Windows 10: Having Trouble Using Windows 10 Firewall

Discus and support Having Trouble Using Windows 10 Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whenever I block a program from accessing the internet using Windows 10 Firewall Advanced Settings Inbound/Outbound,it always shows up as checked in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nihil66861986, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Having Trouble Using Windows 10 Firewall

Whenever I block a program from accessing the internet using Windows 10 Firewall Advanced Settings Inbound/Outbound,it always shows up as checked in the Allowed Apps and Features firewall section. Doesn't a check mark next to a program mean that it has network access through the Windows Firewall? As you can see in the the 1st screenshot, I have blocked Evil Within in the Outbound Rules and in the Inbound Rules *Didn't include a screenshot from the inbound section, but the rule is there and it is active* However, it still appears in the Allowed Apps and Features section with a check mark next to it. It does this with any program that I try to block. Also, with certain programs such as Steam when I first install it and run it, it will tell me that it's blocked some features of the program, etc, and so I select Private..yet, when I check the Allowed Apps and Features along with the Advanced Settings it has created rules that allow it access for both private and public access. I've tried setting the Firewall to default settings, but the same thing still occurs.

In the 2nd and 3rd screenshot you can see what happens when I remove the check mark from Evil Within, it disables the private and public blocking rule and for some reason keeps the domain rule active I'm not in a domain in the Inbound Rules, but if I check the Outbound Rules it shows that the blocked rule is just fine and is active. What am I doing wrong? Are you only supposed to block Outbound Connections and then leave the Inbound Rules section alone lol?

Having Trouble Using Windows 10 Firewall 3891d202-447a-4fdc-b393-bc0e31a109cb?upload=true.png Having Trouble Using Windows 10 Firewall 1b76e80d-94fb-4a4c-ae0c-73e3e2b254a2?upload=true.png Having Trouble Using Windows 10 Firewall 2efa3392-5de5-4006-b194-f031b0a2ad70?upload=true.png

:)

Nihil66861986, Jan 2, 2020

2. windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Having Trouble Using Windows 10 Firewall

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Having Trouble Using Windows 10 Firewall

1. Having Trouble Using Windows 10 Firewall - Similar Threads - Having Trouble Using

2. Having trouble updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble updating Windows 10: I am trying to update windows 10. But when I click on check for updates, it gets stuck on checking for updates forever. I also noticed that other buttons in the same page are also not working. If I try to check update history, or advanced options, it just highlights the...
  3. Having troubles updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having troubles updating Windows 10: Just a few days ago, I started to encounter the error message "kernel32.dll is missing" whenever I try to open any applications well most of them at least on my comp. I tried to run sfc/ scannow and also diSM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth but it just doesn't work....
  4. Having trouble using the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble using the Microsoft Store: So I got the game pass recently in hopes of playing Flight Simulator, but when I click on it on the MS Store app, it just loads forever, but the moment I sign out of my account, it shows the page fine. It works fine on the browser, but not on the app. I've already done the...
  5. Trouble with Games using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble with Games using Windows 10: I bought a Lenovo a couple of weeks ago. I tried to download two games. The Google Play Store page said it was installed. But it wouldn't open and doesn't show up on my computer as being downloaded. I don't understand how this happens. Please help....
  6. Having trouble installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having trouble installing Windows 10: I have been trying to install Windows 10 the inactivated version with a USB boot drive. Before it has presented an error message at 0%, but this time it let me get to about 80% took about 24 hours on the 2nd stage creating installation files and then I check and get the same...
  7. having trouble activating windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    having trouble activating windows 10: hey guys can anyone help me, im trying to activate my windows 10 enterprise edition but i keep getting the null error code 0x80004005 i have no idea what to do. thanks in advance...
  8. having troubles downloading windows 10 using media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    having troubles downloading windows 10 using media creation tool: I have troubles downloading windows 10 using media creation tool. I used a USB to get a copy of windows 10 for my new computer but the Windows 10 setup uses the wrong disk space. I used a Removable Disk (F:) but instead it tries to connect to the other disk space. What should...
  9. Having trouble Activating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Having trouble Activating Windows 10: Hi i upgraded a few components of my PC, one them being the hard drive so i had to reinstall windows, i originally had windows 7 and got the free windows 10 upgraded however after installing the new components and windows 10 again it will not active my windows 10...
  10. i have a trouble using my windows pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have a trouble using my windows pc: i have a trouble while using my pc. when i start my pc always showing "can not find script file "C:\Program File (x82)\LapTrac\downVBScript.vbs"." this type of dialogue bar, kindly help this issue...