Windows 10: HDD change of my Laptop will de-acvate my digital licence ?

Discus and support HDD change of my Laptop will de-acvate my digital licence ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 pro on my HP laptop which was upgraded fom windows 7 with a digital licence and now I need to change my HDD of my laptop . after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AbdurRahim.1955, Jul 16, 2019.

1. HDD change of my Laptop will de-acvate my digital licence ?

I am using windows 10 pro on my HP laptop which was upgraded fom windows 7 with a digital licence and now I need to change my HDD of my laptop . after changing of HDD, can I get the same digital licence or I am going to loose it since the old hardware in bonded with the machine, Please help .

:)

AbdurRahim.1955, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    changing hdd in new laptop

That would be a good idea. Make sure that Windows says it is activated before changing the drive and trying the clean install. Once activated you have a digital licence for this PC stored on Microsoft's activation servers, this should automatically activate your clean install.

4. Johankaan Win User

HDD change of my Laptop will de-acvate my digital licence ?

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

HDD change of my Laptop will de-acvate my digital licence ?

1. HDD change of my Laptop will de-acvate my digital licence ? - Similar Threads - HDD change Laptop

2. I lost my digital licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my digital licence: Hi, i have a dell laptop and it had windows 10 activated but i didnt link it with a microsoft account. Then i formatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows using the media creation tool, now it says that its not activatederror 0xc004f213Did i lose the license?...
  3. I lost my digital licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my digital licence: Hi, i have a dell laptop and it had windows 10 activated but i didnt link it with a microsoft account. Then i formatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows using the media creation tool, now it says that its not activatederror 0xc004f213Did i lose the license?...
  4. I lost my digital licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital licence and hardware change: Hi,I have made hardware changes and reinstalled windows. I accidentally removed the previous build/PC from my devices in my microsoft account. Now I cannot activate the new build. How can I fix this?Nic...
  6. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital licence and hardware change: Hi,I have made hardware changes and reinstalled windows. I accidentally removed the previous build/PC from my devices in my microsoft account. Now I cannot activate the new build. How can I fix this?Nic...
  7. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Digital Licence

Digital Licence: How can I transfer my digitally licensed windows to my son's account as it is synced with my account and I am no longer able to use windows I would very much like to transfer my license to his account can I do that ? is there a way? please help me...
  9. Need to change email, how will this effect my digital licence

Need to change email, how will this effect my digital licence: I believe my PC and emails have been compromised recently and I want to make a new hotmail and new gmail. But with my Windows 10 Pro to activate it I have to use my hotmail user and pass since it is a free upgrade from windows 8.1 Before I wipe my SSD and do a fresh install...
  10. VM's. Moving to different HDD's and Digital Licences

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM's. Moving to different HDD's and Digital Licences: Hi there Just a note to people who perhaps have upgraded to W10 from say W7 and then move to a different HDD when they upgraded from W7 to a W10 VM. KEEP the original W7 image . You can always create a new licensed W10 system from that if everything goes pear shaped....