Windows 10: HDD cache flushing - on battery vs plugged in

Discus and support HDD cache flushing - on battery vs plugged in in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everybody, my laptop has a primary SSD and a secondary HDD. After trying all possible drivers, the best behaving one is fine when my PC is plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by frapc, May 1, 2021.

1. frapc Win User

HDD cache flushing - on battery vs plugged in

Hi everybody, my laptop has a primary SSD and a secondary HDD. After trying all possible drivers, the best behaving one is fine when my PC is plugged in but on battery the bad HDD spindown behaviour comes back. Hence, I am trying to find at least all of the Windows 10 parameters that change between AC and DC so that I get the correct behaviour on both batter and plugged in.For now, if anyone knows something about this, I'd be glad to know where are all the SATA/HDD settings in the registry that could interfere with the HDD spindown policy.Until now, I've already been changing the default DC va

:)

frapc, May 1, 2021
  2. Callender Win User

Flush DNS Cache

New:

DNS Cache Viewer (DCV)

The purpose of DCV is to allow you to view what Windows has in it's local DNS Cache, and allow you to flush it if you want.

Virus Total Report:

HDD cache flushing - on battery vs plugged in [​IMG]

For me:

After flush (without manually disabling or stopping the service)

Most of those cached entries are contained in HOSTS file. (27642 after excluding the first 5 lines)

Callender, May 1, 2021
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

HDD cache flushing - on battery vs plugged in pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 1, 2021
  4. Callender Win User

Flush DNS Cache

Personally I disable the service using Autoruns before rebooting and flushing then re-enable the service.

Or else I use Hostsman:

Callender, May 1, 2021
Thema:

1. HDD cache flushing - on battery vs plugged in - Similar Threads - HDD cache flushing

2. Flush DNS Cache Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  3. Flush DNS Cache Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  4. Shortcut to flush DNS Cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut to flush DNS Cache: I am trying to create a shortcut to flush my DNS cache to avoid having to open the command prompt and enter the ipconfig command each time. I have seen two methods to supposedly do this. In the first method, I create a batch file with the ipconfig.exe /flushdns command, save...
  5. Flush DNS Cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  6. Flush DNS Cache

in Windows 10 Support
    Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  7. Windows 10 on battery vs plugged-in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 on battery vs plugged-in: Hi, I'm running a Dell laptop with a clean install of windows 10, so no Dell custom settings or whatsoever. When on battery, my laptop runs fine, no performance issues, and when doing nothing the CPU drops its frequencies down to 0.80GHz, as it is supposed to do. When...
  8. Battery vs Plugged In

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery vs Plugged In: I keep getting Plugged In or On battery warnings on my screen, even though the laptop is plugged in, and there does not seem to be any way of getting it to stop, it just seems to come on randomly, an idea how to stop this...
  9. Manually Flush memory cache ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Manually Flush memory cache ?: Anyone familiar on how to manually flush memory cache and buffers as mentioned here but this method does not work on Windows10 ? 54064
  10. Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10: How to: Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10 How to Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10 [img] Information A DNS (Domain Name System) resolver cache is a temporary database, maintained by Windows, that contains records of all your recent visits and attempted...