Windows 10: HDD acting weird after Windows 10 install.

Discus and support HDD acting weird after Windows 10 install. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've installed Windows 10 for the first time, clean. Now in my boot order I have a Windows Boot Manager. If I use that my computer opens, but if I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dadybosma, Feb 19, 2021.

1. HDD acting weird after Windows 10 install.

I've installed Windows 10 for the first time, clean. Now in my boot order I have a Windows Boot Manager. If I use that my computer opens, but if I use my HDD, it tells me to reboot and select proper boot device. Is this normal? Is this caused by the fact I didn't remove the USB after the installation? I mention I had to choose before installing in the boot order a simple version of the stick and a UEFI one and I chose the UEFI. I am ok with using the Windows Boot Manager if this means my computer works exactly like it would on the HDD.

Also it doesn't pop up a message for me to choose what to boot, it is there in the bios settings. I just wanna be sure this works on my HDD, I don't want all of a sudden to have all my files gone. I noticed it is UEFI as well, I can't find anything on Google to make me understand, maybe someone could tell me. I wanna know if I am at risk of losing my filrs randomly or something.

submitted by /u/dadybosma
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dadybosma, Feb 19, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Computer is acting weird

My windows 10 has been acting weird recently and it would randomly open up random apps when im not touching the computer. I have reset it many times it, tried to shut it down than turn it back on but nothing is working.its also virus protected but it still
    acts weird.

jaquelinesumba, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

HDD acting weird after Windows 10 install.

Delta6326, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

HDD acting weird after Windows 10 install.

1. HDD acting weird after Windows 10 install. - Similar Threads - HDD acting weird

2. Windows 10 acting weird after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 acting weird after restart: Please help! I restarted my Windows 10 so I could change some settings and stop it from lagging. When I started it back up and logged in, I wasn't connected to the wifi which im usually always connected to. I tried to turn up the volume but It wasnt working and said "The...
  3. Windows acting weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows acting weird: Hey, been having some weird problems with windows since building this computer. Specs: Intel Core i7-10700K RTX 3070 Gigabyte OC 8gb 750W Corsair 80 PLUS Gold RM750x Kingston SA2000 M.2 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 C16 So the issues I'm having are:...
  4. Windows is acting weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is acting weird: Hello, I have had a problem for some time now. Windows is acting weird that when I want to use something related to windows it just randomly keeps tabbing. For example, I click on the windows symbol to open the menu, and windows just scroll back and forth like when I am...
  5. Windows 10 acting weird after clean install on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 acting weird after clean install on SSD: Hi, I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my SSD and i'm starting to wish i would've never done that - it caused a bunch of problems for me, one of which is the following: i can't install any games from the Xbox app on my external drive a WD_Black P10 Game Drive, but i could...
  6. Windows 10 is acting weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is acting weird: Yesterday i noticed that some things are not working properly so i checked windows defender and i noticed there was one threat that i cannot delete, i didn't think much about that and i format windows and the partition where it was installed. But the problem is still there i...
  7. Windows acting weird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows acting weird: My dell computer with windows sometimes makes noise, even when it is turned off. Not the sound of the fan, but it will often use the notifcation jingle. I’ve reset, used windows defender to check for viruses, and looked all over, but I can’t seem to find a solution. If anyone...
  8. Windows 10 volume acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 volume acting weird: Hi all, I've been having this problem for quite a while now. Basically the sound levels are all messed up. Every time I load a new youtube video, the sound is ridiculously loud initially, like 2-3 times louder than my intended setting. The sound level only goes back to my...
  9. Screens acting weird after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screens acting weird after Windows 10 Update: Last night I shut down my computer and it auto updated. I then get on this afternoon to some odd occurances. The first is that my main monitor shows "no signal" when connected and turned on. I decided to unplug my 2nd monitor and use the HDMI cable from that monitor so I...
  10. windows 10 acting weird

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 acting weird: for the past couple of days now my pc a sony vaio desktop with windows 10 has been acting weird slow to boot up, no text showing in my files, my Web browsers are also not working and when I shut my pc down I get a blue screen no idea what to do ? [img] 105437