Windows 10: HD readable but has issue with transfering files

Discus and support HD readable but has issue with transfering files in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an extra hard disk 500GB I found unused so I bought an enclosure for it to make it like external hard drive. The issue is, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fadi, Oct 29, 2016.

1. fadi Win User

HD readable but has issue with transfering files

Hello,

I have an extra hard disk 500GB I found unused so I bought an enclosure for it to make it like external hard drive.

The issue is, when plug it to computer and try to transfer files around 200MB it starts with decent speed then slows down to about 1 hour or less.

:)

2. BobPitman Win User

Lost photo/scanned files metadata Win XP - Win 10 Laplink transfer

Hi Vanessa,

quick reply just to placehold while I get the screen shots you wanted.

To answer your questions

1. there are 2 answers for this,

• those pictures transfered XP system HD to Win 10 HD, No, the details were never available on the Win 10 machine, they just seem to have been dropped or lost in the laplink transfer, and
    • for those on my external hard drive they have never been viewable on this XP machine but remain viewable if I pug the external HD into the old WinXP machine - which I guess means that the data are still held or associated with the picturesand readable
      using Win XP - whether those data are in the images file or in an associated database that references the image file I dont know (but you might?)
    2. yes I will get shots from the source XP machine and the target (this) Win 10 machine

3. Yes, all the pics whether transfered WinXP HD to Win10 HD using laplink or accessing te same backed up images using file explorer

4. Yes, my Win10 user account on this machine has admin privs and so does the user account I use on my win XP machine.

I will get and post screenshots later today. Thanks for the reply and apologies for the very tardy response from me!

Bob Pitman

BobPitman, Oct 29, 2016
  3. tbrcrl Win User
    Unable to open .docx files created in LibreOffice

The situation is as follows

.docx file created in Word
    > Readable in Word YES
    > Readable in Skydrive PC with WordWebbApp YES
    > Readable in Skydrive mobile with Word mobile YES
    > Readable in LibreOffice YES

.docx file created in LibreOffice

> Readable in Word YES
    > Readable in Skydrive mobile with Word mobile NO (can't open)

.docx file created in WordWebbApp Skydrive

> Readable in Word YES

.docx filoe created in WordWebbApp PC

> Readable in Word YES

So it seems that
    > Windows Phone 7.5 recognizes that the file has been created / modified by Libre Office and stop the use of such file on the phone
    OR
    > there is a compatibility problem between the .docx formats of Word mobile and of Libre Office

tbrcrl, Oct 29, 2016
  4. AddRAM Win User

You found ????

Have you run any benchmark software on it ?

Why not connect it internally ?

AddRAM, Oct 29, 2016
  5. fadi Win User
    it actually was installed in my PS 3 and when I upgraded my hard drive I didn't use it, and now I am making smth from it.
    what kinda programs do u suggest.

6. Adalwar Win User
    Just open an Elevated Command prompt and type : WinSAT disk -drive [drive letter] and press enter.
    There you have full benchmark for you Drive. Do the same for you Drive C and compare results.

Adalwar, Oct 29, 2016
  7. fadi Win User
    This one if or the C drive

HD readable but has issue with transfering files [​IMG]

This one for the E drive, when I run the command the hard drive gets disconnected

HD readable but has issue with transfering files [​IMG]

fadi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HD readable but has issue with transfering files - Similar Threads - readable has issue

2. Onedrive transfer file to personal HD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive transfer file to personal HD: why I cannot copy some files from Onedrive to my own HD?! It looks like privacy violation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-transfer-file-to-personal-hd/ff6a9c1d-9616-4500-84b2-793f8160ca8c
  3. Onedrive transfer file to personal HD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive transfer file to personal HD: why I cannot copy some files from Onedrive to my own HD?! It looks like privacy violation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-transfer-file-to-personal-hd/ff6a9c1d-9616-4500-84b2-793f8160ca8c
  4. Transferring File Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring File Issue: Hi,When I tried to transfer a file from my phone to my computer, there is an error message as shown in the screenshot attached below. Does anyone know what's the cause of the issue?...
  5. Transferring File Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring File Issue: Hi,When I tried to transfer a file from my phone to my computer, there is an error message as shown in the screenshot attached below. Does anyone know what's the cause of the issue?...
  6. File transfer issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer issue: Hi, This is Dhaval from Ananka FastenersI m running on the latest build of windows 11 but, I can’t transfer the files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-issue/63e74ec9-4304-4c7f-9a24-da0ca521a6a8
  7. File Transfer Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Transfer Issues: im trying to do a deep clean of my external hard drives SSD's so im moving things over to my computers Drive and formating the drives, however, the computers drive is super slow when transfering files and keeps giving off an error 0x8007045d But its not due to the external...
  8. Transferring files to external HD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring files to external HD: I just bought a WD easystore 2tb external hard drive, I also have an old HP slim line s5-1414 PC that is running windows 10. when I transfer a file from the PC to the external hard drive the file still appears on the PC. I’m trying to save space on the computer. I’m...
  9. Readable File Backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Readable File Backup: I am setting up a new computer. In the past I have used SyncToy to back up files to an external hard drive, but I understand that it won't work with Windows 10 any longer because an older .net version is required for SyncToy. I do not want to use cloud services. What...
  10. File Transfer Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Transfer Issue: Hello, I was transferring files from my USB flash drive to my Documents folder, but there was a problem with the USB and it stopped working while transferring my files. Could my files be corrupted? And could this affect my computer? Please let me know. Any help will be...