Windows 10: HDD admin access

Discus and support HDD admin access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i upgraded my pc to an internal m2 ssd, everything is working beautiful apart from my one of my old hdds. All other hdds are working perfectly apart... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JonHoareau, Mar 3, 2019.

1. HDD admin access

So i upgraded my pc to an internal m2 ssd, everything is working beautiful apart from my one of my old hdds. All other hdds are working perfectly apart from one. Im not new to computing so i know how to follow the steps to change permissions in the security panel, but it just says access denied, failed to enumerate objects in this container, i have googled about that too and nothing works. I then opened up the security tab for one of the working hdds and i literally copied everything exactly the same into the security tab of the one not working and i get the same thing failed to enumerate objects. This drive will not allow me to copy or paste anything to it, (all these files are movies) some of the files will open and play fine, others will say access denied and some just say they broken, (i use vlc player: Your input can't be opened:
    VLC is unable to open the MRL 'file:///H:/The%20List/Hunter%20x%20Hunter%202011%20Complete%20Series%20mSD/HxH_29_SD.mkv'. Check the log for details.)

I cant see how upgrading my internal hdd to an sdd, which i installed the same windows, used the same usernames and passwords, same windows key, nothing has changed at all, the hdd im having problems with is external, so i dont see how i can loose files by upgrading an internal component.

please someone help, i have 2tb of movie files just stuck on here, i cant even format to start again.

:)

JonHoareau, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

HDD admin access

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

HDD admin access

1. HDD admin access - Similar Threads - HDD admin access

2. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  3. "admin" with no access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "admin" with no access: I am registered as an admin on MY personal HP laptop but do not have any admin rights or privledges. There are alot of othe users and groups that do but I dont know whoo they are or how they got access to my computer. I cannot run cmd as aadmin i cannot add another user i...
  4. "admin" with no access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "admin" with no access: I am registered as an admin on MY personal HP laptop but do not have any admin rights or privledges. There are alot of othe users and groups that do but I dont know whoo they are or how they got access to my computer. I cannot run cmd as aadmin i cannot add another user i...
  5. "admin" with no access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Admin access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin access: Hi there,I set up a new laptop with my email and it had me as an administrator. Somehow I took the admin access off I'm not tech savvy. How do I get it back? I cannot run anything as it needs admin user and password and it doesn't give me an option. Can someone explain to me...
  7. No admin access

in Windows 10 Customization
    No admin access: Hello, i got into a big trouble. I changed my position to a normal user by going into; search tab> run> control> user acount> change account type. Now I dont have any administrator account. I would just factory reset my computer. But i cant. because I need administrator...
  8. Admin access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin access: I am an admin on our Surface and my husband's account shows up as another admin as well but he cannot remember username or email and so he cannot login. Where can I as an admin find his login details or reset for him....
  9. admin access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    admin access: hoping somone can help me with my issue I have no admin access I tried everything I can think of with typing in cmd and run admin but it comes up with an error so I cant even say yes to allow access it only shows me no . I contacted support chat they tried to help but said I...
  10. Admin Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Access: Hello, I'm currently having issues with granting admin permissions on my Windows 10. Whenever the prompt comes on (during a software installation, etc.), only "No" shows; "Yes" doesn't appear anymore. Please help!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to access hd with admin