Windows 10: Having Win7 'Window Color and Appearance' On Win10?

Discus and support Having Win7 'Window Color and Appearance' On Win10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The old Win7 'Window Color and Appearance' has been removed from Windows 8/10. [img] I have a Win7 disk image, so I have access to the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by swallis7, Jun 24, 2016.

1. swallis7 Win User

Having Win7 'Window Color and Appearance' On Win10?

The old Win7 'Window Color and Appearance' has been removed from Windows 8/10.

Having Win7 'Window Color and Appearance' On Win10? [​IMG]

I have a Win7 disk image, so I have access to the files from it....

I would like to put some of the Win7 64-bit files into a folder on my Win10 64-bit computer, and then run whatever command I need to; so I have this functionality back again.

Does anyone know if there is a way of making this work?

:)

swallis7, Jun 24, 2016

2. Window color and appearance

You can still reach the old personalisation settings by searching for 'Control Panel' then clicking it, but as of now you can only change the theme. This does not include the font colors (only windows, background, and sounds), as they only apply to desktop
    (old) apps. The equivalent setting for the modern apps is probably still in development, or will be integrated into the new color chooser (or both).

jcomputer21, Jun 24, 2016
  3. roshanlal Win User
    Window color and appearance

When you right click Desktop, then click Personalize, it opens a window which has a preview pane on the right. The upper right has a box which says 'Sample Text'. It used to be 'Window Text' in earlier versions. How do you change the font color of this
    text in Windows 10? Is there a hidden shortcut to get the old Window Color and Appearance menu in Control Panel?

roshanlal, Jun 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Very unlikely. The way window frames are specified has (apparently) changed, so you could expect not all features in that to be compatible or functional.

There are some freeware utilities that tweak a very few things (see Winaero's tweak tool e.g.).

I use a simple registry hack supported by sthg a bit more clever to maintain coloured backgrounds on resume. (explorer needs Qttabbar to colour its background).

Aeroglass + colouring inactive titlebars gives some transparency and optionally thin borders around universal apps.

dalchina, Jun 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Having Win7 'Window Color and Appearance' On Win10? - Similar Threads - Having Win7 'Window

2. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  3. Upgrade win7 to win10,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade win7 to win10,: when I try to upgrade my laptop from win7 to win10, I got this message "this PC can't be upgraded to windows 10 your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. no action is needed. windows update will offer this version of windows 10 automatically once the issue...
  4. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  5. Networking Win10 with Win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking Win10 with Win7: how to connect a win 10 pc with a win 7 pc in a local network via wifi ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-win10-with-win7/31128bd4-e0ca-434b-9f02-73990826111c
  6. Downgrade Win10 to Win7

Downgrade Win10 to Win7: Hi.... I want to back to use Win7, I bought a new notebook with Win10 installed, Can I downgrade it to Win7? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win10-to-win7/2e9a1762-030d-48ad-ad2c-d0513a2b9f58
  7. after the win7 to win10

after the win7 to win10: I see where everyone is talking about the oldwindows.folder, I don't have or have never seen it but I do have this "windowss7_os(C:)" that is part of my index under this pc. I had for the longest time 2 document folders. I did a search for the oldwindows.folder and the...
  8. Win7 games on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 games on Win10: A while ago I installed Win7 games on Win10 using msgames_win8_x64.msi as mentioned in thread Hearts and Solitaire Games in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I wondered if this was legal but did it anyway. Installing the TH2 update removed the games. I installed them again, but...
  9. I have a hd with win10 and win7. Cannot delete win7 partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a hd with win10 and win7. Cannot delete win7 partition: I have a dual boot with win10 and win7 on the same 1TB HD. Disk management will not allow me to delete the win 7 partition. I need that disk space back! Delete is greyed out. How can I get around this problem? 89337
  10. Win7 to Win10 Possibilities?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win7 to Win10 Possibilities?: Anyone exploring the possibilities of moving from Win7 to Win10 upon release. Anyone with experience with Win10 can share insights for Win7 users - probably done before, but haven't seen much lately (mainly just Win8 to Win10). Thanks 3589

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 7 color customization in win10

2. windows color and appearance win10

3. Window Color and Appearance editer for win10