Windows 10: Having trouble with getting two external monitors working at same time

Discus and support Having trouble with getting two external monitors working at same time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an hp spectre laptop with i7,16 gb ram and a ssd drive,Ive been using an acer 21 inch external monitor and today i got an hp w2408h monitor.They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lightoutshines, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Having trouble with getting two external monitors working at same time

I have an hp spectre laptop with i7,16 gb ram and a ssd drive,Ive been using an acer 21 inch external monitor and today i got an hp w2408h monitor.They both worked for about ten minutes then both went away.Now if I have one plugged in it works but if i plug in the other it doesnt,yet it shows the third monitor but its greyed out in settings.

I updated the driver for the hp monitor and tried many cables but still the same issue.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated

thanks

:)

Lightoutshines, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Romel Ram Win User

Having trouble with getting two external monitors working at same time

External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Having trouble with getting two external monitors working at same time

1. Having trouble with getting two external monitors working at same time - Similar Threads - Having trouble getting

2. Can't Use Two External Hard Drives At The Same Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Use Two External Hard Drives At The Same Time: Hello, I have a two terabyte external drive for games and a five terabyte external drive for various other projects. For a while I had them both plugged in but I decided I wanted to organize the cords going into my usb extender, they haven't been the same since. Here is what...
  3. Can't Use Two External Hard Drives At The Same Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Use Two External Hard Drives At The Same Time: Hello, I have a two terabyte external drive for games and a five terabyte external drive for various other projects. For a while I had them both plugged in but I decided I wanted to organize the cords going into my usb extender, they haven't been the same since. Here is what...
  4. Can't Use Two External Hard Drives At The Same Time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't get to a DisplayPort monitor and a VGA monitor to work at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get to a DisplayPort monitor and a VGA monitor to work at the same time: I upraged my GPU from a GTX 980 to a RX 6600 recently and I had a setup of main monitor DisplayPort modern monitor [ASUS MG248QR] and a second old monitor VGA [HP LE1901w}. I all workd fine when I had the GTX 980, meaning that I had signal with max resolution and framerate in...
  6. Can't get to a DisplayPort monitor and a VGA monitor to work at the same time

Can't get to a DisplayPort monitor and a VGA monitor to work at the same time: I upraged my GPU from a GTX 980 to a RX 6600 recently and I had a setup of main monitor DisplayPort modern monitor [ASUS MG248QR] and a second old monitor VGA [HP LE1901w}. I all workd fine when I had the GTX 980, meaning that I had signal with max resolution and framerate in...
  7. Can't get to a DisplayPort monitor and a VGA monitor to work at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I'm having trouble getting an external webcam to work

I'm having trouble getting an external webcam to work: Trying to connect an external webcam but computer isn't recognising it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-trouble-getting-an-external-webcam-to/8e3f3436-af94-43ab-a7a5-2859b984d4d7
  9. Two seperate speakers not working at the same time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two seperate speakers not working at the same time.: [ATTACH] I have two sets of speakers which don't work at the same time. I have my headphones which are shown as 'speakers' but I also have speakers connected which don't show up. But when I unplug my headphones 'speakers' become my actual speakers and then work fine. This is...
  10. Two OS's at the same time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two OS's at the same time: Hello Microsoft Community, I was talking with an agent from Microsoft Support who told me that you could run two operating systems on your computer (for example, Windows 7 and Windows 10). He said you would just have to select which OS you would like to boot into on startup....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. working with 2 monitors windows 10