Windows 10: Having trouble with Empires: Dawn of the Modern World crashing after hitting play in the in...

Discus and support Having trouble with Empires: Dawn of the Modern World crashing after hitting play in the in... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So im running windows 10 and i just downloaded Empires dawn of the modern world from a disk. originally i could get the menu up and i could hit play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StewMagoo1, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Having trouble with Empires: Dawn of the Modern World crashing after hitting play in the in...

So im running windows 10 and i just downloaded Empires dawn of the modern world from a disk. originally i could get the menu up and i could hit play but it would crash immediately. I have run the compatibility tester, changed the settings for 1. reduced color mode 2. run in 640x480 screen resolution 3. run this program as an administrator and changed the settings for all users. Now clicking on the game will make the screen worse resolution for a second then it just crashes and gives me a notification for optimal resolution that disappears when i click on it. Does anyone have any solution for me?

:)

StewMagoo1, Jan 7, 2019

2. Cant play Dawn of Modern World on Windows 10

Hello,

I've tried for about 3 hours to get Empires: Dawn of the Modern World to run on Windows 10. It installs no problem and opens initially but the game play doesn't activate after you hit Play on the main menu. I've tried the patches and compatibility wizard
    to no avail. I know there has to be an answer out there that actually works...

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures / PC]

CalWeinhold, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Paul Bab Win User
    Empires Dawn of the Modern World Run-time Error

Hi,

There are different factors that we have to consider why you can't launch Empires: Dawn of the Modern World successfully on your Windows 10 computer. Let's answer the following questions so we can gain a better grasp of your concern:

• What is the game that you are having issues with?
    • Do you have the physical copy or the digital version of the game?
    • Do you have any third-party antivirus running on your device upon trying to launch the game?
    • Is your device connected to a wired or a wireless network?
    • Is this issue happening to other games as well?
    In the meantime, make sure to visit this
    page
    that has a checklist to help you determine if your game will work on your Windows 10 device.

Paul Bab, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Having trouble with Empires: Dawn of the Modern World crashing after hitting play in the in...

Empires Dawn of the Modern World Run-time Error

Is listed. It was made 2003

Both. I lost my CD_1 so i had to download a digital copy. I used Daemon Tools to mount the image of my CD_2. The installation went fine until after I had to insert Disk 2. I received an I/O error. I found a way to by pass this by replacing the exe. application
    in the game files with a crack version. This is When i got the Run-time error

I have Avast Anti-virus Free. Don't think it runs with the startup, but I'm not sure

Wireless connection with Internet

I have Installed:

Age of Empires 2 (works)

Command and Conquer: The first decade. Generals and Zero Hour don't work. I get a critical error crash. Saying the cause was either a Virus or Overheating. I've checked and it is neither.

I've also checked all the requirements and I can run these games.

James13Leigh, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Having trouble with Empires: Dawn of the Modern World crashing after hitting play in the in...

1. Having trouble with Empires: Dawn of the Modern World crashing after hitting play in the in... - Similar Threads - Having trouble Empires

2. Having trouble with repeated crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble with repeated crashes: Hi, I'm having repeated crashes, and not too sure how to fix it. All drivers are updated. I've appended the bug check analysis below.******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. Having trouble with repeated crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble with repeated crashes: Hi, I'm having repeated crashes, and not too sure how to fix it. All drivers are updated. I've appended the bug check analysis below.******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  4. Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft: Hello to you all who read this and offer to help. Let me start off by explaining I will post both links of the previous help I have received which will show you the many steps already taken several times over, hopefully to mark off a few steps from the list of issues that...
  5. Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft: Hello to you all who read this and offer to help. Let me start off by explaining I will post both links of the previous help I have received which will show you the many steps already taken several times over, hopefully to mark off a few steps from the list of issues that...
  6. Laptop crashing while playing World of Warcraft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Age of Empires troubles to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age of Empires troubles to start: Guys, I bought Age of Empires III months ago, and have been a headache all the time. Didn't work the way it should do. It started just a couple of time, and since then, doesn't work. After several test, I found a way to solve the issue; started Task manager, and stopped...
  8. Horizon Zero Dawn Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horizon Zero Dawn Crashing: Cracked version of Horizon Zero Dawn is always crashing in the middle of the game. Please help to fix this.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/horizon-zero-dawn-crashing/97ceab7e-4c59-4602-ac3c-722ea2be260c
  9. Windows 10 Empires Dawn of the modern world

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Empires Dawn of the modern world: Windows 10 Empires Dawn of the modern world Freezes during game play. My windows 7 HD same gear it runs great! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-empires-dawn-of-the-modern-world/2ea6df79-0c5c-4808-be54-4764c4951aef
  10. Big trouble with Grim Dawn + Win Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big trouble with Grim Dawn + Win Defender: Hello guys. For anyone who could be interested. Of course, your mileage may vary. 1.0.0.7 - Performance degradation over time - stutters after a while - Grim Dawn Forums 75089