Windows 10: HD too SSD

Discus and support HD too SSD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Almost a year I updated my Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 Pro. Now I would like to replace my DH with an SSD. I will make a clone of the HD to the SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aliskander, Jul 31, 2016.

1. HD too SSD

Almost a year I updated my Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 Pro.
    Now I would like to replace my DH with an SSD.
    I will make a clone of the HD to the SSD with AOMEI Backupper Professional.
    What about my Microsoft Windows License? Will it still be valid?
    thanks in advance for any answers, gabriël

:)

aliskander, Jul 31, 2016
  2. Rus T Win User

Problem with BSOD Hardware Failure on Win 10 (it's not RAM, but message something points to memory corrupt)

Hi Ralf,

My HD is an SSD HD, I do not really understand how SSD works.

I understand that SSD individual NAND flash can worn out after time, but my Intel SW reading saying that it's 100% healthy. I understand the mechanical HD can have bad sectors, but can SSD have bad sectors too?

Thanks.

Rus T, Jul 31, 2016
  3. Windows 10 is not installing in any way, does not want a clean install

I was running into the same problem until I removed my other internal HD. I have a SSD as the primary and then a 7200RPM HD as the secondary in the CDROM bay. I removed the secondary drive and I was able to proceed no problem.

I hope you have 2 HD's so this solution helps you. Otherwise, I'm at a loss too. Good luck.

TristanMiles, Jul 31, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

HD too SSD

As long as you don't replace the Mother Board. Any other devices such as HD, SSD, CD ROM, RAM etc... can be replaced without affecting activation. So the answer is you are safe.

topgundcp, Jul 31, 2016
  5. Thank you very much for that answer. very clear.

aliskander, Jul 31, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
    Correct me if wrong, on one of the release statements from M$ concerning Redstone it will be possible to change the motherboard or indeed any other part, yet still being able to retain activation....something about signing in using an M$ account making this possible.

dencal, Jul 31, 2016
  7. Plankton Win User
    Personally, I would go with a clean install when it comes to a new HDD/SSD.

Plankton, Jul 31, 2016
  8. HD too SSD

may I ask why?
    gabriël

aliskander, Jul 31, 2016
  9. Plankton Win User
    Sure.....If the system in questions has any bugs/quriks/problems/issues - known or unknown......it will be transferred in the cloning process. Although, there's nothing wrong in doing a clone/system image for a new HDD/SSD install. One just doesn't know and the only way to be sure is a clean install. Cloning/System images is the general rule for backups and if something catastrophic happens....you have it and in less the 15 minutes you're back up and running. Compared to a clean install which takes hours and then there's the updates to deal with.

It's always recommended by the IT professionals to do a clean install when it comes to a new HDD/SSD.

Plankton, Jul 31, 2016
  10. Thank you very much for this explanation.
    I'll see what I will do.
    gabriël

aliskander, Jul 31, 2016
  11. mrgeek Win User

I've seen many have issues with the differences in partition sizes between the HDD and the SDD that result in boot issues. I would clean install and re-install programs and data from backups too.

mrgeek, Jul 31, 2016
  12. Steve C Win User
    I replaced a HDD with a SSD last year using Macrium Reflect to image the system and had zero problems. There may be some tips in my guide you might find helpful. http://www.eightforums.com/installat...s-hdd-ssd.html There are certainly advantages in the clean install route if you can spare the time to reinstall everything.

Steve C, Jul 31, 2016
  13. Plankton Win User

HD too SSD

I can't open your .docx file from the aforementioned link. I have MS Word, using FF browser but I can't seem to open it.

Never mind....I had to save the file to open it in word.....not liking that. I got it.

Plankton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

HD too SSD

1. HD too SSD - Similar Threads - too SSD

2. Installed new SSD, accidentally made main partition too small

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installed new SSD, accidentally made main partition too small: I installed a 1TB SSD and was able to get it Windows 10 working but accidentally made the C drive only 38 GB see pic. What's the best path forward to fix this?...
  3. Installed new SSD, accidentally made main partition too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed new SSD, accidentally made main partition too small: I installed a 1TB SSD and was able to get it Windows 10 working but accidentally made the C drive only 38 GB see pic. What's the best path forward to fix this?...
  4. Installed new SSD, accidentally made main partition too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When i download a crack app on my device the ssd just chnaged the name and my pc be too slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i download a crack app on my device the ssd just chnaged the name and my pc be too slow: When i download a crack app on my device the ssd just chnaged the name and my pc be too slow.I make a full scan and there wasnt any virus on my device . Plz i need help i cant work with this problem.How can i fix my ssd because it always above 95%...
  6. When i download a crack app on my device the ssd just chnaged the name and my pc be too slow

When i download a crack app on my device the ssd just chnaged the name and my pc be too slow: When i download a crack app on my device the ssd just chnaged the name and my pc be too slow.I make a full scan and there wasnt any virus on my device . Plz i need help i cant work with this problem.How can i fix my ssd because it always above 95%...
  7. When i download a crack app on my device the ssd just chnaged the name and my pc be too slow

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I tried to format my ssd to install windows in there too, but it influenced somehow my windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I tried to format my ssd to install windows in there too, but it influenced somehow my windows: The files are still inside it, but I can't restore Windows with a bootable USB from it. I get this message when I try to restore the hard disk partitions. How can I fix this without losing files? the translation is : "The volume "lost Volume 2" can not be restored because of...
  9. I tried to format my ssd to install windows in there too, but it influenced somehow my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to format my ssd to install windows in there too, but it influenced somehow my windows: The files are still inside it, but I can't restore Windows with a bootable USB from it. I get this message when I try to restore the hard disk partitions. How can I fix this without losing files? the translation is : "The volume "lost Volume 2" can not be restored because of...
  10. I tried to format my ssd to install windows in there too, but it influenced somehow my windows