Windows 10: Having trouble with Audio, Visual, and Mouse stutter and getting Blue Screen (Driver Power...

Discus and support Having trouble with Audio, Visual, and Mouse stutter and getting Blue Screen (Driver Power... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just finished building a new PC, on which I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 home (licensed with a key that I bought online). The first day that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DruidGrove, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Having trouble with Audio, Visual, and Mouse stutter and getting Blue Screen (Driver Power...

I just finished building a new PC, on which I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 home (licensed with a key that I bought online). The first day that I had it up and running, everything was fine - I was just installing the normal programs that I had used on my own computer (nothing pirated, all just typical programs like winrar, irfanview, and steam). Today when I got home from work, I went to play a game and got massive amounts of audio distortion and mouse lag. In attempting to troubleshoot that, I discovered that a potential problem was that some of my drivers were not vibing with each other. I tried to download some updated drivers for my motherboard from the MSI website and then went to restart the computer, but it blue screened and told me it was a Driver Power State Failure. After trying to fix this all day, it's happened 3 more times only when I try to restart.

To note: I also have a ton of delay when trying to restart, and when trying to update or disable a driver in device manager. I notice mouse stutter just moving my mouse around and discovered the visual stutter with this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohuqp5AJqaM .

Threads I've already looked through:

- https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/680341/random-audio-and-video-stuttering/ (Tried to follow instructions here but there is so much lag that i'm unable to even disable my audio drivers)

- https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/8gd82r/audio_popping_after_upgrade_try_this/ (Was unable to find the correct numbered keys using regedit)

Not sure what else to do, please help.

submitted by /u/DruidGrove
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DruidGrove, Jun 30, 2020
  2. BENuggets Win User

Audio driver conflict causing stuttering?

Hi Techhelper89,

Unfortunately, I did the instructions as mentioned in the thread and the stuttering persists. I used the link provided: and the steps requested

http://www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup.exe

I also tried reinstalling the Realtek Audio drivers as suggested by the thread to no avail.

I've also added some links of how the stuttering looks and sounds like to the main post of this thread. I hope it helps identify the issue.

One more thing I noticed after the above steps is that I can boot with Nvidia HD Audio drivers disabled but the stuttering persist. Enabling then disabling "cures" the stuttering for a while. Although, when this is happening while the Nvidia Audio drivers are
    disabled (as there is an enable option) the icon doesn't look like one that is normally disabled (with a small circular arrow down icon).

Cheers,

Ben

BENuggets, Jun 30, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing

"High Definition Audio" suggests you only have the generic, basic function, Windows installed sound driver rather than the correct sound hardware driver. If this is the case, install the correct sound driver as step 1.

fireberd, Jun 30, 2020
  4. jason761 Win User

Having trouble with Audio, Visual, and Mouse stutter and getting Blue Screen (Driver Power...

Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing

I installed the realtek audio driver already. Im not sure why it says that.

jason761, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Having trouble with Audio, Visual, and Mouse stutter and getting Blue Screen (Driver Power...

1. Having trouble with Audio, Visual, and Mouse stutter and getting Blue Screen (Driver Power... - Similar Threads - Having trouble Audio

2. Trouble with the Audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with the Audio driver: Dear community,I have a very annoying problem with my audio driver. Audio sound in headphones is muffled, but when I disconnect the headphones and use the speakers, the audio is fine. I used multiple headphones and they are working fine with other devices. The OS is updated...
  3. Trouble with the Audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with the Audio driver: Dear community,I have a very annoying problem with my audio driver. Audio sound in headphones is muffled, but when I disconnect the headphones and use the speakers, the audio is fine. I used multiple headphones and they are working fine with other devices. The OS is updated...
  4. Getting a Blue Screen of Death with "Driver Power State Failure"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a Blue Screen of Death with "Driver Power State Failure": Hi, I'm here today because I've been recently getting blue screens with the error message "Driver Power State Failure". This has only recently started happening in the last few weeks and I've never had this problem before in the 2 years that I've had this laptop. It only...
  5. Getting a Blue Screen of Death with "Driver Power State Failure"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a Blue Screen of Death with "Driver Power State Failure": Hi, I'm here today because I've been recently getting blue screens with the error message "Driver Power State Failure". This has only recently started happening in the last few weeks and I've never had this problem before in the 2 years that I've had this laptop. It only...
  6. Getting a Blue Screen of Death with "Driver Power State Failure"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Mouse stutters, then no audio.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stutters, then no audio.: Hi, I have a problem with my audio. So sometimes out of the blue, my mouse stutters a bit, then I have no audio. I do the troubleshooting on the setting, and I reinstall my audio driver, and it works. I want to get rid of the problem, but I don't know how. I have a Scarlett...
  8. Audio Crackle and Mouse Stutter

Audio Crackle and Mouse Stutter: Hi, I am having issues with both my audio and mouse functions. Randomly, my audio will crackle (sort of like a robotic noise) and my mouse stutters in unison. This issue occurs about five times every minute. I cannot think of any reasons to as why my PC is doing this. I have...
  9. Repeated Stuttering (Visual, and Auditory), black screens, and driver incompatibility?

Repeated Stuttering (Visual, and Auditory), black screens, and driver incompatibility?: Specs: i5 6600K 1070 Asus GTX 16Gb Ram DDR4 AsRock B150M-HDV Hi, please any help you may be able to offer would be greatly appreciated. I have had huge issues with my pc when i decided to upgrade my gpu and cpu. Tried two different gpus (the latest one is definitely...
  10. Having trouble with Blue screen...

Having trouble with Blue screen...: So um, hello everyone! As the title reads, I am having problems with BSOD. Actually, its not me, but my friend who is having problems. Thing is, the blue screen only appears when I start some programs - more specifically Minecraft and .exe games. Its a MSI Laptop (from...