Windows 10: HD failure - need a W10 bootable recovery file - running an XP pc for downloads

Discus and support HD failure - need a W10 bootable recovery file - running an XP pc for downloads in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Dell Inspiron Laptop 5537 has stopped loading W10. Have done the BIOS thing and have tried all sorts of boot scenarios to no avail. I need a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Danl_807, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Danl_807 Win User

HD failure - need a W10 bootable recovery file - running an XP pc for downloads

My Dell Inspiron Laptop 5537 has stopped loading W10. Have done the BIOS thing and have tried all sorts of boot scenarios to no avail.

I need a Bootable W10 file (ISO?) to boot up the laptop from a USB or DVD to see what I can repair and/or retrieve.

I'm using an XP pc to look for downloads since the MS Recovery Tool can Only be downloaded using Windows 7and up...hence the Recovery Tool will not download to my XP machine.

Is there a download that I can use on my XP machine to download a recovery file which will boot the dead W10 laptop via USB/DVD???

I found this file which begins to Extract using Winzip, but at about 90% fails to complete creating a bootable file (W10_1903_v1_english_x64.iso) onto a 16GB USB drive..... not sure if this is a legit ISO or not since it doesn't complete extracting the files.

So, is there a downloadable W10 ISO for recovernng W10 laptop which can be downloaded onto an XP machine??

The Dell Inspiron 5537 laptop has a Build of 4228,21.

Thanks

Dan

:)

Danl_807, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Issues installing & running Windows XP SP3 in Hyper V

I'm playing around with Windows XP as a VM in Hyper V for reasons I won't go into. I have a bootable Windows XP SP3 CD I created some time ago. I've hit the following issues.

1. I can install XP from the CD but Hyper V seems to want access to the bootable CD whenever the VM is restarted. It would be faster to use an ISO file stored on a SSD. I've tried various ways to create a bootable ISO file from my CD but failed. What's the best way of creating an ISO file which will install XP and run under Hyper V?
    2. I installed a virtual switch using a legacy network adapter but cannot connect the VM to the internet. Has anyone done this and what are the key steps? Is it safe to use XP to connect to internet from Hyper V?
    3. I mounted the VM's .vhdx file to copy over some programs to test but this broke the VM's virtual drive configuration on restarting the VM. What's the best way to transfer files to the VM from elsewhere on my PC?

Steve C, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Help to create a bootable windows 10 disk on windows Xp

Hello

Here`s my story

I have a laptop (32-Bit) upgrade it to windows 10 it worked well till an error ocurred (00x00000001) and stop working

I got a Windows xp computer and want to create a bootable W10 disk i download the installation to W10 but i cant open the setup.exe

It says win32 not valid and cant do nothing more.

So how do i open this .exe file?

Or is there another way to download a bootable W10 disk?

What im trying to do: Download a Bootable W10 installation Dvd disk on a Wxp computer but cant open the Setup.exe file from the W10 installation.

Michael A. Navarro, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

1. HD failure - need a W10 bootable recovery file - running an XP pc for downloads - Similar Threads - failure need W10

2. need download recovery file for blue error screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need download recovery file for blue error screen: the link from responded email https://www.microsoft.com/zh-cn/software-downlois not correct one. please help stuck on blue errorr screen . can start safe mode , can’t reset pc either. tried all the steps form QR code steps and not working...
  3. need download recovery file for blue error screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need download recovery file for blue error screen: the link from responded email https://www.microsoft.com/zh-cn/software-downlois not correct one. please help stuck on blue errorr screen . can start safe mode , can’t reset pc either. tried all the steps form QR code steps and not working...
  4. need download recovery file for blue error screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. External HD recovery with Windows File Recovery App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HD recovery with Windows File Recovery App: Hi MS communityI have tried to use Windows File Recovery to recover all my files stored on a WD external Passport HD.I downloaded the app and used the command below:Winfr C: D:\Recovery /extensiveThe app gives me the following error message which I don't know what it...
  6. External HD recovery with Windows File Recovery App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HD recovery with Windows File Recovery App: Hi MS communityI have tried to use Windows File Recovery to recover all my files stored on a WD external Passport HD.I downloaded the app and used the command below:Winfr C: D:\Recovery /extensiveThe app gives me the following error message which I don't know what it...
  7. Bootable ISO Failure

Bootable ISO Failure: To start, last January, due to a mangled Windows 10 Home (skipping the details), I created and booted into the USB ISO, chose the option "Install Windows and keep files", which installed a new, clean copy. Last Friday, I suddenly lost my WiFi Internet, and have not yet been...
  8. W10 HD Failure - Need A Free File Recovery Program

W10 HD Failure - Need A Free File Recovery Program: Hello, Folks: My Dell Inspiron 5537 Laptop HD has failed. I've run all the applicable systems tests to no avail. I'm looking for a W10 Data Recovery Application (totally free, not just 2gb of download capability before having to purchase) which is Bootable and which I...
  9. Ms - for people who NEED XP - what about XP mode on W10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Ms - for people who NEED XP - what about XP mode on W10: Hi there For some people XP is still a necessary OS -- lots of hideously expensive lab gear / construction stuff etc runs on dedicated XP systems. A lot of this hardware has life times over 20 - 50 years for example so is not quickly replaced - and the original...
  10. creating bootable xp usb

creating bootable xp usb: Hi guys, I wanted to create a bootable xp usb stick that I could keep on me because I work with a couple of, lets say careless, people who are constantly getting their computer into mischief. So I've got an Ubuntu install stick but I know my way around windows more so I've...