Windows 10: Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name.

Discus and support Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't interact with this listing at all and it's bugging me. How do I get rid of it? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DustinWarneke, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name.

I can't interact with this listing at all and it's bugging me. How do I get rid of it?

Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name. 113b57c3-0e71-4532-92c8-dbfb82da2f67?upload=true.png

:)

DustinWarneke, Mar 20, 2020
  2. AkulaLA Win User

Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy

Hello guys I have a question I have an app listed in my apps and features all the way at the bottom with no name. it takes up 34.5MB and was installed a few months back the thing that surprises me most is when i click uninstall, it asks if i want to allow
    rundll32 to make changes and the paths listed are a bit suspicious.

I have attached a few photos to make this a little easier. Also Malwarebytes had no luck finding anything.

Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name. 36668cef-89a2-4a2b-8450-4531def27d9f?upload=true.jpg

Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name. [​IMG]

AkulaLA, Mar 20, 2020
  3. WacoJohn Win User
    Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled.

Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW.

A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The first is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

and the 2nd reference is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

I am assuming removing these from the Registry will clean up the Apps and Features List of Phoenix OS(?)

Any and all advice is appreciated in advance.

Edit: The second registry reference is at:

Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1742390423-1095737228-4217987103-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

WacoJohn, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name.

Can app name be changed in All Apps list?

Often a new program (which I suppose is always called an 'app' in Win10) will self-install in the Program Files or ProgramFiles (x86) folder under the name of the software maker, rather than the name of the program. This means that on the Win10 All Apps list, the actual program name won't be in alphabetical order; rather, the software company's name will show up alphabetically on the list. This is kind of a drag, having to remember where to look on the list.

I have tried several ways of changing the file name, etc. to make the program name show up, but either it just doesn't work or the entire program installation becomes corrupted and has to be reinstalled. Does anyone know of a way to change just the name that shows up on the All Apps list?

Electrojim, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name.

1. Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name. - Similar Threads - Having trouble Apps

2. Strange App Name in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange App Name in Apps & Features: Hi,I've just encountered a weird app in my app list in Apps & Features. I've never installed anything lately. This app can't be uninstalled either. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!...
  3. Strange App Name in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange App Name in Apps & Features: Hi,I've just encountered a weird app in my app list in Apps & Features. I've never installed anything lately. This app can't be uninstalled either. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!...
  4. Strange App Name in Apps & Features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. App or Feature with No Name at Bottom of Program List - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    App or Feature with No Name at Bottom of Program List - Windows 10: Hello, I saw that someone posted a similar concern/question on an unnamed no information app showing up at the bottom of the Apps & Features list in Windows 10 ... It shows an install date which is the same install/update date for a lot of other apps. I tried finding this...
  6. Having trouble with file names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having trouble with file names: Whenever I click on a photo and it says "Save Image As", the file name is named "download" or "images" instead of the original file name the photo had. And so I have tried to look for a solution to fix it and I couldn't find one. I don't know what to do and I really need help...
  7. YourPhone App call feature trouble

YourPhone App call feature trouble: I have trouble with call feature in Your Phone AppWhen pick up a call on my PC the PC microphone not detect untill I turn off the green bluetooth on my phone then the PC microphone start workingThe PC speaker not working, I have to turn on speaker on my phone insteadPlease...
  8. having troubles with feature pack for windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    having troubles with feature pack for windows: so i downloaded bo3 and it say that the feature pack is missing so i downloaded it and everything went well it installed and then i restarted my pc checked for pc updates then restarted my pc then tried and it still says the same thing i even went in the apps and features and...
  9. Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.: W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled. [img] Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW. A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The...
  10. Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy: Hello guys I have a question I have an app listed in my apps and features all the way at the bottom with no name. it takes up 34.5MB and was installed a few months back the thing that surprises me most is when i click uninstall, it asks if i want to allow rundll32 to make...