Windows 10: HDD and SSD issues

Discus and support HDD and SSD issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I recently reinstalled Windows 10 via USB due to an annoying virus that wouldn't let me reset my pc or install updates. I picked my D drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MeatBoi1, Jul 29, 2018.

1. MeatBoi1 Win User

HDD and SSD issues

Hello I recently reinstalled Windows 10 via USB due to an annoying virus that wouldn't let me reset my pc or install updates. I picked my D drive (which is usually my SSD to install the OS on as I was thinking I’d get faster speeds so why not) to install the OS on and the install went fine but now the issue is my 1TB SSD drive is appearing as a HDD drive and my 128 GB HDD drive is appearing as a SSD. I downloaded a third party app to make sure it wasn't on Windows end and it further confirmed that my HDD drive is now SSD and my SSD drive is now HDD. So now I have 1TB of HDD drive and 128 GB of SSD and it should be switched. I never post on forums for help because I'm tech savvy enough to be able to use the internet to find my fix but this is the first time the internet had 0 answers for me. This is on a laptop by the way.

:)

MeatBoi1, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Trosk61 Win User

Windows 10 Dual Drive (HDD and SSD) Boot issue

Thanks for the timely response DaveM121. I did leave the old HDD in place while installing the SSD. Do I need to -re-install Windows 10 on the SSD, of can I skip this step?

Trosk61, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 29, 2018
  4. jr1107 Win User

HDD and SSD issues

Upgrading from HDD to SSD on Windows 10

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my current HDD (on my laptop) to a Samsung Evo SSD and I have some queries regarding the process. I am aware of the whole media creating process but I'd just wanna know if there would be any activation issues. I believe these are
    the steps involved.

1. Download the media creation tool. (Please confirm which one)

2. Replace HDD by SSD.

3. Boot from USB Drive and install on SSD. (It should not ask for a license)

4. Install all drivers.

Is this it? Did I miss any step?

Thank you

jr1107, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

HDD and SSD issues

1. HDD and SSD issues - Similar Threads - HDD SSD issues

2. HDD to SSD issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD to SSD issues: I am trying to clone my HDD it has all my personal pictures, videos, etc. I have Windows configured to save to that drive, so instead of C:\Pictures, its F:\Pictures... etc. It is a 2TB HDD and I am trying to Clone it to a 4TB SSD to replace it. I am using Macrium reflect but...
  3. HDD to SSD issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD to SSD issues: I am trying to clone my HDD it has all my personal pictures, videos, etc. I have Windows configured to save to that drive, so instead of C:\Pictures, its F:\Pictures... etc. It is a 2TB HDD and I am trying to Clone it to a 4TB SSD to replace it. I am using Macrium reflect but...
  4. Ssd to hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ssd to hdd: I recently purchased a new ssd for my PC but realised the secondary slot doesn't support it gen 4. My current ssd is gen 3 and is supported by the secondary slot. However my OS and things are installed on it. If I installed the new one and moved the old to slot 2, would that...
  5. HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD to SSD: how do I transfer my windows 10 OS to my new SSD, so 2 Drives. Old SSD with the old files and New SSD with the windows 10. But still being able to access the data on the old.The new SSD is a Samsung 870 EVO SATA 2.5" 1TB.spec:Dell Inc. 0PXWHKi7-8700non-kgtx 1060 16 gb ram...
  6. HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD to SSD: how do I transfer my windows 10 OS to my new SSD, so 2 Drives. Old SSD with the old files and New SSD with the windows 10. But still being able to access the data on the old.The new SSD is a Samsung 870 EVO SATA 2.5" 1TB.spec:Dell Inc. 0PXWHKi7-8700non-kgtx 1060 16 gb ram...
  7. SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD and HDD: I have a 256GB SSD C: and a 2000GB HDD D: - the computer is new so very little has been added just some GoPro software but the SSD is already 237GB used. I've found the setting that allows me to move applications across from C: to D: but virtually all of them don't allow this...
  8. Cloned Mechanical HDD Drive to a SSD Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloned Mechanical HDD Drive to a SSD Issue: [ATTACH] Hello all, I'm not up to date on the current things of PC's. I use to build them way back when a 100MB drive was $100 USD if that tells you anything, LOL! Anyway, I cloned a Seagate BarraCuda HDD to a Samsung 850 EVO SSD a few years ago and it has made it to...
  9. SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSD and HDD: I just purchased a new PC with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. Why can't I install some apps on the HDD? They state that they need to be installed on a system drive. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you...
  10. ssd and hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd and hdd: What should i buy? 128gb ssd and 500gb hdd or 500gb ssd. And if i will buy 128gb ssd and 500gb hdd and i will install win10 on the hdd, the ssd will help win10 to boot? 23715