Windows 10: HDCleaner replacing CCleaner Pro

Discus and support HDCleaner replacing CCleaner Pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been looking for a replacement for CCleaner Pro that would easily allow me to select which cookies to keep when doing the CLEANING option....... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kipper, Feb 13, 2019.

1. kipper Win User

HDCleaner replacing CCleaner Pro

I have been looking for a replacement for CCleaner Pro that would easily allow me to select which cookies to keep when doing the CLEANING option....

HDCleaner looked like a sollid tool, however, when slecting the cookies to keep it failed and deleted all cookies when I would perform the cleaning function...

I emailed Kurt Zimmermann and asked him to look into this BUG... Kurt replied the same day and said he would fix this bug in the next version... Kurt emailed me two days later telling me he has fixed the issue and asked me to try the new version he released today..... THE PROBLEM is solved...

I can say if any of you are looking at a replaced for CCleaner since the Avast takeover you might want to look at HDCleaner...

:)

kipper, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Callender Win User

HDCleaner - CCleaner alternative

Just tested this (portable version)

Kurt Zimmermann Software HDCleaner

If you are using CCEnhancer or added winapp2.ini cleaning plugins file to Ccleaner you can copy the file into HDCleaner folder and save as Unicode and it will import plugins.

See video.
    1Xd4KCpLkZA

Callender, Feb 13, 2019
  3. KabyBlue Win User

@Callender

What app do you use to get tabs on your Windows Explorer? That's a feature I use daily on macOS that I wish was on Windows...

HDCleaner replacing CCleaner Pro [​IMG]

KabyBlue, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Callender Win User

Just to make it clear for anyone else reading this thread. The program needs to be installed with admin rights (run installer as admin) and then launched with admin rights or from an elevated shortcut. I can't comment on problems with Chrome because I won't use Chrome - I only use Chrome variants.

Personally I never tested a default installation. I used a trimmed imported winapp2.ini file from Ccleaner created with CCEnhancer and did not select any volatile entries to be cleaned.

See:
    Latest CCleaner Version Released - Page 84 - Windows 7 Help Forums

Callender, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. HDCleaner replacing CCleaner Pro - Similar Threads - HDCleaner replacing CCleaner

2. CCleaner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CCleaner: when I select Ccleaner it's too big for the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/4d3f2c1b-8d6b-4184-bd8d-d2ce7a44e72d
  3. CCleaner

in Windows 10 Customization
    CCleaner: Every time I start my computer, it asks me if I want to allow CCleaner to make changes to my system. How do I make my computer stop asking me this question? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/1bf2811a-5fb8-48cc-9520-7d48abcdf9fc
  4. CCleaner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CCleaner: Is CCleaner safe to reinstall on laptop using Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ccleaner/2db1feb0-ed2c-4ec6-95de-d0e92c109eb4"
  5. HDCleaner - CCleaner alternative

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDCleaner - CCleaner alternative: Just tested this (portable version) Kurt Zimmermann Software HDCleaner If you are using CCEnhancer or added winapp2.ini cleaning plugins file to Ccleaner you can copy the file into HDCleaner folder and save as Unicode and it will import plugins. See video. 1Xd4KCpLkZA...
  6. Ccleaner

Ccleaner: hello Iran Ccleaner's Windows tab with defaults as is and it analyzed 1 GB to be removed. When I ran the cleaner it said 8 MB were removed. What is wrong? TY 22500
  7. CCleaner Pro

CCleaner Pro: Wondering whether I should be using Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer when analyzing what to clean. Microsoft Edge is cleaned analyzed and cleaned regularly 28158
  8. CCleaner

CCleaner: What is you guys opinion on this program? I bought the professional version and have used CCleaner for many years but I feel like its beginning to make a small difference on my computer... the cleaning isnt as good as it used to be many years ago... what do you guys think,...
  9. Ccleaner

Ccleaner: Each time I log into my user profile, Ccleaner asks for permissions to run. How can I stop this? Note: I could probably go to Google and research this problem, but I always like to hear something from this forum as I trust you guys and your solutions as they always...
  10. Ccleaner or ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ccleaner or ?: Is Ccleaner the only tool you can clean your Windows 10 with(not registry)safely? I have Bitdefender Total Security 2018, can I use the optimizer build in that product? I am not a techie so what software out there can I use? [img] 91807

Users found this page by searching for:

1. replacement for ccleaner 2019