Windows 10: HDD 50 percent used even after format

Discus and support HDD 50 percent used even after format in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; (WIN 10 PRO with GPT HDD) I recently added SSD to laptop and replaced optical drive with HDD(old one with the help of caddy). Installed new win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dangerous., May 4, 2019.

1. HDD 50 percent used even after format

(WIN 10 PRO with GPT HDD)

I recently added SSD to laptop and replaced optical drive with HDD(old one with the help of caddy).

Installed new win 10 pro to SSD and formated the HDD with the help of Mini Partition tool.

Even after format it show 50 percent used.

Not able to format with windows default tools > CMD, diskpart, disk managment, right click(format) > it hanged at 0 percent even after 1hr

Tried dpart tool > it freeup the space but HDD bcm inaccessible/ non reponsive. Partion are showed in explorer but as i tried to write any thing write speed drooped to 0 with in a sec.

Please help ....Tell me the solution..

:)

Dangerous., May 4, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 4, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 4, 2019
  4. Johankaan Win User

HDD 50 percent used even after format

unlock hdd

Johankaan, May 4, 2019
Thema:

HDD 50 percent used even after format

1. HDD 50 percent used even after format - Similar Threads - HDD percent used

2. Formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting HDD: Why creating partition does not generate healthy partitions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-hdd/bd6e4a63-8334-4c10-9ba3-4c82e381a01f
  3. Formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting HDD: Why creating partition does not generate healthy partitions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-hdd/bd6e4a63-8334-4c10-9ba3-4c82e381a01f
  4. Formatting HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB headset microphone automatically lowers to 50 percent after constant sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB headset microphone automatically lowers to 50 percent after constant sound: I have a razer kraken te. Whenever I make a constant noise like humming, it lowers the sound by 50%. I have no idea what is causing it at this point and has been an issue ever since I've had it. I've looked online everywhere and can't find anything and if I did, there were no...
  6. HDD Format

HDD Format: This might be a stupid Question lolHow do I tell for If an External USB HDD has been Formatted or not .... so I know for IF I NEED to Format it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-format/b956aefa-2570-4e3a-b8d6-e8715e386bba
  7. Formatted HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatted HDD: i Formatted a HDD to do a fresh install on my PC and when i try to reinstall windows 10 from a USB i can only get into the BIOS and i can't change the boot sequence to boot from the USB i even tried installing Ubuntu Instead and it still wouldn't work...
  8. HDD NOT DETECTED EVEN BY BIOS AFTER FAILED DISK FORMAT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD NOT DETECTED EVEN BY BIOS AFTER FAILED DISK FORMAT: Today i installed a new hdd to my pc, i went to disk management and it was unallocated so I formatted it, when it was formatting disk management stopped responding and it closed, when i went to disk management again it didnt even show up, I looked in bios and it is not...
  9. 100 percent disk usage even after full format.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100 percent disk usage even after full format.: My system with specifications, i5 1st gen, ram 4 gb, windows 10, was showing 100 percent disk usage or 100 percent CPU usage. So i have full formated it. Even after that it still shows same values when ever i start using any application. If both are below 5o then memory stat...
  10. ram usage is more than 50 percent even when it is idle

ram usage is more than 50 percent even when it is idle: Restarting doesn't seem to help. like , the non pool memory usage is more than 500mb when it is checked at once the laptop is powered on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage-is-more-than-50-percent-even-when-it-is/1790384e-1e68-4f6a-9252-99d5df96961f