Windows 10: Having trouble with enabling teredo. Tried everything

Discus and support Having trouble with enabling teredo. Tried everything in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im not able to enable teredo. Ive tried everything ive seen and nothing has worked. this is what im working with. Ive tried running it as client and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IanJacobs1, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Having trouble with enabling teredo. Tried everything

Im not able to enable teredo. Ive tried everything ive seen and nothing has worked.

this is what im working with. Ive tried running it as client and as an enterprise. Step by step would be nice.

Type : disabled

Server Name : win1901.ipv6.microsoft.com.

Client Refresh Interval : 30 seconds

Client Port : unspecified

State : offline

Error : none

:)

IanJacobs1, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

No Teredo installed

Hi Jay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Before we proceed, could you please confirm a few things for me?

1. The make and model of your system?
    2. The Windows 10 Build you are using?

Systems communicate with one another using a certain predefined set of protocols, when systems within a network are using different protocols but are trying to communicate with one another it may require a translator to enable
    this communication. This is where the Teredo Tunneling comes in. It facilitates the connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation (NAT) and thus enable this communication.

Given that you have already tried to enable the Teredo through the device manager and the netsh command through the command prompt, we have a few more steps that we could try to resolve this issue.

Check and make sure that no VPN client is blocking the Teredo connectivity.

Steps:

Manually enable the Teredo through the registry.

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

To take a backup or restore the registry click
    here

Check the iphlpsvc registry path:

1. Right-click the Start icon, type in cmd, Right-click on it and 'Run as administrator'.
    2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iphlpsvc\Teredo
    3. If you find this output: Type REG_DWORD 0x4

You will need to Re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt: netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Check the TcpIp6 registry path:

1. Right-click the Start icon, type in cmd, Right-click on it and 'Run as administrator'.
    2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TcpIp6\Parameters
    3. If you find the output, and the value displayed is not 0x0. Example: DisabledComponents REG_DWORD 0x8e
    4. You will need to Re-enable Teredo by running the following command from the Admin command prompt: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Can You Please fix the teredo adapter problem already?

Hi Mr Overshield,

Teredo being disabled is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to fix the Teredo problem as well as can't find it under hidden devices. To re-enable your Teredo on your device, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

1. Type in cmd in to the search bar on your desktop and right click on Command Prompt and run it as admin.
    2. Type in netsh interface Teredo set state type=default
    3. Kindly restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Note: No need to reinstall the Teredo as it will install itself.

For additional information and troubleshooting steps, you may visit the link below:

Click here

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Having trouble with enabling teredo. Tried everything

Teredo unable to qualify

Hi JayKay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC that’s disabling
    Teredo functionality. If you haven’t tried the methods listed in the following articles yet, I would suggest you to try them first and see if it works:

Note:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer to this
    link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to
    uninstall
    and re-install the Xbox app to see if you can get it to work.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the following command and hit Enter:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Reboot the computer once the command is executed.
    • Once the machine restarts, launch Microsoft Store and reinstall the Xbox app.

After reinstalling the Xbox app, open Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    again and copy paste the following command to enable Teredo.

netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Having trouble with enabling teredo. Tried everything

1. Having trouble with enabling teredo. Tried everything - Similar Threads - Having trouble enabling

2. How to enable Teredo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Teredo: I've always been having problems connecting to game servers and discovered that Teredo is unable to qualify, even though it's installed. Running "netsh interface Teredo show state" shows me:Teredo Parameters --------------------------------------------- Type : disabled Server...
  3. How to enable Teredo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable Teredo: I've always been having problems connecting to game servers and discovered that Teredo is unable to qualify, even though it's installed. Running "netsh interface Teredo show state" shows me:Teredo Parameters --------------------------------------------- Type : disabled Server...
  4. How to enable Teredo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Have tried nearly everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Have tried nearly everything: I have been getting this message when I try to use my AOL email, which is linked to Windows 10 Mail through IMAP: We cannot access this account: AOL. Anyone have a workable solution?...
  6. Having trouble enabling windows update services.msc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having trouble enabling windows update services.msc: So a few months back, i kept getting spammed with windows update notifications, even when i was working or playing full screen games such as Half Life 2 and Sonic Mania, It kept making me fustrated so i disabled the windows update service in services.msc, now i need to...
  7. Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors.: I can't seem to get it to let me enable HDR no matter what I do. I'm definitely using HDR ready monitors (2 pixio px277 primes), I am using display port cables, I have an RTX 2080, and I've turned on 10 bpc color depth in the nvidia control panel. But in my system settings it...
  8. Teredo Not Enabling

Teredo Not Enabling: So I've been attempting to enable Teredo for the last hour, I was playing Forza and would like to play online, I tried everything, found out I needed Microsoft gaming service installed, didn't work. I tried enabling teredo, wont work at all. I looked at every solution...
  9. I have tried everything, screw the Teredo Virtual Network Adapter. Open to any suggestions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have tried everything, screw the Teredo Virtual Network Adapter. Open to any suggestions.: Anyone who has played Forza Horizons 4 on Windows 10 probably knows where I'm going with this. I have tried last trick on the internet to get this stupid piece of Windows 7 legacy hardware to exist on my computer. Yes, I have tried reactivating it through admin command...
  10. Teredo Enabling

Teredo Enabling: C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh interface Teredo show state Teredo Parameters ----------------------------------------- Type : disabled Server Name : win1901.ipv.microsoft.com. Client Refresh Interval : 30 seconds Client Port : unspecified...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win1901.ipv6.microsoft.com

2. teredo disabled windows 10