Windows 10: HD failure after Windows 10 Pro update

Discus and support HD failure after Windows 10 Pro update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; PC: PowerSpec G701 Build 5, OS: Windows 10 Pro The above computer comes with a 528 GB SSD and a 4TB WD conventional HD. Today a Windows 10 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JuergenMauer, Oct 4, 2019.

1. HD failure after Windows 10 Pro update

PC: PowerSpec G701 Build 5,

The above computer comes with a 528 GB SSD and a 4TB WD conventional HD. Today a Windows 10 update was pushed.

After the update the 2nd HD (4TB WD) had disappeared.

In drive manager it is listed as "unknown" and "not initialized"

Event manager gives the following error message after the update:

Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_&Prod_\5&45a6680&0&010000 was configured.

Driver Name: disk.inf
    Class Guid: {4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Driver Date: 06/21/2006
    Driver Version: 10.0.17134.1
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Section: disk_install.NT
    Driver Rank: 0xFF0005
    Matching Device Id: GenDisk
    Outranked Drivers: Updated: false
    Parent Device: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43B7&SUBSYS_10621B21&REV_02\4&115a0d29&0&010B

Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_&Prod_\5&45a6680&0&010000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: SCSI\Disk&Ven_SanDisk&Prod_SDSSDA480G\5&45a6680&0&000000
    Class Guid: {4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF000FC000000F120
    Present: false

Pls. advise what to do get the drive back online.

:)

JuergenMauer, Oct 4, 2019

2. Cant get Win 10 to upgrade to Pro after HD failure

Hi Christopher,

You can upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by using Windows 10 Pro digital license or product key. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Did your device came with Windows 8 pre-installed?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article to

upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

In case that you'll experience an activation issue, we recommend that you follow the steps on this article:

Using the Activation troubleshooter
    . Choose the method that fits to your situation.

We will look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Oct 4, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

HD failure after Windows 10 Pro update

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

HD failure after Windows 10 Pro update

1. HD failure after Windows 10 Pro update - Similar Threads - failure Pro update

2. Windows 10 Pro Update Failures Today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Update Failures Today: Hi All,I can't be alone. I ran windows update tonight and after my PC rebooted I had no input or output media devices. It refuses to do more updates. I even had to manually get a admin command window open. So, all messed up really. I tried.DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Update Failures Today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Update Failures Today: Hi All,I can't be alone. I ran windows update tonight and after my PC rebooted I had no input or output media devices. It refuses to do more updates. I even had to manually get a admin command window open. So, all messed up really. I tried.DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Update Failures Today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Possible HD failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible HD failure: I installed a new 1 GB SSD in an HP laptop ;ess than three months ago. A couple of times recently Windows 11 has crashed with a BSOD, and when I restarted the laptop would not boot up, giving me a boot device not found error message, and refused to boot. Several attempts...
  6. Possible HD failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible HD failure: I installed a new 1 GB SSD in an HP laptop ;ess than three months ago. A couple of times recently Windows 11 has crashed with a BSOD, and when I restarted the laptop would not boot up, giving me a boot device not found error message, and refused to boot. Several attempts...
  7. HD failure after installing Win 10

HD failure after installing Win 10: I just installed Win 10 Home on a PC that had been running Win 8.1. I did not upgrade, I did a complete install. The install & activation went fine , but shortly afterwards the HD has apparently failed, as now on startup all it will do is check the disk for a long time and...
  8. Critical Failurer after updating windows 10

Critical Failurer after updating windows 10: Hi, I hope someone can help. I am currently on windows 10 build 1803. I keep have a message to say my system is missing important updates, which fail when trying to download so I have to do a repair with downloading latest updates to get them to work. However, the...
  9. windows 10 failure after update

windows 10 failure after update: aofter the latest update of Windows 10 my Toshiba Sattelie will not go past the wallpaper screen. No program icons. Office Depot says that Windows 10 needs to be reinstalled. Any other suggestions....
  10. Printer failure after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer failure after Windows 10 update: I'm running Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, on a Dell OptiPlex GX620. My printer is an HP LaserJet 1300 that I've had for years and still works well. This is not a printer failure. The printer is connected to COM1 with a USB 3.0 cable. After a recent Windows 10 update, the...