Windows 10: Having trouble with Wifi in AU, how do I make it choose one connection

Discus and support Having trouble with Wifi in AU, how do I make it choose one connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Signed up specifically to ask for help here.. So, I was forced to install AU even after reverting to the last build. Its detecting a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZephyrusFS, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Having trouble with Wifi in AU, how do I make it choose one connection

Signed up specifically to ask for help here..

So, I was forced to install AU even after reverting to the last build.
    Its detecting a lot of internet connections, but one specifically is set to automatically connect, but it doesn't connect because its passworded, and my connection cuts while it reconnects to my internet.
    If I turn off the autoconnect on this internet, it disappears and then comes back with autoconnect back on.
    Basically, is there any way to go about only having it detect the ONE connection I need, or just have autoconnect turned off by default?
    Edit: It also causes cut-outs in Skype calls and fluctuating ping in online games in random intervals.

Please tell me if I need to elaborate or explain better.

:)

ZephyrusFS, Oct 1, 2016
  2. Andy K' Win User
    Andy K', Oct 1, 2016
  3. rakesh234 Win User
    i am having problem in connection with wifi in lumia 610

i am having problem in connection with wifi in lumia 610 ,it never gets connected to wifi network from any laptop and rest of things are smooth even sharing internet through it is good but whenever i try to connect it with my laptop wifi on which i was
    sharing my internet so that i can use it in my wp device..plzzzz help

i am not sharing internet through my wp7 device .
    its my laptop through which i'm just sharing my internet ,through my intel wifi .
    even my ipod gets connected to it and i can easily access internet in my ipod.

but this is not happening in wp7 device lumia 610.

rakesh234, Oct 1, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

Having trouble with Wifi in AU, how do I make it choose one connection

HiZephyrusFS!
    If you can check in Settings / Network & internet / Wifi - do you have Wi-Fi sense enabled? Disable it.

AndreTen, Oct 1, 2016
  5. No, Wi-Fi sense was disabled already.

ZephyrusFS, Oct 1, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Check wireless adapter properties under details, uncheck second option.

AndreTen, Oct 1, 2016
  7. Second option was already unchecked. This is so bizarre. I've never had trouble with Win 10 before.

ZephyrusFS, Oct 1, 2016
  8. AndreTen Win User

Which adapter are you using? May be connected to specific software. Do yo have Intel adapter?

Edit: if those are known networks, you can filter them. Follow this tutorial by Brink - wireless-network-add-remove-filter-windows-10

AndreTen, Oct 1, 2016
  9. "Realtek 8821AE Wirless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC"

ZephyrusFS, Oct 1, 2016
  10. AndreTen Win User
    Look at tutorial mentioned in link above - if it can help.

Another thought - do you have some settings synced between computers?

AndreTen, Oct 1, 2016
  11. Did the tutorial, blocked the problematic connections, just restarted.
    Seems not to have improved meaning I was wrong, it wasn't the connections detecting and such. Probably drivers?

Also, I don't have settings synced anywhere.

ZephyrusFS, Oct 2, 2016
  12. AndreTen Win User
    Sorry to hear this didn't work.

If all was good before update, you can roll back drivers. Check if the driver was changed (in device manager) in device properties check events - if nothing was changed, then it is other problem.

Have you considered establish wired network. It is by far most stable connection possible. And you wouldn't be the first to solve your problem this way.
    Other possible stable solution is network expander (access point or media bridge). I'm using more of those and they are really stable. Only add few ms to ping, but still far better than any wifi card.

AndreTen, Oct 2, 2016
  13. Having trouble with Wifi in AU, how do I make it choose one connection

Drivers were changed, definitely. If it doesn't get fixed when we're done here, I'll probably end up getting a network expander.

Edit: Never mind; they weren't changed at all. Going to order a network expander off of amazon tonight. Gonna mark the thread as solved. Thanks for all the help, Andre.

ZephyrusFS, Oct 3, 2016
  14. Was having trouble with my wired connection up until this morning. Turns out that my anti-virus hasn't been updated for AU and after I uninstalled it to switch to another, everything seems to be fine.

ZephyrusFS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Having trouble with Wifi in AU, how do I make it choose one connection - Similar Threads - Having trouble Wifi

2. Trouble connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble connecting to wifi: Wifi doesnt start when i boot up windows. While I'm using my laptop all of a sudden my wifi network gets disconnected intermittent connection requires to reset network adapter with windows troubleshoot to solve this but after a couple minutes or so this problem happens...
  3. Trouble with connecting to WiFi?

Trouble with connecting to WiFi?: So i just recently received my gaming computer. After trying to connect to my network, it told me it couldnt connect to the network. Heres what I have tried: Network Reset Troubleshooting the response I got told me I had no preferred networks Updating the Driver He told...
  4. Trouble connecting to WIFI

Trouble connecting to WIFI: Hi community I recently clean installed windows 1809 in my pc. I am not able to get connected with networks. No available networks are shown. Only ethernet adapter is shown in sharing centre . Wifi adapter is not shown. Pls help....
  5. WiFi connection troubles

WiFi connection troubles: I have had troubles connecting with my WiFi recently. I have watched multiple tutorials and none have helped but I've narrowed down the problem I beleive. When I go to device manger and check network adapters there is no wireless option in there. I'm on an Asus f540la laptop....
  6. anybody know how to fix this? having trouble connecting to the wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anybody know how to fix this? having trouble connecting to the wifi: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/plcrzd0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/erunf2/anybody_know_how_to_fix_this_having_trouble/
  7. having trouble while connecting printer to wifi

having trouble while connecting printer to wifi: i am facing a trouble how to connect canon mg2922 printer to wifi in windows 7.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-while-connecting-printer-to-wifi/386dc4e7-d800-42f4-9bb3-bf0c0d31e254
  8. trouble connecting to wifi

trouble connecting to wifi: we set up a stronger wifi router, every computer and devise is connected except one, it does not recognize the wifi name. I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-connecting-to-wifi/96a4714d-e5fc-427e-a72a-4b33e2217743
  9. Trouble connecting to wifi

Trouble connecting to wifi: Having some issues connecting to wifi. My computer won't detect any available networks. When I try enabling the wifi from control panel, it does not work. I have tried running network diagnostics and I get the message 'there might be a problem with the driver for the wifi...
  10. Having trouble automatically connecting to wifi

Having trouble automatically connecting to wifi: Lately, I have been having some major issues with connecting to my home wifi. Within the last week I have updated my PC to the latest build (version: 1709, build: 16299.125). Whenever I boot my computer, its like a roll of the dice if it ends up connecting to the wifi...