Windows 10: Having troubles understanding Remote Desktop.

Discus and support Having troubles understanding Remote Desktop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m having troubles understanding the difference between remote desktop on windows vs softwares like team viewer. What is the major difference between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/In-Hell-Above-Heaven, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Having troubles understanding Remote Desktop.

I’m having troubles understanding the difference between remote desktop on windows vs softwares like team viewer.

What is the major difference between them?

submitted by /u/In-Hell-Above-Heaven
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/In-Hell-Above-Heaven, Apr 2, 2020

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Apr 2, 2020
  4. MichelB62 Win User

Having troubles understanding Remote Desktop.

Remote Desktop troubles

For my work, I need to sometimes login remotely on a Windows Server. I searched for 'Remote Desktop' in the start menu. When I clicked the 'Remote Desktop Connection' my browser (SeaMonkey, version 2.46) was started. Now each time I close a tab in
    the browser, and want to reopen it a window called ’Opening XYZRemoteDesktop.RDP' appears. When I select OK the session is started.

I saved the shortcut to the Remote Desktop to the other server to my desktop. When I click it my browser is again started, asking me what it should do. When I tell it to open it with 'Remote Desktop (default)', the connection is started.

• Why was my browser started, instead of the Remote Desktop session?
    • What can I do so the default way of work, directly starting the session, works?
    I post it in 'Desktop, Start & personalization' as I do not know where this topic should reside

MichelB62, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Having troubles understanding Remote Desktop.

1. Having troubles understanding Remote Desktop. - Similar Threads - Having troubles understanding

2. Having trouble understanding BSOD dump files in WinDbg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble understanding BSOD dump files in WinDbg: I have a set of 3 dump files created after a series of BSODs. All I can understand from them is the following error codes:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 Seems to be something related to the improper addressing of memory,...
  3. Having trouble understanding BSOD dump files in WinDbg

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having trouble understanding BSOD dump files in WinDbg: I have a set of 3 dump files created after a series of BSODs. All I can understand from them is the following error codes:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3b IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50 Seems to be something related to the improper addressing of memory,...
  4. Remote Desktop Troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Troubles: When I work from home I tend to turn on my work laptop then connect to it from my home PC using remote desktop. I had this working well on my PC but I've just built a new PC. I would always log in on my laptop first, then when I connected from my PC it would already be logged...
  5. Remote Desktop Troubles

Remote Desktop Troubles: When I work from home I tend to turn on my work laptop then connect to it from my home PC using remote desktop. I had this working well on my PC but I've just built a new PC. I would always log in on my laptop first, then when I connected from my PC it would already be logged...
  6. Remote Desktop Troubles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Trouble Logging in with Remote Desktop by having a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Logging in with Remote Desktop by having a Microsoft Account: Hi guys, I'm trying to login via my MacBook with the official Microsoft Remote Desktop. I have no issues finding the name of the pc, but while setting up the account informations for the login. My Lenovo PC has windows 10 installed and the main account is logged in via...
  8. Trouble Logging in with Remote Desktop by having a Microsoft Account

Trouble Logging in with Remote Desktop by having a Microsoft Account: Hi guys, I'm trying to login via my MacBook with the official Microsoft Remote Desktop. I have no issues finding the name of the pc, but while setting up the account informations for the login. My Lenovo PC has windows 10 installed and the main account is logged in via...
  9. Trouble Logging in with Remote Desktop by having a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Trouble with having administrator privelages on windows or understanding permissions, and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with having administrator privelages on windows or understanding permissions, and...: Hello, I am trying to use a vive eye pro, and for some reason. I'ts been messing up. First by asking me to 'run a program' or the permission to run it among things. (Mid execution of a thing that already installed). After I fully completed an installation. And second, when I...