Windows 10: HD sentinel and disk life ??

Discus and support HD sentinel and disk life ?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi so on 2 of my external drives in a hard drive dock yes they are old power on hours is long, but status shows 100% prefect but life show something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tonyb, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Tonyb Win User

HD sentinel and disk life ??

hi so on 2 of my external drives in a hard drive dock yes they are old power on hours is long, but status shows 100% prefect but life show something else one says more than 100 days left other shows more than 206 days left, should i worry about this and start for a new backup storage drive anytime soon??

HD sentinel and disk life ?? [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -
    @Brink put this in wrong forum can you please move to hard disk forum thank you not sure how i clicked on this area oops.

:)

Tonyb, Dec 28, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Hard Disk Sentinel for free-excellent tool to check/monitor HDD & SSD

What is most helpful is the textual review in some detail where disks are problematic. That's quick, clear, unambiguous. For example, in a recent thread a user had a number of disks. He knew there was a problem with one but couldn't tell (had identified a couple of relevant event id's).

HD Sentinel pointed him to the exact disk, describing the I/O failure with numbers, and suggested checking cabling.

It was indeed a cable.

Where there are problems, it's in colour, with projected life.

Much better than just looking down a list of 'OK' s

Of course you've then got SMART lists, alerts, various tests, information lists... it just does all these well.

dalchina, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Large Temperature Discrepancy Between HD DIsk Sentinel/ Crystal Disk?

Unless I am mistaken both apps are reading the temps of the internal storage device and if so then why the large discrepancy? TIA.

phaedruspress, Dec 28, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How to format a hard disk correctly?

One step at a time- I've only just read that info...!

1. Hard Disk Sentinel - still awaited
    2. PC Specs- still awaited

Low transfer rate confimed - a. see what HDS says b. search forum as I suggested.

Meanwhile block Windows Update so your PC is usable.

There's little point in trying to fix WU without decent disk performance.

dalchina, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

1. HD sentinel and disk life ?? - Similar Threads - sentinel disk life

2. Microsoft Life-Cam HD-5000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Life-Cam HD-5000: I have the webcam but there is an autofocus problem, it says that there is no windows 10 driver because it is already compatible but I dont know where to turn it off. Is there a way to turn it off?By the way I have windows 10....
  3. sentinel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sentinel: I need to download sentinel for my bcd436hp scanner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sentinel/f0421083-478d-44aa-8cf2-e12b5fb3ad90
  4. life cam HD 3000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    life cam HD 3000: I downloaded driver for windows 10, plugged into 2.0 USB, but cam is not turning on. Can someone tell me how to launch this web cam? Thank you in advance for any help. Judy Wagers...
  5. Large Temperature Discrepancy Between HD DIsk Sentinel/ Crystal Disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large Temperature Discrepancy Between HD DIsk Sentinel/ Crystal Disk?: Unless I am mistaken both apps are reading the temps of the internal storage device and if so then why the large discrepancy? TIA. [img] [img] 125437
  6. HD Sentinel Test Sound Alert flags MCI error

HD Sentinel Test Sound Alert flags MCI error: My brother email me with a problem with HD Sentinel flagging unable to initializing mci. He send me the following screenshot; [img] Is it to do with Windows 10 1809 or with HD Sentinel? Any help solving this issue would be most appreciated. 124280
  7. Hard Disk Sentinel Pro vs. Samsung Magician

Hard Disk Sentinel Pro vs. Samsung Magician: I run Hard Disk Sentinel Pro ver. 5.01.15 (latest is 5.30) and it runs in the background. I like it. Over the weekend I installed my first SSD that is supported by Samsung Magician an EVO 860. I have a 250GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD that is not supported by Samsung Magician....
  8. Hard Disk Sentinel pre-licensed- another chance

Hard Disk Sentinel pre-licensed- another chance: Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition Free Registration Key Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition normally charges $23 per serial key / registration code. Comss are having a giveaway of Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition V5.01 for PC, where everyone can download a full copy for...
  9. Hard Disk Sentinel (& SSD) - giveaway on Sharewareonsale

Hard Disk Sentinel (& SSD) - giveaway on Sharewareonsale: See Daily free giveaways of paid apps & software | SharewareOnSale Very handy program to check/monitor your disk state. 107707
  10. Hard Disk Sentinel 5.01 at Bitsdujour today

Hard Disk Sentinel 5.01 at Bitsdujour today: Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition Hard Drive Software 100% and not just hard disks... good clear indication of problems+ monitoring 94336