Windows 10: HDD caddy NOT working

Discus and support HDD caddy NOT working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Altough there are many posts about this topic, i could not find a solution. I own an HP 15ba107ng with AMD Prozessor running Windows 10 home. A month... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PetruMicu, Dec 21, 2020.

1. PetruMicu Win User

HDD caddy NOT working

Altough there are many posts about this topic, i could not find a solution.

I own an HP 15ba107ng with AMD Prozessor running Windows 10 home. A month ago i decided to upgrade to SSD, so i switched the 1 T HDD with a 500 GB SDD. It worked well, and then i heard of HDD caddies an i wanted to use my old HDD instead of my ODD. The caddy works, the HDD is formated and it works with SATA to USB cable. I tried everything from updating drivers to changing BIOS settings and nothing works.

The caddy wirh the hdd works fine on other laptops, just not on mine.

While the caddy is inserted the laptop does not boot only when removing it works. Sometimes it shows up in the device manager but i can"t access the drive. Also when this happens i can not restart the laptop to check bios settings.

Can anybody help?

:)

PetruMicu, Dec 21, 2020

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Mr96 Win User
    HDD Caddy not showing up

Hi Jan, thanks for replying.

1. The HDD is not listed in the Disk Management.

2. I can't get into the BIOS with the HDD Caddy plugged in, I've tried pressing Esc button to enter the BIOS menu and it didn't work. It stuck with black screen just before Windows loading screen.

4. Mr96 Win User

HDD caddy NOT working

HDD Caddy not showing up

Hi

I'm using HP laptop that i bought back in 2017. It came with 1TB HDD, and now it's starting to slowing down. I recently bought an SSD and a HDD Caddy, I've clone the Local Disk C from the old HDD to the brand new SSD and it's working fine now.

The problem came up when I replace the DVD drive with the HDD Caddy with my old HDD on it. The HDD is spinning, which means the HDD Caddy is working, but my HDD doesn't showing up in the File Explorer and Disk Management. It's kinda confusing since the HDD
    is spinning.

But when I try the HDD with an external case and plug it to my laptop, it shows up. So the HDD is not the problem.

Here's several detail that might help solving this problem :

- CD-ROM driver is missing from Device Manager

- IDE ATA/ATAPI controller is AMD SATA Controller

- I just update the BIOS to the newest version (according to HP Official Website)

- I've deleted the old Windows files on the HDD

- When I turn on my laptop with the HDD Caddy is already installed in the DVD drive slot with the HDD on it, it stuck with black screen just before the Windows loading screen. When I pull out the HDD Caddy, it shows the Windows loading screen.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I personally think this is a driver related problem, but I don't know how to solve it.

Thanks.

Thema:

HDD caddy NOT working

1. HDD caddy NOT working - Similar Threads - HDD caddy working

2. HDD Caddy not showing anywhere in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD Caddy not showing anywhere in windows 10: I bought a laptop with only HDD in it. Since it is slow I replaced HDD with SSD and DVD disk with HDD in a caddy. Now my PC isn't detecting HDD in it. Previous it disappeared if I restart 2-3 times it showed again. Now it is not showing at all....
  3. HDD Caddy not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Caddy not showing up: Hi I'm using HP laptop that i bought back in 2017. It came with 1TB HDD, and now it's starting to slowing down. I recently bought an SSD and a HDD Caddy, I've clone the Local Disk C from the old HDD to the brand new SSD and it's working fine now. The problem came up when...
  4. HDD in caddy CD swap notworking

HDD in caddy CD swap notworking: Hi everyone, for the second time, with a different caddy, I'm trying to add a second HDD to my laptop. The hardware part seems to be ok: both the bios and the device manager can recognise the drive; moreover, the drivers are updated there was no exclamation mark but I've...
  5. HDD with caddy not initializable, says "incorrect function"

HDD with caddy not initializable, says "incorrect function": I own a Dell Inspiron 5767 laptop which came with a Seagate ST2000LM003 2 TB HDD. However, I got Crucial CT250MX500SSD1 250 GB SSD and replaced the HDD with it in the primary slot. Now the Seagate HDD is installed in the DVD reader slot using a Caddy, while the SSD is in the...
  6. unable to update to 1809 with HDD caddy (2nd HDD)

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to update to 1809 with HDD caddy (2nd HDD): hey i have rmoved the dvd rom and installed a seconed hdd i have ran windows 7 till windows 10 1803 (april update) hence the update to 1809 is not showing neither the setup ( when creating a USB) so I am unable to enter the boot menu of the 1809 i have to remove the 2nd...
  7. 2nd hdd caddy and windows 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2nd hdd caddy and windows 1809: Hey I have posted 2 topics about the inability to update to 1809 and I have figured out that it is due to the 2nd hdd caddy I have installed a 2nd Hdd caddy instead of my DVD rom on my laptop Since windows 7 Then I have upgraded my laptop to asus with windows 10 which had...
  8. 1 TB HDD in HDD caddy is not recognized

1 TB HDD in HDD caddy is not recognized: Hello folks, Just to speed up the aging laptop (Acer Aspire 5740), I replaced HDD with SSD and in the process of replacing the optical drive with the old HDD in HDD caddy. I have been trying to figure out what's wrong all weekend. The HDD works flawlessly. If I put the HDD...
  9. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: I have a TOSHIBA 1TB HDD which is inside a caddy. When I copy a file from the HDD, the copying starts from 20mb/s to 0KB to Calculating and eventually, the explorer crashes. I open Task Manager and the Disk shows at 100%. But when I plug in another 320GB HITACHI drive, the...
  10. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

in Windows 10 Support
    HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: I have a TOSHIBA 1TB HDD which is inside a caddy. When I copy a file from the HDD, the copying starts from 20mb/s to 0KB to Calculating and eventually, the explorer crashes. I open Task Manager and the Disk shows at 100%. But when I plug in another 320GB HITACHI drive, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd cady driver download

2. caddy not detected