Windows 10: HDD 100% usage on a game which is installed on the SSD?

Discus and support HDD 100% usage on a game which is installed on the SSD? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone, lately I've engaged a problem with several games. Alot of my games suddenly got tons of performance issues. I've checked my Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rentarou, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Rentarou Win User

HDD 100% usage on a game which is installed on the SSD?

Hello everyone,
    lately I've engaged a problem with several games. Alot of my games suddenly got tons of performance issues. I've checked my Task Manager during game sessions and noticed that my HDD just spikes up to 100%, mainly consistently on 100% actually. Games are installed on the SSD, but HDD just takes the hit. Any idea why and how to fix it?
    Also, GPU (GTX 1050ti mini 4gb) max 40%, RAM (some old DDR3, 12gb) max 70%, CPU (Intel I7 4770k) max 65%.
    Winver: 1909 (Build: 18363.1440)

Not running the best setup in the first place, but this performance impact makes games ALMOST unplayable.

Im looking forward to some ideas.

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
    Ren

:)

Rentarou, Apr 2, 2021
  2. simoli Win User

win10 1803 hdd 100% usage

im using lenovo ip 320 2 weeks ago, instal win10 1803 direct download from microsoft and after instal the windows the hdd 100% usage

didn't instal anything accept windows 10 1803 and driver lenovo direct from website lenovo.com support for the laptop

any suggestion?

simoli, Apr 2, 2021
  3. DomClough Win User
    100% Disk Usage on Secondary Steam Games SSD

I have had a strange problem for over a month now and have made lots of different attempts to fix it.

When starting my computer one of my SSDs runs at 100% usage slowing down the entire computer, especially file explorer even though it only has a steam library on it. I tried the SSD in another PC and it seemed fine, I therefore presumed it was bad hardware
    and replaced the SSD with one of the same model. The new SSD has the exact same issue, I have tried disabling windows services, full PC reset and swapping all SATA ports on my motherboard. There dosen't seem to be any obvious process using the SSD on resource
    manager. Also the average response speed and read and write speed are all 0 when the drive is at 100% usage.

I do have another minor problem that may be related, occasionally when I launch the task manager I will only see one of my drives instead of all of them, then a few seconds later they will all appear and my problematic SSD will be at 100% usage.

I have tried to fix this for quite a while now and would appreciate in getting the problem sorted as it is incredibly frustrating.

Specs:

Ryzen 7 3700x

32GB 3600Mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super

X570 Aorus Elite Motherboard

850W Cooler Master V850 80+ Gold PSU

Windows 10 64Bit Version 1909

HDDS(by SATA Port):

0: Samsung 840 Evo 240GB (Windows Boot Drive)

1: WD Blue 3d NAND SSD 500GB (Problematic SSD)

2: WD Green 3TB HDD

3: Seagate Barracude 1TB HDD

4: DVD Drive

M.2 SSD Kingston 120GB

DomClough, Apr 2, 2021
  4. HDD 100% usage on a game which is installed on the SSD?

100% Disk Usage on Secondary Steam Games SSD

I have the exact same problem with a WD Blue 3D NAND SSD 1TB I got recently. It always spikes to 100% usage as soon as you try to launch a game from it, sits unusable for about 5 minutes, then goes down to 0% and I'm good to go like nothing happened! Occasionally
    it will work fine, but most of the time this happens and it is infuriating!

Every post I've seen with the 100% usage issue has to do with the boot drive, not a dedicated game drive. A friend told me it might be a faulty drive and I should just send it back, but I'll keep searching for a solution

Bill. I. Am, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

HDD 100% usage on a game which is installed on the SSD?

1. HDD 100% usage on a game which is installed on the SSD? - Similar Threads - HDD 100% usage

2. HDD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD usage at 100%: My Dell laptop's Hard Drive usage continually shoots up to 100% and can last up to 1 hour before the disk usage drops again. This happens every time work starts and I thought it was because they were updating or scanning Windows Defender, but in the middle of the day it also...
  3. HDD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD usage at 100%: My Dell laptop's Hard Drive usage continually shoots up to 100% and can last up to 1 hour before the disk usage drops again. This happens every time work starts and I thought it was because they were updating or scanning Windows Defender, but in the middle of the day it also...
  4. SSD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD usage at 100%: Lately, my pc has been slowing down, and its seemingly caused by the SSD usage going to 100%. At random the SSD usage will spike to 100%, ranging from a few seconds at a time, to a whole minute even. When its not doing that, it'll still stay relatively high, or spike to lower...
  5. SSD usage at 100%

SSD usage at 100%: Lately, my pc has been slowing down, and its seemingly caused by the SSD usage going to 100%. At random the SSD usage will spike to 100%, ranging from a few seconds at a time, to a whole minute even. When its not doing that, it'll still stay relatively high, or spike to lower...
  6. HDD is at 100% while my SSD is 0% usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD is at 100% while my SSD is 0% usage.: Like the title says, my system is on the SSD but it is using the HDD right now for some unknown reason I am sure it's installed on the SSD btw when the HDD reaches 100% my entire system starts lagging immensely, and I don't know why this is happening.Why did I buy an SSD and...
  7. HDD is at 100% while my SSD is 0% usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD is at 100% while my SSD is 0% usage.: Like the title says, my system is on the SSD but it is using the HDD right now for some unknown reason I am sure it's installed on the SSD btw when the HDD reaches 100% my entire system starts lagging immensely, and I don't know why this is happening.Why did I buy an SSD and...
  8. HDD is at 100% while my SSD is 0% usage.

9. 100% Disk usage on startup and games with SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% Disk usage on startup and games with SSD: I've been having this issue with my desktop where it will be fairly slow/unresponsive during startup and on loading screens for games. I've noticed by looking in task manager that the disk usage spikes to 100% during this, which seems strange. There's also some slowdown...
  10. 100% HDD Usage lately when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% HDD Usage lately when gaming: Hello everyone. I've run into a bit of an irritating issue concerning my storage drive (standard western digital hdd). When i'm gaming, particularly The Division ( and also the beta for The Division 2) my disk usage jumps to 100% and causes a ton of lag. I don't experience...