Windows 10: HD fills up to max by one file

Discus and support HD fills up to max by one file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got a message that my HD was full. I emptied my Recycle Bin and for a short while there was plenty of space on the HD, but after a short while, I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nesvensson, Feb 4, 2016.

1. HD fills up to max by one file

I got a message that my HD was full. I emptied my Recycle Bin and for a short while there was plenty of space on the HD, but after a short while, I had the same massage: my HD was full to capacity. I manged to locate the problem. This file had 367 (!!!) Megabytes: c:/Program Files (x86)/ctrlcenter PC Support Agent/Logs/esService_2924.

If I deleted other files, the kilobytes of that file increased the size of the problem file.

I could not delete the file because "it is open in another program". I tried several times, with the same result. This morning as I am writing this, I made another try and Alas, the file deleted.

Can anybody explain?

NES

:)

nesvensson, Feb 4, 2016
  2. xtechguy Win User

Drive C filled up to max

Thank you I used TreeSize and WinDirstat apps to scan and clean. Norton 360 replicated the complete backup on to my HDD and kept doing that - very strange. Problem fixed.

Thank you.

xtechguy, Feb 4, 2016
  3. Drive C filled up to max

1. Scan your system with multiple good updated anti-malware apps (try Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool and MalwareBytes for starters).

2. Once you've confirmed your system is clean of malware, run Disk Cleanup and choose the option to clean system files.

3. If you still don't know what's taking up all the space on your drive, run TreeSize Free as admin and sort by size to see which folders are the most bloated.

RobertJWin, Feb 4, 2016
  4. f14tomcat Win User

HD fills up to max by one file

@nesvensson, Welcome to Tenforums! 367MB is not a large file at all, about the same as a handful of pics(.jpg). Found this for you to look over. And please fill in your system specs so we can be more helpful. Browsing for my Documents has ctrlcenter pc support agent as title and - Microsoft Community

To fill in your system specs, please see:

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

f14tomcat, Feb 4, 2016
  5. Sorry, the size was 367 GB, not MB. That is a different story, right. My computer has been steady now, the files have not reappeared. What kind of file is c:/Program Files (x86)/ctrlcenter PC Support Agent/Logs/esService_2924.?

nesvensson, Feb 5, 2016
  6. snoopy51 Win User
    Since you have not filled the System Specs we have no idea what kind system you have!

Here is wide guess, ctrlcenter Technical support is released by support.com. You have to go to the Program Files (X86)/ctrlcenter PC support Agent/logs/ and check the file yourself.

My guess is that is a log and if you stated that is 367 GB. That is huge!
    Did you install that?

snoopy51, Feb 5, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Malware would do that. There is a good guide at forums.majorgeeks.com in their malware forum titled "Read me first.".

You can remove Ctrlcenter PC Support. Office Depot installed it for no reason. No reason to keep it on the system.

I would still run the Malare scans.

bro67, Feb 5, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Please take a look at the link I posted for you.

f14tomcat, Feb 6, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    The program is like PC Matic. You do not need it on your system. Delete it with Revo Uninstaller, which you can download from majorgeeks.com.

bro67, Feb 6, 2016
  10. Winuser Win User
    367GB!!! I would definitely uninstall that program. That file is larger than some drives people are using for their system drive.

Winuser, Feb 6, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Good answer.. it scares me that they would add that in the first place.

BunnyJ, Feb 6, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    Same reason why my wife's stepmom installed and pays for the stupid PC matic. The only ones who feel all warm and fuzzy about this garbage software, is the one with their hands in your wallet.

Microsoft needs to Blacklist and not allow this garbage software to even be installed. I never let anyone else touch my machines.

bro67, Feb 6, 2016
  13. BunnyJ New Member

That stuff is junk but given how much it's advertised on say, CNN, I'm not shocked that they get people on the hook.

They use scare tactics and lots of untruths.. but heck. It's the American way I guess.

BunnyJ, Feb 6, 2016
  14. Winuser Win User
    A version of the modern day Snake Oil.

Winuser, Feb 6, 2016
  15. WHS
    whs Win User
    Here you see what happens when you let people use a computer that have no idea what a computer is.

Thema:

1. HD fills up to max by one file - Similar Threads - fills max file

2. C: drive filling up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: drive filling up: I have a new Surface Go 2 laptop with Windows 11 Home installed. There should be about 120 G storage space on it. My apps are listed in System / Storage as using about 90 GB and I have hardly anything else on the machine - it is all in the cloud. The C drive is sitting at red...
  3. one drive filling up my trash folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one drive filling up my trash folder: I seen users with this problem a couple of years back but this is happening to me now and I have found no solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-filling-up-my-trash-folder/ddbf2fb0-3ae0-40cb-a4d0-d197b773a4c8
  4. Archive Security Event Logs Filling HD

Archive Security Event Logs Filling HD: I don't know what caused it but I am seeing a massive amount of logs that aren't clearing themselves. I don't know if someone set something in group policy to monitor something and forgot but I don't see anything abnormal. I have gone to 10 computers, all of ours are Win 10,...
  5. Corrupted file filled up OneDrive

Corrupted file filled up OneDrive: I had trouble with my Nintendo Switch saying that the micro SD card I was using was full while at the same time saying that there were 30 GB of free space on it. I looked through the files and found a file for Pokemon Sword that was labelled as corrupted. I tried deleting the...
  6. Windows Temp Files keep filling up with evtx files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Temp Files keep filling up with evtx files: This has been ongoing for a while now but I'm finally irritated enough by it to post. Every few weeks, our temp files folder gets filled up wit a bunch of .evtx files. I delete them all 118k of them and they come back as fast as I can delete them. It goes on for a few days...
  7. photos file filling up with png. files HELP

photos file filling up with png. files HELP: windows10 photos is filling up with png. files every month and I can't stop it or delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-file-filling-up-with-png-files-help/4b339243-b834-4ae1-89d1-4fa514572c34
  8. Why is my trmporsry file folder filling up ?

Why is my trmporsry file folder filling up ?: My PC is adding files to the following folder c:\users\name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Inetcache\IE\ at an alarming rate, and I have no idea how or why it is happening. For example I left it inactive apart from background tasks and unattended for 45 minutes, and over...
  9. AppX filling up temp file!

AppX filling up temp file!: What does Microsoft say about the problem of AppX error/service filling up a Temp file and that even if you delete it they start again? It uses up computer memory.....!!! Thank you....
  10. Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files

Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files: My HP Laptop harddrive is filling up with Event Log files in the Windows Temp folder. The harddrive fills totally within 2 days running. Solution...