Windows 10: HDD always busy after moving system to SSD

Discus and support HDD always busy after moving system to SSD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently cloned my system to an SSD to shorten boot time. If I disconnect the HDD the system boots quickly. With the HDD (which has the old system,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pbaxter, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Pbaxter Win User

HDD always busy after moving system to SSD

I recently cloned my system to an SSD to shorten boot time. If I disconnect the HDD the system boots quickly. With the HDD (which has the old system, programs & data) reconnected it is constantly in use, delaying full startup for several minutes. Task manager and resource monitor load too slowly to show what's using the HDD.

:)

Pbaxter, Apr 26, 2019

2. Appdata Roaming move from SSD to HDD

Hi, recently bought a laptop with an ssd and a hdd. What i noticed was that every time i downloaded something, even though it was located in HDD, the SSD still took up space. I already moved the download, documents, etc. to the HDD.

Then i noticed that whatever i download gets into the appdata/roaming folder as well, so is it ok to move the Roaming folder from SSD to HDD?

Allen Wang (alle0031), Apr 26, 2019
  3. Window 10 Home OEM , HDD to SSD transfer(Move)

I just want to move my Window 10 home OEM from my HDD to SSD. so i clone my window to SSD. change 1st boot priority to SSD. but when i try to start my Laptop its boot from HDD not from SSD. so without boot from SSD i can't format HDD system partition and
    can't use SSD as system

ravi kalathiya, Apr 26, 2019
  4. marxuuh Win User

Moving files from SSD to HDD?

So I bought a computer which had 1tb HDD and 128 SSD. Windows is installed to the SSD and now there is only 10gb of available space, because all the apps were installed to the SSD. So my question is - is it possible to move installed applications (Program
    Files/x64 folder) to the HDD drive without losing any data?

marxuuh, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

1. HDD always busy after moving system to SSD - Similar Threads - HDD always busy

2. Move OS to SSD leave data in HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move OS to SSD leave data in HDD: Got a SSD and I only want to move the operating system to the SSD. So, question one is 1. How do I move only the OS to the SSD? I haven't done anything like this for a L O O O N G time. In fact, not since DOS. Back then there was a problem with what I'm trying to do...
  3. Lost system reserved partition having moved from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost system reserved partition having moved from HDD to SSD: I appear to have lost system reserved partition having moved from HDD to SSD and have now removed it from my old HDD, i migrated my drive over to the new SSD using the the provided tool from Samsung. Once the migration was complete, I noticed that the new drive did not have...
  4. move windows os from ssd to hdd

move windows os from ssd to hdd: How to move windows os from ssd to hdd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-windows-os-from-ssd-to-hdd/bb3498ed-d913-4da0-b429-c86bfcd6ad21
  5. Cursor always busy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor always busy: So my Pc was running slow and i decided to reset it.Once i came back everything was fine i was able to log in but my cursor is constatly busy and i cant click on anything. PLEASE HELP My pc is a prebuilt alienware aurora...
  6. Moving Win10 from a failing HDD to a SSD

Moving Win10 from a failing HDD to a SSD: I have a friend whose IDE hard drive is failing. He wants to replace it with a SSD. The cloning process won't work because of the drive (clicking). How can he get his Windows 10 moved?...
  7. How to move program file on ssd to hdd

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move program file on ssd to hdd: Can anyone please explain in detail if it is possible to make my program files running in OS on SSD to HDD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-move-program-file-on-ssd-to-hdd/1737445e-72ba-4252-9261-1bf3109791b4
  8. Files saved to SSD, need moved to HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files saved to SSD, need moved to HDD: Simple question, really. New build. Here's the issue, there's the boot drive, C, just an SSD. And the actually hard drive I was supposed to use for everything, E. Well without realizing it, everything was getting saved to C. Which is a whopping 120gb. And not to E which is 2...
  9. Move user files from SSD to HDD...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Move user files from SSD to HDD...: I am just one user on my laptop, I want my docs videos pics etc moved from my SSD to the HDD... I read the tutorial for setting it up so all future users accts will be there. It is way too complicated for a novice such as myself. Is there not an easy way to make this...
  10. Migration to SSD/HDD system

Migration to SSD/HDD system: Hi, I have a cloned copy of my existing HDD and am considering buying (or personaly upgrading to) a new system with a SSD and HDD. Obviously the current Windows installation is on a HDD, so is it possiblethat I could I restore the cloned Windows system to a SSD and the...