Windows 10: HDD Access problems

Discus and support HDD Access problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I had recently recovered an old hard drive from one of my previous computers. I plug it in and everything is working but as I was trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Biggy Ina, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Biggy Ina Win User

HDD Access problems

Hello,

I had recently recovered an old hard drive from one of my previous computers. I plug it in and everything is working but as I was trying to gain access to the drive, I had done the ICACL command and it had supposedly done something. After that it kept saying that my devices I had tried to specify did not exist. When I try to change the owners, I get the same error every single time: "Unable to set new owner on Windows D:, A device which does not exist was specified." If I do the child folders it says the same and then gives me the same error but on each one of the folders inside the drive individually. How can I fix this? Was the first command something destructive?

:)

Biggy Ina, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 10, 2021
  4. HDD Access problems

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

HDD Access problems

1. HDD Access problems - Similar Threads - HDD Access problems

2. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD not accessible: I bought HP Notebook on 31 March 2021 from authorized dealer City Computer Resources with following details:Batch HP 15S DY3001TUIntel I3 11th Gen processor8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6’FHDWin10Home, MS Office Home & Student 2019With 1 year warranty. I was using the notebook very...
  3. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal HDD not accessible: I bought HP Notebook on 31 March 2021 from authorized dealer City Computer Resources with following details:Batch HP 15S DY3001TUIntel I3 11th Gen processor8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6’FHDWin10Home, MS Office Home & Student 2019With 1 year warranty. I was using the notebook very...
  4. HDD Access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Access: I have 3 'old' HDD drives, 2 from from previous PC's and 1 removed from a 'My Book' case. the My Book drive (a WD 500GB drive) stopped being recognised by my PC. I attempted to repair using various data Recovery methods, it but kept getting a 'Not Initialised' message and a...
  5. Hdd problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hdd problem: Hi Recenlty ive found problem with external hdd at first it started showing errors that disk is disconnected even though it wasnt. But now its not visible for system but its being shown in device manager. It doesn't seem like there is any problem with hardware hdd, usb ports...
  6. HDD Problem

HDD Problem: Hey, I have a big problem. I bought an HDD in July, so it's new, but I think it has some problem. So when i want to write something on the disk, it's a bit slower than my good old HDD, but the main problem is the Event Viewer says this: and it says every time when i want...
  7. HDD problem

HDD problem: hi , i did by mistake locate videos to hdd and suddenly my videos file set as hdd , please help to restore settings [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-problem/17d7f5b4-fe1e-4266-aa90-f6b71c80c54f
  8. No access to external HDD

No access to external HDD: Just over a week ago I posted the below problem of inability to access my external HDD. I had one response from someone who asked me to send a mailshot of my Disk Management. This failed on my first attempt but was successful on the second. Despite sending him/her a...
  9. HDD admin access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HDD admin access: So i upgraded my pc to an internal m2 ssd, everything is working beautiful apart from my one of my old hdds. All other hdds are working perfectly apart from one. Im not new to computing so i know how to follow the steps to change permissions in the security panel, but it just...
  10. Problem accessing my external harddisk Iomega HDD

Problem accessing my external harddisk Iomega HDD: My harddisk Iomega HDD seems to connect to a drive, and I see folders, but when I click on the folders, I can't access it. It seems a Windows 10 problem. Have it after the latest update. No problem on windows 7 This is the error I see in device manager: Device...