Windows 10: hd drive wierdness

Discus and support hd drive wierdness in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Western Digital WD Green WD10EADS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive This is a data drive , not a boot drive. partition mbr... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thomaseg1, Apr 11, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

hd drive wierdness

Western Digital WD Green WD10EADS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
    This is a data drive , not a boot drive. partition mbr
    It is my work-in-progress drive.
    In explorer it shows correctly as 1T but in drive management it shows as1397.26GB.
    I tried to fix the mbr with mini-partition tool no effect. (shows as unformated)
    chkdisk came up empty smart shows the the drive is healthy.
    I guess my next step is to delete the partition and build a new one.
    Any thoughts?

:)

thomaseg1, Apr 11, 2019
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Apr 11, 2019
  3. little cat, Apr 11, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

hd drive wierdness

Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

hd drive wierdness

1. hd drive wierdness - Similar Threads - drive wierdness

2. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?: I have a portable CD/DVR drive. How do I view what is on that disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-what-is-on-my-portable-disc-drive/064fa5c1-19c4-47a8-a077-54a5e679cb47
  3. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?: I have a portable CD/DVR drive. How do I view what is on that disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-see-what-is-on-my-portable-disc-drive/064fa5c1-19c4-47a8-a077-54a5e679cb47
  4. how do I see what is on my portable disc drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  6. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  7. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  8. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  9. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

10. hd drive wierdness

in Windows 10 Support
    hd drive wierdness: Western Digital WD Green WD10EADS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive This is a data drive , not a boot drive. partition mbr It is my work-in-progress drive. In explorer it shows correctly as 1T but in drive management it shows as1397.26GB. I tried...