Windows 10: HDD and an SSD is recognized by Computer Management, but is considered unallocated and...

Discus and support HDD and an SSD is recognized by Computer Management, but is considered unallocated and... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Did a clean install of Windows 10 because I added a new SSD and everything got messed up so that seemed to be the easiest solution for me - to wipe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CodingRoses, Jan 8, 2022.

1. HDD and an SSD is recognized by Computer Management, but is considered unallocated and...

Did a clean install of Windows 10 because I added a new SSD and everything got messed up so that seemed to be the easiest solution for me - to wipe everything and start fresh. Doing this, I came across a problem I personally have never had happen to me when starting fresh is that my HDD and SSD are not recognized by Windows but are shown in the computer management screen. Tried to do some googling, but honestly couldn't find anything and am unsure what to do at this point. The pictures below show what I am trying to explain. How I get them allocated and able and ready to use. Especially my HDD

:)

CodingRoses, Jan 8, 2022

2. Windows 10 2004 Task Manager bug - Samsung SSDs recognized as HDD

Good day,

I have on 4 PCs with Windows 10 2004 Task Manager bug.

Samsung SSDs (850 EVO SATA, 960 Pro NVMe) are recognized as type HDD (Task Manager).

On defrag are all recognized as type SSD.

OS not recognized MediaType on PowerShell. If I change the MediaType, it is unspecified again after restart.

How to reinitialize SSDs type for Task Manager?

Marek Bujko, Jan 8, 2022
  3. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 8, 2022
  4. HDD and an SSD is recognized by Computer Management, but is considered unallocated and...

partition on HDD is showing unallocated

Hi Kyle_062,

My name is Lee an Independent Advisor.

To use the unallocated partition as a separte partition, all you need to do is to assign a drive letter in disk management (check this step:

https://www.dummies.com/computers/pcs/how-to-us...
    ).

If you want to merge it to the existing partition to have just a single Drive letter, here is a step by step procedure with screenshot on how to do it:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-one-l...

There is a down side of merging the two hard drive into one dynamic volume because we all know SSD last longer than HDD, if you only have 1 dynamic volume and in the event that the HDD failed, you won't be able to boot even if the SSD has no problem. Why not
    keep two separtate drive volume, keep the OS in the SSD (for fault tolerance) and just use the regular Hard Drive as a separtate drive volume?

If my suggestion above did not help you, please reply back to let me know and I will assure you I will respond back as quickly as I can. Thank you and have a nice day!

Sincerely,

LEE | INDEPENDENT ADVISOR ᛫ WINDOWS 10

Note: This reply contains a non-Microsoft website Link. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Leomer L. - Windows 10, Jan 8, 2022
Thema:

HDD and an SSD is recognized by Computer Management, but is considered unallocated and...

1. HDD and an SSD is recognized by Computer Management, but is considered unallocated and... - Similar Threads - HDD SSD recognized

2. HDD and an SSD is recognized by Computer Management, but is considered unallocated and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD and an SSD is recognized by Computer Management, but is considered unallocated and...: Did a clean install of Windows 10 because I added a new SSD and everything got messed up so that seemed to be the easiest solution for me - to wipe everything and start fresh. Doing this, I came across a problem I personally have never had happen to me when starting fresh is...
  3. HDD and an SSD is recognized by Computer Management, but is considered unallocated and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD and an SSD is recognized by Computer Management, but is considered unallocated and...: Did a clean install of Windows 10 because I added a new SSD and everything got messed up so that seemed to be the easiest solution for me - to wipe everything and start fresh. Doing this, I came across a problem I personally have never had happen to me when starting fresh is...
  4. My SSD is recognized as HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My SSD is recognized as HDD: i have a problem where task manager reads SSD as HDD but previously task manager reads my SSD correctly. but I don't know what I did last time. can anyone help me?Screenshot taken from — 07/01/2021:Screenshot taken from — 08/13/2021:...
  5. My SSD is recognized as HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My SSD is recognized as HDD: i have a problem where task manager reads SSD as HDD but previously task manager reads my SSD correctly. but I don't know what I did last time. can anyone help me?Screenshot taken from — 07/01/2021:Screenshot taken from — 08/13/2021:...
  6. ssd being recognized as hdd after clone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ssd being recognized as hdd after clone: I went to upgrade my hard drive to a ssd -using macrium to clone it- and its being recognized as a hard disk drive with computer performance being just as slow as the original hard drive. I've already tired update driver, winsat formal, and winsat diskformal both ran as...
  7. Managing SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Managing SSD and HDD: Hello so I'm new to the SSD world but more so even new to having multiple drives as I usually have everything in just the 1 hdd. Only want the OS and chrome on the SSD since chrome won't let you choose. So how do I go about having my desktop, programs, images, files and...
  8. connect hdd ssd to computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect hdd ssd to computer: computer: computer has a hdd item: a 2nd hdd how: to connect a 2nd hdd externally to a computer ? needs: what do you need? like what cable? everything else what do you need? pls link what is needed on amazon so we can understand what is needed this is item, a regular...
  9. HDD Not Recognized in Disk Management

HDD Not Recognized in Disk Management: Hello, 2 weeks ago I received new ASUS laptop ASUS 15 X509FL with no OS. After installing the OS Windows 10 via DOK I'v noticed that my HDD st1000lm035-1rk172 is detected on BIOS and Device Manager but not detected in the Disk management so I cant use it at all. So for now...
  10. External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10

External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10: As already someone asked years ago (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-ssd-not-recognized-as-ssd-in-windows-10/70716cb4-34a8-475c-8267-c4a5669beeeb) without any positive fix, I'm here to do the same question again. Why my windows 10 pro x64...