Windows 10: Having unknown process that likely to cause my computer to lag out often. I am using WPA...

Discus and support Having unknown process that likely to cause my computer to lag out often. I am using WPA... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I want to know whether I can fix this problem. It is really trouble some for me. My computer keep freezing every 1 or 2 minutes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VinhPhan1, Jun 25, 2020.

1. VinhPhan1 Win User

Having unknown process that likely to cause my computer to lag out often. I am using WPA...

Having unknown process that likely to cause my computer to lag out often. I am using WPA... 5fc955e8-1383-4ac2-b7b0-b49cea4b2583?upload=true.png

I want to know whether I can fix this problem. It is really trouble some for me. My computer keep freezing every 1 or 2 minutes.

:)

VinhPhan1, Jun 25, 2020
  2. borgus Win User

BG processes cause keyboard shortcut lag

Update, as of 12/5/15

After considerable experimentation it appears that the lag will occur when a STORE or (system) SETTINGS app (Calculator, for example) or "store" itself is listed in Task Manager background processes. Kill the process, and the lag vanishes. When the app is actually running, it is listed under APPS, not background processes. Then at random times, often after a sleep cycle or at boot, it will spontaneously appear as a background process - Calculator, Store and possibly others.

Speculated causes of this annoyance are discussed in this article and its embedded links... https://superuser.com/questions/426947/slow-windows-desktop-keyboard-shortcuts/957210#957210 where "Helen" posted a workaround...

Disable SUPERFETCH. Click START, type "services", <enter>, double-click on SUPERFETCH. Stop it. Disable it.

No performance hit has been noted by doing so, and shortcuts launched via keyboard no longer lag. Fingers crossed.

borgus, Jun 25, 2020
  3. borate Win User
    STORE apps background processes cause keyboard shortcut lag (revisited)

Store-derived apps running as a background process cause a four-second lag when
    keyboard input is used to launch any shortcut.

Calculator, as an example, spontaneously appears as a background process, or any store app may invoke STORE in the background, as seen in taskmanager. If either is shown there, a keyboard shortcut launch will lag. When launched manually, calculator does not
    appear as a background process, but later - even when not used - it will eventually be listed.

At times there's a lag even without these processes running, but that is infrequent and may occur after rebooting. Lag can be banished by clicking the notification icon or killing the SHELL EXPERIENCE HOST process, which hints that it's related to the problem.
    The process restarts spontaneously, but the lag doesn't return until, often, the next boot.

Some posts hint that this issue has been ongoing for years, but it first became evident here in Windows 10. Is there a way to prevent store apps from running in the background? Better still, is there a way to prevent the lag when they do?

borate, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Having unknown process that likely to cause my computer to lag out often. I am using WPA...

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Having unknown process that likely to cause my computer to lag out often. I am using WPA... - Similar Threads - Having unknown process

2. System process using gpu1 copy and causing lag in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System process using gpu1 copy and causing lag in laptop: I have been having this issue from the month of july, system process is not allowing the gpu to go to idle state and this causes lag in laptop, this lag happens periodically every minute happens, in every app, in videos , when scrolling when typing. If I sign out of windows...
  3. System process using gpu1 copy and causing lag in laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System process using gpu1 copy and causing lag in laptop: I have been having this issue from the month of july, system process is not allowing the gpu to go to idle state and this causes lag in laptop, this lag happens periodically every minute happens, in every app, in videos , when scrolling when typing. If I sign out of windows...
  4. I am locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my computer: Please help me to log in to my computer which window lock me out administrator disabled my account in error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out-of-my-computer/ddd81cc5-9cfd-4a93-a295-4e2eab4dd0c6
  5. I am locked out of my computer

I am locked out of my computer: Please help me to log in to my computer which window lock me out administrator disabled my account in error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out-of-my-computer/ddd81cc5-9cfd-4a93-a295-4e2eab4dd0c6
  6. I have an unknown program on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have an unknown program on my computer: I have had a program called Neptunearts Tacryo/ Fine Mesvia that I have been unable to uninstall or disable. Reserching it has turned up nothing. Should I be concerned?...
  7. I have an unknown program on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an unknown program on my computer: I have had a program called Neptunearts Tacryo/ Fine Mesvia that I have been unable to uninstall or disable. Reserching it has turned up nothing. Should I be concerned?...
  8. I have an unknown program on my computer

9. I am locked out of my computer !?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am locked out of my computer !?: When I try doing my password it brings me to this telling me there was a problem with the pin and so on is unavailable, it tells me to click the "configurate my pin" to set a new one but nothing happends, help !...
  10. I am locked out of my computer !?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my computer !?: When I try doing my password it brings me to this telling me there was a problem with the pin and so on is unavailable, it tells me to click the "configurate my pin" to set a new one but nothing happends, help !...