Windows 10: HD Audio Background process (RAVBg64.exe) using High CPU in Windows 10

Discus and support HD Audio Background process (RAVBg64.exe) using High CPU in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]By default, background apps shouldn’t consume a lot of resources. They often run unnoticed […] This article HD Audio Background process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 15, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

HD Audio Background process (RAVBg64.exe) using High CPU in Windows 10

WinClub, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Almighty1 Win User

Realtek HD Audio Driver Version old post

Had some time since 8210 was out to look more into the Realtek Audio Manager missing issue. On Windows 10 x64 Home Edition with Creators Update. This is what I did:

1) In Windows, right clicked on Start Menu, Apps & Features, selected "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver" which shows as 6.0.1.8205 and clicked on uninstall.

2) Ran Remo Uninstaller's forced uninstall but nothing was found.

3) Rebooted system

4) After system reboot, went to Device Manager, then "sound, video and game controllers" where it listed Realtek High Definition Audio with the driver version 7571 which I think is what comes with Creators Update, update driver and pointed it to the 8210 folder with the browse for drivers. 8210 installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager.

5) Rebooted the system

6) Device Manager shows 8210 installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager. Did a Have Disk update driver but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu. 8210 is installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager.

7) Rebooted system

8) Device Manager shows 8210 installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager.

9) Did a uninstall driver and selected the delete drivers box

10) Ran Remo Uninstaller's forced uninstall but nothing was found.

11) Rebooted the system

12) After system reboot, went to Device Manager, then "sound, video and game controllers" where it listed Realtek High Definition Audio with the driver version 7571 which I think is what comes with Creators Update, update driver and pointed it to the 8210 folder with the browse for drivers. 8210 installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager.

13) Rebooted the system

14) Device Manager shows 8210 installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager. Did a Have Disk update driver but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu. 8210 is installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager.

15) Rebooted the system

16) Device Manager shows 8210 installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Not sure what else I can do to fix this since I just have to manually run it using Windows Explorer and then select display icon in notification area. I remember in mid-late 2015 in this thread, I found a way to fix it but I can't seem to find my post to see exactly what I did.

Almighty1, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Sep 15, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. HD Audio Background process (RAVBg64.exe) using High CPU in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Audio Background process

2. RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD: Recently I have been getting the exact same BSOD and fixes on the net doesn't seem to work. I've taken a look at the Reliability Monitor to see what was causing the same BSOD over and over again, and it seems like RAVBg64.execrashing is the main issue. I've tried disabling...
  3. how do I remove HD Audio Background Process on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I remove HD Audio Background Process on windows 11: There's 2 of them and I don't need them Both of them come from a driver that I installed with Dell SupportAssist.I don't need them because I already have this:...
  4. TiWorker.exe process using a high CPU with strange behavior

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TiWorker.exe process using a high CPU with strange behavior: For a few weeks, I noticed my computer's performance was dropping. I used a third-party process monitor and found that there is one process called TiWorker.exe which is using 40% -60% CPU usage. I stopped the process but after a few minutes it started running again. Before...
  5. high cpu usage from idle system background processes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    high cpu usage from idle system background processes: (Windows 10 professional ver 20H2, Ryzen 5600x, id cooling se 224 xt cpu cooler, MSI B550-A Pro mobo) I have high CPU usage from background processes which makes my CPU fan run very loud. Whenever I open Processes Explorer or Task Manager to see what is making this happen, it...
  6. High CPU usage of Windows Audio & Realtek HD Audio Universal Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage of Windows Audio & Realtek HD Audio Universal Service: Information of Laptop: System Name: LAPTOP-H2DL499A System Model: ZenBook S UX391UA Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Hi! A couple of months ago, the...
  7. RAVBg64.exe shows high CPU usage? Why does it want to use Skype?

in Windows 10 News
    RAVBg64.exe shows high CPU usage? Why does it want to use Skype?: [ATTACH]At times, when using Skype, you may see a message RAVBg64.exe wants to use Skype or RAVBg64.exe is requesting access to Skype. If you do […] This article RAVBg64.exe shows high CPU usage? Why does it want to use Skype? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. CPU use too high, audio crackles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU use too high, audio crackles: Hi! A remote Microsoft agent recently did "configuration" changes and in-place upgrades to fix my unresponsive keyboard and touchpad (they work once in a while, and if I boot to Linux flash drive they work great). Keyboard and touchpad still don't work, and now the CPU is...
  9. CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?: Hi, I found my CPU being used to 50% by rundll32.exe invagent,RunUpdate -noappraiser QwarAFRPWUiri4M6.4 which from Win 7/8 reports appears to be sthg to do with the Customer Experience Improvement Program. Process Explorer seemed no help on this, and I've been running...
  10. Processes causing high CPU use in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Processes causing high CPU use in Windows 10: Hello. I had mentioned in an earlier post that since I upgraded a laptop to Windows 10, the CPU fan kept running on high all the time. I found out the cause of the problem were these two background processes: From Microsoft Background Task Host - backgroundTaskHost.exe...