Windows 10: Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name.

Discus and support Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't interact with this listing at all and it's bugging me. How do I get rid of it? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DustinWarneke, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name.

I can't interact with this listing at all and it's bugging me. How do I get rid of it?

Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name. 113b57c3-0e71-4532-92c8-dbfb82da2f67?upload=true.png

:)

DustinWarneke, Mar 20, 2020
  2. AkulaLA Win User

Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy

Hello guys I have a question I have an app listed in my apps and features all the way at the bottom with no name. it takes up 34.5MB and was installed a few months back the thing that surprises me most is when i click uninstall, it asks if i want to allow
    rundll32 to make changes and the paths listed are a bit suspicious.

I have attached a few photos to make this a little easier. Also Malwarebytes had no luck finding anything.

Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name. 36668cef-89a2-4a2b-8450-4531def27d9f?upload=true.jpg

Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name. [​IMG]

AkulaLA, Mar 20, 2020
  3. WacoJohn Win User
    Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled.

Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW.

A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The first is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

and the 2nd reference is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

I am assuming removing these from the Registry will clean up the Apps and Features List of Phoenix OS(?)

Any and all advice is appreciated in advance.

Edit: The second registry reference is at:

Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1742390423-1095737228-4217987103-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

WacoJohn, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name.

Can app name be changed in All Apps list?

Often a new program (which I suppose is always called an 'app' in Win10) will self-install in the Program Files or ProgramFiles (x86) folder under the name of the software maker, rather than the name of the program. This means that on the Win10 All Apps list, the actual program name won't be in alphabetical order; rather, the software company's name will show up alphabetically on the list. This is kind of a drag, having to remember where to look on the list.

I have tried several ways of changing the file name, etc. to make the program name show up, but either it just doesn't work or the entire program installation becomes corrupted and has to be reinstalled. Does anyone know of a way to change just the name that shows up on the All Apps list?

Electrojim, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name.

1. Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name. - Similar Threads - Having trouble Apps

2. Apps ans Features's lists are empty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps ans Features's lists are empty: The Apps and Features are empty and the Programs and Features cannot accessible after I reset my PC windows 10. I think it is because I chose the f12 when windows asked me if I want to delete Trusted Platform Module or not when restarting. please help?[ATTACH]...
  3. Having trouble with Windows Photo app -

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having trouble with Windows Photo app -: When scrolling down list of photo folders, it constantly goes back to the top. So frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-with-windows-photo-app/572754cb-25cb-4240-9ecd-9468fa1be032"
  4. Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.: W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled. [img] Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW. A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The...
  5. Having trouble uninstalling an app.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having trouble uninstalling an app.: So, I have the epicgames launcher app installed on my computer and I want to uninstall it, but it won't let me. Can somebody help with this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-uninstalling-an-app/e5897ea2-d90e-4a6f-8888-23abd8724d45"
  6. Minecraft name trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft name trouble: I'm having some troubletrouble, I don't want to be Salmonshelf i rather have a new name Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-name-trouble/684cc4da-740b-4ca5-8dcf-0bef063a1e32
  7. "An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature" but lists no feature to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature" but lists no feature to install: I have just installed The Sims 3 on my Surfacebook 2, but when I open the game to play I receive a popup saying "An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature:" but lists no feature to install, only "Skip this installation". When I hit the option to skip, it does...
  8. Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy: Hello guys I have a question I have an app listed in my apps and features all the way at the bottom with no name. it takes up 34.5MB and was installed a few months back the thing that surprises me most is when i click uninstall, it asks if i want to allow rundll32 to make...
  9. Can app name be changed in All Apps list?

Can app name be changed in All Apps list?: Often a new program (which I suppose is always called an 'app' in Win10) will self-install in the Program Files or ProgramFiles (x86) folder under the name of the software maker, rather than the name of the program. This means that on the Win10 All Apps list, the actual...
  10. Apps having trouble calling home

Apps having trouble calling home: Hi there I am in a bit of a pickle, I use Windows 10 for graphic 3D and a lot of the software these days require the call home type arrangement. I went to upgrade a product from their download manager and received this 0x80090330 the sChannel issue. I was halfway thru dealing...