Windows 10: HD Disk formatting with OS installed

Discus and support HD Disk formatting with OS installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everybody: can anyone tell me how to format a hard drive disk with the operating system installed at the same time? Thanks for a helpful answer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul_70221, Jun 26, 2020.

1. HD Disk formatting with OS installed

Hi everybody: can anyone tell me how to format a hard drive disk with the operating system installed at the same time? Thanks for a helpful answer. Regards, Pablo

:)

Paul_70221, Jun 26, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jun 26, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

HD Disk formatting with OS installed

No format option for new Vista install?

After the disk is in and it does it's thing for a while, you will get a screen with your HDD's listed on it. Select the HDD that you want to install Vista on and format it. Then continue to install Vista on that HDD.

erocker, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

HD Disk formatting with OS installed

1. HD Disk formatting with OS installed - Similar Threads - Disk formatting installed

2. How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?: When I am trying to format it, it says it's unable to do it. When I want to delete it, it says that It cannot delete active disk. Preferably I'd like to do it without using 3rd party software. Double checked that I am trying to delete correct one....
  3. Install OS and format other hard disk if user prompt is yes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install OS and format other hard disk if user prompt is yes: Hi Experts, I am Bala, working on Windows 10 20H2 image creation and deployment, where i will be creating the wim file & using the wim file we will apply the image to pc. we are not using SCCM or MDT deployment since the PC will be deployed in a stand alone environments...
  4. Install OS and format other hard disk if user prompt is yes

in Windows 10 Support
    Install OS and format other hard disk if user prompt is yes: Hi Experts, I am Bala, working on Windows 10 20H2 image creation and deployment, where i will be creating the wim file & using the wim file we will apply the image to pc. we are not using SCCM or MDT deployment since the PC will be deployed in a stand alone environments...
  5. disk format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk format: disk default format on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-format/e7bc66a4-5d63-4dc7-b550-44aee6cb79fe
  6. Formatting a Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting a Disk: I have installed a new 1 TB Hard Drive in my Dell Vostro 230 Desktop computer. I went to format it for first use but I wouldn't format because it is listed as a "System Disk" I cannot save anything to it, I tried to format it using DISKPART in the command prompt as an...
  7. C Drive Formatted and no OS installed

C Drive Formatted and no OS installed: I have a problem. I accidentally formatted my C drive when I was going to install windows 10. So the condition now is I don't have any os installed. The worst thing is the C drive is formatted too. Please help. I want to install windows 10 using bootable disk but it says...
  8. HD installation / Windows 10 OS

HD installation / Windows 10 OS: My laptop HD died. After I install a new one, will Microsoft 'automatically' boot up the original Windows 10 OS ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/hd-installation-windows-10-os/e392a25b-de56-41a5-a072-bda3819f9f55
  9. Cannot Format HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Format HD: I have a 4TB HD that was previously formatted that I've put into an external hd bay. When I go into Computer Management/Disk Management the hd is not listed in the top section and in the bottom section it is split into 2048 GB and 1678 GB, both "Unallocated". I want to...
  10. Recover Formatted HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Recover Formatted HD: I accidentally quick formatted one of my audio data hard drives. I then used Recuva to recover my data. Recuva recovered everything but there are no directories or file structure. In other words, there are 326 files called bass1, bass2 etc. There are 1,236 vocal files, 657...