Windows 10: hdd broke, need help on installing new win10 to the new hdd

Discus and support hdd broke, need help on installing new win10 to the new hdd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, laptop's hdd broke, i put new one in but stuck on how to install win10 i found an iso version from microsoft Access Denied i downloaded it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by okikc, Dec 19, 2016.

1. okikc Win User

hdd broke, need help on installing new win10 to the new hdd

hi, laptop's hdd broke, i put new one in but stuck on how to install win10

i found an iso version from microsoft Access Denied

i downloaded it, how to make bootable usb?

:)

okikc, Dec 19, 2016

2. How will I know that the Win7 to Win10 upgrade is ready?

I bought a new, larger HDD and installed vanilla Win7 on it (call it "new-Win7-HDD"). I then performed Windows Updates until KB3035583 was installed. I then did the "Get Windows 10" exercise and was informed that my upgrade is now reserved and
    I'll be notified when it's ready.

So I could have a working system while I wait, I pulled out new-Win7-HDD and substituted my old HDD (call it "old-Win7-HDD").

Question 1: How will I know it's time to switch back to new-Win7-HDD (so that the upgrade can be completed)?

Question 2: Would it be a good idea to uninstall KB3035583 from old-Win7-HDD so that the upgrade isn't done on the wrong HDD?

Notes:

When new-Win7-HDD is upgraded, call that "new-Win10-HDD".

Once I have new-Win10-HDD, I will retire old-Win7-HDD.

Once I have new-Win10-HDD, I plan to do whatever needs to be done to create a clean install, then wipe new-Win10-HDD and do a clean install <<<<---- COMMENT?

That's my plan, and those are my questions. (I couldn't find any existing article or forum post that specifically addressed Question 1.)

Thank You.

MarkFilipak.Windows, Dec 19, 2016
  3. windows 10 new hdd

You will need to do a clean install of Win10 on the new HDD.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 19, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Dec 19, 2016
Thema:

1. hdd broke, need help on installing new win10 to the new hdd - Similar Threads - hdd broke need

2. new hdd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    new hdd: if my win 10 computer crashes and i install a new hard drive can i use the rescue drive to install windows on new drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-hdd/901326eb-1eea-420b-ad85-37d3e61c8b97
  3. new hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new hdd: if my win 10 computer crashes and i install a new hard drive can i use the rescue drive to install windows on new drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-hdd/901326eb-1eea-420b-ad85-37d3e61c8b97
  4. New HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New HDD: Hi, My existing HDD is unusable, so am considering buying a new HDD & putting windows 10 pro on it using a ISO copy i have on a CD, but will i need to format the new HDD first i will it all get done during the install process?Mike...
  5. Unable to Install Win10 on New HDD

Unable to Install Win10 on New HDD: I have a Lenova laptop with a new HDD. I had hoped to install Win10Pro from a CD but it runs into a problem and shows the 3 partitions. One has 931GB tot space with 931 avail and 2 other small partitions when I say Next, I get a message saying "could not create a new Part...
  6. Need help with permissions on new HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with permissions on new HDD: I just installed a new 2TB SeaGate HDD as a storage drive to go along with my 256gb SSD and I am trying to make the drive writeable. I have put ownership of the drive under the administrator (me) but still when I add folders they are not writeable and I am unable to change...
  7. Need help migrating/installing Win 10 into new HDD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need help migrating/installing Win 10 into new HDD: Hello all! In need of some help and I hope this is the forum that can solve my issue. If not would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction as I'm really clueless right now.*Redface Setup: Laptop 1 - Acer Aspire V3-771G-9809 - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews...
  8. Swapping HDD with Win10 to a new computer

Swapping HDD with Win10 to a new computer: My situation is this: My samsung laptop died on me before I could back much of my HDD up. I have the opportunity to buy a nearly identical Samsung from Ebay that does not have an HDD for equal or less than the cost of fixing my current laptop (Ac plug shorted) My...
  9. Installing Win10 on new HDD: Stuck at 86%

Installing Win10 on new HDD: Stuck at 86%: I have made a bootable USB using Rufus as the windows media creation tool could not find my USB. I'm now trying to install Win10 onto a fresh HDD and the the installation is stuck at 86%. Any advice would be brilliant, thanks! Christy 73399
  10. New HDD, 2nd windows install. Need help

New HDD, 2nd windows install. Need help: I stuck a new HDD into PC and is currently set as 2nd HDD. It is blank and new. What I want to do is install windows 10 on this drive , and set it to the main boot. The problem I am having is what is my best option. Do I do a windows 7 install on new HDD from DVD? or...