then ends up to the blue screen saying its installing windows then just dosnt work. i didnt take note of the error code cause...
  8. windows 7 to 10 upgrading troubles

9. Having troubles upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 on pc that previously had Windows 10...

Having troubles upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 on pc that previously had Windows 10...: The computer I have been using has had windows 10 installed on it before, back when the free upgrade was still available, but decided to go back to windows 7 for personal comfort. After using windows 10 for work, I have decided to reinstall windows 10 for my own personal...
  10. Trouble with upgrade from Windows 7

Trouble with upgrade from Windows 7: So i finally decided to upgrade my Win7 laptop. the upgrade assistant verified all apps as compatible and enough hard drive space was available. all the update files were downloaded, but installation always got stuck at 99% (possibly a driver issue?). anyway, i decided to DL...