Windows 10: HDD activity

Discus and support HDD activity in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I boot into Win Ten on my ancient laptop the HDD goes into 100% use for the first 10 to 15 minutes. Is this Windows file indexing? Does it ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mayagrafix, Sep 3, 2015.

1. HDD activity

When I boot into Win Ten on my ancient laptop the HDD goes into 100% use for the first 10 to 15 minutes. Is this Windows file indexing? Does it ever stop? There is nothing on the HDD except the OS. Why does it have to R+W all the files all over again? isn't once enough?

Thanks for your patient answers .<)

:)

Mayagrafix, Sep 3, 2015
  2. mrobo11 Win User

Install Windows 10 on same computer two hard drives

Do so: install and activate the windows 10,

after then use some hdd clone program and clone partition from hdd where is the os installed and activated to another after boot from second hdd

or

install windows on first hdd and activate,

register to insider program, and download insider windows version and install on second hdd and activate

mrobo11, Sep 3, 2015
  3. activation of windows 10 after reinstalling

Recently i changed my hdd and installed windows 10 which is already activated in my old hdd but now it was again asking for activation

SAMPATHKUMARSATYAVARAPU, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

HDD activity

Could be tied to the condition of your older hard drives. Factors could range from slow RPM, to heavy fragmentation and limited free space. Have you tried using the optimize function on your hard drives, in Windows 10. You have more than enough memory and your CPU should be able to handle most tasks in Windows 10.

Snakeyes, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

HDD activity

1. HDD activity - Similar Threads - HDD activity

2. How do I activate windows after changing my HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I activate windows after changing my HDD: error code 0x80072ee2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-activate-windows-after-changing-my-hdd/b237e4d3-8254-4af2-b0a1-2b4a67569107
  3. Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD

Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD: Microsoft recently past 2 weeks or so helped me to activate Windows 10 Professional on my SSD. Now I have installed a 3TB HDD Seagate, and wish to install Windows 10 Pro on there as well. I am lead to believe that my activation is linked to my Microsoft account. Okay, but...
  4. Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD: Microsoft recently past 2 weeks or so helped me to activate Windows 10 Professional on my SSD. Now I have installed a 3TB HDD Seagate, and wish to install Windows 10 Pro on there as well. I am lead to believe that my activation is linked to my Microsoft account. Okay, but...
  5. Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

Transfering activation from HDD to SSD: Hi, I am thinking about installing Windows 10 on an new SSD, but the only problem is, my activated copy of Windows 11 Pro is on my HDD. Is there a way that I can transfer my activation by unlinking my Microsoft account from that one device with the HDD in, put the SSD into...
  7. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering activation from HDD to SSD: Hi, I am thinking about installing Windows 10 on an new SSD, but the only problem is, my activated copy of Windows 11 Pro is on my HDD. Is there a way that I can transfer my activation by unlinking my Microsoft account from that one device with the HDD in, put the SSD into...
  8. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

9. I have an older Samsung Q330 without it's originel HDD. I installed Win 10 pro, activated...

I have an older Samsung Q330 without it's originel HDD. I installed Win 10 pro, activated...: 1st time user. I have noted that this problem has happened before in Win 10 pro. But that was 2018. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-older-samsung-q330-without-its-originel/dcda7a13-6b57-45ab-b6cc-3d54c9c16e09
  10. I have an older Samsung Q330 without it's originel HDD. I installed Win 10 pro, activated...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have an older Samsung Q330 without it's originel HDD. I installed Win 10 pro, activated...: 1st time user. I have noted that this problem has happened before in Win 10 pro. But that was 2018. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-older-samsung-q330-without-its-originel/dcda7a13-6b57-45ab-b6cc-3d54c9c16e09