Windows 10: HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat

Discus and support HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HDD and SSD were running fine last year and could handle the tasks with no problem, I use my 1TB Baracuda HDD for games, apps. DAWs, and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Codfish567, May 23, 2022.

1. HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat

My HDD and SSD were running fine last year and could handle the tasks with no problem, I use my 1TB Baracuda HDD for games, apps. DAWs, and other stuff, my Kingston 120 SSD is used for running windows and some browsers. but ever since last 7 months ago, my HDD all of a sudden started freezing whenever I drove too fast in GTA 5, then some files started getting corrupted in the HDD, then my SSD started running at 100% and then my HDD became 100% as well. I searched about this problem according to the search, they said that it's a failing hard drive and SSD, but it could just be windows so I used

:)

Codfish567, May 23, 2022

2. 100% Usage on Secondary HDD

Secondary HDD sometimes running at 100%. But looking at the I/O page, I cannot see any usage of the secondary Hdd. What's weird is that every time I restart my computer, the 100% usage moves to other secondary Hdds. Such as if disk E,F,H runs at 100%,
    I restart, and maybe dick C will run at 100%. I've tried all the solutions on the internet including modifying the services and closing windows defender. But still didn't work.
    HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat e2e15a30-0233-40e8-9939-0597df6407aa.png

HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat dd11a1db-e6a0-40e5-9ad2-ef32dab400fc.png

donglinyang, May 23, 2022
  3. Disk Usage at 100% with nothing running

My PC is running Windows 10 with the latest updates but has suddenly become unusable with disk usage staying at 100% even with nothing running and just the same processes listed in Task Manager as before the problems
    started. I've tried a few suggestions found in online forums - disabling Windows Search and Superfetch, adjusting page file size, etc. but nothing has done the trick yet. I don't have any outside anti-virus software installed. I read about the potential MSI
    issue but don't have IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers listed in the Device Manager. Finally, it seems to boot up normally and will have periods where the disk usage drops and it's usable but those moments are brief and it inevitably goes back up to 100% usage.

TONeill_1313, May 23, 2022
  4. HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat

100% Usage on Secondary HDD

I'm sure that isn't a problem with my HDD. I've just bought this brand new WD 4TB HDD. And on the top of this inquiry, I mentioned that something wired is that the 100% usage jumps between HDDs. It's disk E,F,G this time and it would be disk C,D or H,L next
    time after I restart.(I have 3 Secondary Hdds).

The 100% occurs only when some applications are making use of the disk, such as file copying.

donglinyang, May 23, 2022
Thema:

HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat

1. HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat - Similar Threads - HDD SSD are

2. HDD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD usage at 100%: My Dell laptop's Hard Drive usage continually shoots up to 100% and can last up to 1 hour before the disk usage drops again. This happens every time work starts and I thought it was because they were updating or scanning Windows Defender, but in the middle of the day it also...
  3. HDD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD usage at 100%: My Dell laptop's Hard Drive usage continually shoots up to 100% and can last up to 1 hour before the disk usage drops again. This happens every time work starts and I thought it was because they were updating or scanning Windows Defender, but in the middle of the day it also...
  4. HDD is at 100% while my SSD is 0% usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD is at 100% while my SSD is 0% usage.: Like the title says, my system is on the SSD but it is using the HDD right now for some unknown reason I am sure it's installed on the SSD btw when the HDD reaches 100% my entire system starts lagging immensely, and I don't know why this is happening.Why did I buy an SSD and...
  5. HDD is at 100% while my SSD is 0% usage.

HDD is at 100% while my SSD is 0% usage.: Like the title says, my system is on the SSD but it is using the HDD right now for some unknown reason I am sure it's installed on the SSD btw when the HDD reaches 100% my entire system starts lagging immensely, and I don't know why this is happening.Why did I buy an SSD and...
  6. HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat: My HDD and SSD were running fine last year and could handle the tasks with no problem, I use my 1TB Baracuda HDD for games, apps. DAWs, and other stuff, my Kingston 120 SSD is used for running windows and some browsers. but ever since last 7 months ago, my HDD all of a sudden...
  7. HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat

HDD and SSD are STILL running at 100% usage even after a full reformat: My HDD and SSD were running fine last year and could handle the tasks with no problem, I use my 1TB Baracuda HDD for games, apps. DAWs, and other stuff, my Kingston 120 SSD is used for running windows and some browsers. but ever since last 7 months ago, my HDD all of a sudden...
  8. HDD 100% usage on a game which is installed on the SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD 100% usage on a game which is installed on the SSD?: Hello everyone, lately I've engaged a problem with several games. Alot of my games suddenly got tons of performance issues. I've checked my Task Manager during game sessions and noticed that my HDD just spikes up to 100%, mainly consistently on 100% actually. Games are...
  9. 100 percent disk usage even after full format.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100 percent disk usage even after full format.: My system with specifications, i5 1st gen, ram 4 gb, windows 10, was showing 100 percent disk usage or 100 percent CPU usage. So i have full formated it. Even after that it still shows same values when ever i start using any application. If both are below 5o then memory stat...
  10. Disk usage 100% even after full reset!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk usage 100% even after full reset!: No matter what i do, various things randomly spike the disk to 100%! I had no problems until last week, and then every game I had started lagging and things started to slow down. Even after the full reset with nothing extra downloaded and background apps off it still spikes...