Windows 10: Having trouble with language preferences

Discus and support Having trouble with language preferences in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I have this keyboard which i can't remove and I've tried everything it is not in my language preferences settings and no matter if I remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by antonchoy, Dec 16, 2018.

1. antonchoy Win User

Having trouble with language preferences

So I have this keyboard which i can't remove and I've tried everything it is not in my language preferences settings and no matter if I remove Bulgarian or English (US) the Bulgarian US will still be there. Having trouble with language preferences 9667c233-673a-4aea-941c-f8ae3869a8db?upload=true.png

:)

antonchoy, Dec 16, 2018
  2. NilCouv Win User

managing language preference

Hello,

I've got some ergonomic problem because I have to change my language preferences often and the "alt+maj" shortcut is wrong.

I had to deactivate this shortcut because it conflicts with video game controls and I'm unable to reassign the shortcut freely.

I waste my time by going in the taskbar to change my language preference because I write in
    both French and English, and the language preference are used to set up spell checker for several software. And also because some early access game need a QWERTY keyboard configuration.

My configuration:

• Win10 Pro (country: Belgium, Language: French(France) )
    • Two language pack are installed ("French[FRANCE]" and "English[USA]")
    • 3 keyboard configurations ("French- AZERTY", "English-QWERTY" & ""English-AZERTY")
    • The "maj+alt" shortcut is deactivated due to the conflict with game controls.

The result is:

• French - AZERTY (needed)
    • English - AZERTY (needed)
    • English - QWERTY (needed)
    • French (Belgium) -AZERTY (don't needed and I don't want it. it's due to the country setting… -_-)

Having trouble with language preferences f6dbdde7-7016-40ae-aeea-e764a7275d31?upload=true.png

So the ergonomy is deeply inefficient. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Sincerely.

NilCouv, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Filip29 Win User
    Language preferences

I access the region and language settings as you can see from pic1 I uploaded, but the problem is that English(UK) is not in the list with preferred languages so I can't remove them from there. They just appear in the task bar - down right corner, so it
    is a few extra taps on Alt+Shift to get the right layout for me. Thank you anyway for your time Pedro.

Filip29, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

my language prefrence is japanese

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forum.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. How many language packs are installed in the computer?
    2. Do you mean language preference in a particular application or the entire system?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Steps:

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Tap on Time and language > Region and language.
    3. Click a particular language for example English.
    4. You will see three options underneath: “Set as default”, “Options”, “Remove”.
    5. Click on Set as default and make English as your default language.

For more information, you can check Add
    and switch input and display language preferences in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Having trouble with language preferences - Similar Threads - Having trouble language

2. Language Preference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Preference: Hi!Problem looks like little, but at least its painful. I have only two languages in settings. but i have 4 languages in use: 3 language from bottom are changeable By Shift + Alt.2 language from top, are changeable by Shift + Ctrl, this made a new problem, now Ctrl + Shift +...
  3. Language Preference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Preference: Hi!Problem looks like little, but at least its painful. I have only two languages in settings. but i have 4 languages in use: 3 language from bottom are changeable By Shift + Alt.2 language from top, are changeable by Shift + Ctrl, this made a new problem, now Ctrl + Shift +...
  4. Language preferences - troubles with writing in chosen language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language preferences - troubles with writing in chosen language: Hello,I'm having troubles with writing in Japanese in Windows 10 - I've installed the language package 2 years ago and everything was working fine until today. When I wanted to write in Japanese, instead of typing out syllables like usual, it came out as completely wrong...
  5. Language preferences - troubles with writing in chosen language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language preferences - troubles with writing in chosen language: Hello,I'm having troubles with writing in Japanese in Windows 10 - I've installed the language package 2 years ago and everything was working fine until today. When I wanted to write in Japanese, instead of typing out syllables like usual, it came out as completely wrong...
  6. Language preferences - troubles with writing in chosen language

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. language preference

language preference: How do i change it so i can only switch between NOB and ENG? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-preference/f03cfc54-a832-4641-80cf-759b9aefaad7
  8. Language Preferences

Language Preferences: Hi, I used to have a 2nd language pack installed but i removed it recently and now when i log in the language is accessible with the Win + Space shortcut but isn't listed in laguage preferences also it somehow switches to that language without me using the shortcut. Can...
  9. Language Preferences

Language Preferences: Hey there, I have a problem with my Language/Keyboard preferences. Somehow, I am shown two English keyboards, while only one is properly installed (see the screenshots below). Is there a workaround to fix this? Thanks and best regards! [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Language preferences

Language preferences: I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 on it , I changed the language from Dutch to English via settings but I am still seeing words here and there in Dutch.This might not sound like a very big problem but for me it is rather distracting.I also changed the system...