Windows 10: HAXM Friendly Hyper-V Alternatives

Discus and support HAXM Friendly Hyper-V Alternatives in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi All, I do a lot of mobile app development which means I have to run emulators. I mainly use the Google SDK provided one which uses HAXM. This has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Jammer, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Jammer Win User

HAXM Friendly Hyper-V Alternatives

Hi All,

I do a lot of mobile app development which means I have to run emulators. I mainly use the Google SDK provided one which uses HAXM. This has the knock on effect of not playing nicely with Hyper-V.

I've used VirtualBox and Parallels on my Mac but wondering what the alternatives are? I've only ever tried VMWare for a short space of time on my mac a few years ago. No idea if it is any friendlier with HAXM though.

Any thoughts appreciated.

James

:)

Jammer, Feb 1, 2018

2. Co-existing Hyper-V with Intel HAXM at Windows 10

A want to develop applications for both Windows and Android phones with Windows 10.

To run Windows phone emulator I need Hyper-V, but Android emulator requires Intel Hardware Acceleration Manager (HAXM), which is intolerant to Hyper-V.

Is there a way to keep Hyper-V and disable it temporarily to have Intel HAXM operational?

1. I run Windows Hyper-V manager and stop the server (this involves stopping all services), but that didn't help: Android emulator still refused to start.

2. I called services.msc to see if some Hyper-V services were still running. Indeed, all services starting with Hyper-V were NOT running. I also stopped HV Host service (Microsoft Hypervisor Host service), but it still didn't help!

Any ideas?

Michael ..., Feb 1, 2018
  3. Set icon for entry in BCDEdit

I'm pretty sure what he's asking is the same thing I'm wondering. Not the icon for the EXE, but the icon that is on the entries at the graphical boot menu. The Windows default entry has the Windows logo, but other entries have a dos box icon.

I have two entries at my boot menu, one default with Hyper-V on, and one with Hyper-V disabled to use with Intel HAXM for the Google Android SDK Emulator. The default entry has the Windows Logo, but the second one has the Dos box icon. I'd like to change
    it to the Windows Logo too, or a custom icon.

Is this possible? Is there an entry in the BCD Store settings?

TimothyRWinters, Feb 1, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

cereberus, Feb 2, 2018
  5. Jammer Win User
    Sure, I have to have HAXM installed to accelerate the Android emulators, HT-v has to be enabled on the processor too. Hyper-V has to disabled for this to work, which is inline with what you said.

I was just wondering if there was any knowledge on compatibility with other VM software. Will go do some testing.

Jammer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HAXM Friendly Hyper-V Alternatives - Similar Threads - HAXM Friendly Hyper

2. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there: I disabled Hyper-V using the optional features and restarted my computer, but when I run msinfo32.exe, it still says there is Hyper-V:How can I disable Hyper-V?...
  3. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  4. Hyper-V Resizeable Windows

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Resizeable Windows: For those unaware, you can now resize your Hyper-V windows "on the fly" (enhanced mode at least) . Previously, you had to do it via config files before you started vm up. Now you do not have to scroll or go to fullscreen mode to get to task bar. Makes it much better...
  5. Clarification on Hyper-V

Clarification on Hyper-V: I see that Windows 10 Pro includes Hyper-V. If enabled, would this work on a client system much the same way as VMWare Player, VirtualBox, etc? I'm very familiar with both of those hypervisors, but have never used the Microsoft offering, and I'm just looking for...
  6. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  7. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  8. Hyper-V Manager not available

Hyper-V Manager not available: Hi there, 1. I installed the Hyper-V features (tickmarked all 4 options) and rebooted my system. (My system did some installation, updates etc) 2. After the reboot i can confirm that the hyper-v folders in "C:\Program Files\Hyper-V" appeared. 3. Unfortunately i can not...
  9. Audio in hyper-v

Audio in hyper-v: So how do I get my headset which is usb to work in hyper-v? 5735
  10. Hyper-V & Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V & Win10: I decided to install Win10 in a Virtual Machine and settled on Hyper-V. I'm using the setup now to create this thread. There were a few hurdles to get over. 1) Hyper-V needed to be added to my Win8 install Program & Features-> Turn on Windows features->Hyper-V When...
Tags: