Windows 10: HD Sentinel Test Sound Alert flags MCI error

Discus and support HD Sentinel Test Sound Alert flags MCI error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My brother email me with a problem with HD Sentinel flagging unable to initializing mci. He send me the following screenshot; [img] Is it to do with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by scopio, Dec 28, 2018.

1. scopio Win User

HD Sentinel Test Sound Alert flags MCI error

My brother email me with a problem with HD Sentinel flagging unable to initializing mci.

He send me the following screenshot;

HD Sentinel Test Sound Alert flags MCI error [​IMG]

Is it to do with Windows 10 1809 or with HD Sentinel?
    Any help solving this issue would be most appreciated.

:)

scopio, Dec 28, 2018

2. text message alert sounds?

Hi,

To assist you better please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the phone?

• When you say ‘’cannot find how to set text message alert sounds’’ are you referring to setup a particular sound/alert for the message or there is no sound alert at all when you received the message?
    I also like to inform you that, you cannot setup a different alert sound except the inbuilt sound alert. If you refer to setting up your choice sound alert, I suggest you to provide your valuable suggestion and feedback using feedback app.

Thank you. If you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 28, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Hard Disk Sentinel for free-excellent tool to check/monitor HDD & SSD

What is most helpful is the textual review in some detail where disks are problematic. That's quick, clear, unambiguous. For example, in a recent thread a user had a number of disks. He knew there was a problem with one but couldn't tell (had identified a couple of relevant event id's).

HD Sentinel pointed him to the exact disk, describing the I/O failure with numbers, and suggested checking cabling.

It was indeed a cable.

Where there are problems, it's in colour, with projected life.

Much better than just looking down a list of 'OK' s

Of course you've then got SMART lists, alerts, various tests, information lists... it just does all these well.

dalchina, Dec 28, 2018
  4. HD Sentinel Test Sound Alert flags MCI error

Loss of alert sounds

We'd like to ask for additional information:

• Is the alert sounds is included in your taskbar before?
    • What's the error when you tried to run the troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried to check the alert sound in the start menu?
    Meanwhile, kindly uninstall and reinstall the app and let's see if the alert sounds will reinstalled together with the application.

Raymond Ave, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

HD Sentinel Test Sound Alert flags MCI error

1. HD Sentinel Test Sound Alert flags MCI error - Similar Threads - Sentinel Test Sound

2. Annoying alert sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying alert sounds: I sometimes get bugged by recurring alert sounds with no indication of what is causing them. Is there a way to find out what is causing these sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-alert-sounds/e987d981-6b37-45a1-a127-bdb58ea2ed4e
  3. Annoying alert sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying alert sounds: I sometimes get bugged by recurring alert sounds with no indication of what is causing them. Is there a way to find out what is causing these sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-alert-sounds/e987d981-6b37-45a1-a127-bdb58ea2ed4e
  4. sentinel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sentinel: I need to download sentinel for my bcd436hp scanner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sentinel/f0421083-478d-44aa-8cf2-e12b5fb3ad90
  5. HD sentinel and disk life ??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HD sentinel and disk life ??: hi so on 2 of my external drives in a hard drive dock yes they are old power on hours is long, but status shows 100% prefect but life show something else one says more than 100 days left other shows more than 206 days left, should i worry about this and start for a new backup...
  6. Test Sound

Test Sound: I started a test sound on my speakers and now I cannot make it stop playing.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test-sound/4fc73092-70e5-4e46-8aab-da0a9012462c
  7. Wierd alert sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wierd alert sound: Keep getting a weird alert sound every so often my cursor flashes and then everything goes back to normal, don’t know what causes this I reset pc and problem still there. Help submitted by /u/StoleYourPillow [link] [comments]...
  8. the performance of my hard drive hast decreased to 96% (HD Sentinel)

the performance of my hard drive hast decreased to 96% (HD Sentinel): Hi! Can this problem be solved? [img] thanks in advance 127014
  9. Windows sounds / alerts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows sounds / alerts: Lately my computer has when I am not sitting there, waking up and then coming a lot of sounds. I have tried and turned off the mouse to wake up the computer but it does not seem to help at all. how do i do that the computer just wakes up via the keyboard and nothing else?...
  10. Large Temperature Discrepancy Between HD DIsk Sentinel/ Crystal Disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large Temperature Discrepancy Between HD DIsk Sentinel/ Crystal Disk?: Unless I am mistaken both apps are reading the temps of the internal storage device and if so then why the large discrepancy? TIA. [img] [img] 125437