Windows 10: HDD behaving like an SSD

Discus and support HDD behaving like an SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have a thinkcentre m93p tiny with a i5-4570t low voltage processor, 4gb ram and also a hdd which is HGST725032A7E630. The system is 7 years old now .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SohamJoglekar, May 7, 2021.

1. HDD behaving like an SSD

i have a thinkcentre m93p tiny with a i5-4570t low voltage processor, 4gb ram and also a hdd which is HGST725032A7E630. The system is 7 years old now . it came with windows 8 but i upgraded it to win10.........but with win10 i am running kaspersky antivirus. The computer is running blazing fast even with a hdd win10 and antivirus......its boot time is about 5 seconds and app opening time is also about 2 seconds......how is that possible with such low specs and a hdd

:)

SohamJoglekar, May 7, 2021

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, May 7, 2021
  3. OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, May 7, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

HDD behaving like an SSD

HDD to SSD

I don't understand why you changed the boot order in your BIOS.

When you image or clone an HDD, and restore the image or clone to an SSD, you've got an identical copy of your computer on a different hard drive. Nothing has changed, really. So the next step is to remove the HDD from your computer and replace it with the
    SSD, then carry on as normal.

BulldogXX, May 7, 2021
Thema:

HDD behaving like an SSD

1. HDD behaving like an SSD - Similar Threads - HDD behaving SSD

2. Enter key behaves like shift+enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter key behaves like shift+enter: When doing anything, like typing in Word or typing into the Google search bar, my Enter key doesn't do what it normally would do, like creating a new paragraph in Word or searching in Google. Instead, it acts like shift+enter. This also happens with the on-screen keyboard....
  3. Ssd to hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ssd to hdd: I recently purchased a new ssd for my PC but realised the secondary slot doesn't support it gen 4. My current ssd is gen 3 and is supported by the secondary slot. However my OS and things are installed on it. If I installed the new one and moved the old to slot 2, would that...
  4. Why is my PC behaving like this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my PC behaving like this?: 1. My PC is behaving like it's terminally ill. When I open a folder containing some video files on average 6 x 3 GB one of two things happen. Either the folder opens and it's blank for about 3-4 seconds and then it populates or it opens and shows all the files and then one by...
  5. Why is my PC behaving like this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my PC behaving like this?: 1. My PC is behaving like it's terminally ill. When I open a folder containing some video files on average 6 x 3 GB one of two things happen. Either the folder opens and it's blank for about 3-4 seconds and then it populates or it opens and shows all the files and then one by...
  6. Why is my PC behaving like this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD to SSD: how do I transfer my windows 10 OS to my new SSD, so 2 Drives. Old SSD with the old files and New SSD with the windows 10. But still being able to access the data on the old.The new SSD is a Samsung 870 EVO SATA 2.5" 1TB.spec:Dell Inc. 0PXWHKi7-8700non-kgtx 1060 16 gb ram...
  8. HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD to SSD: how do I transfer my windows 10 OS to my new SSD, so 2 Drives. Old SSD with the old files and New SSD with the windows 10. But still being able to access the data on the old.The new SSD is a Samsung 870 EVO SATA 2.5" 1TB.spec:Dell Inc. 0PXWHKi7-8700non-kgtx 1060 16 gb ram...
  9. SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSD and HDD: I just purchased a new PC with a 128GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. Why can't I install some apps on the HDD? They state that they need to be installed on a system drive. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you...
  10. ssd and hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd and hdd: What should i buy? 128gb ssd and 500gb hdd or 500gb ssd. And if i will buy 128gb ssd and 500gb hdd and i will install win10 on the hdd, the ssd will help win10 to boot? 23715