Windows 10: HDD Cloning/UEFI booting?

Discus and support HDD Cloning/UEFI booting? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was able to get my MBR HDD cloned to a 4TB GPT using Macrium Relfect. I've got the BIOS set to UEFI but it's not seeing the drive as bootable. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TexasBaconMan, Jul 12, 2020.

1. HDD Cloning/UEFI booting?

I was able to get my MBR HDD cloned to a 4TB GPT using Macrium Relfect. I've got the BIOS set to UEFI but it's not seeing the drive as bootable. Is there a step I'm missing here? This is on a Dell Optiplex 9010.

submitted by /u/TexasBaconMan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TexasBaconMan, Jul 12, 2020

2. cloning a HDD

Thanks for a prompt reply. Yes, at the POST, i changed the boot order to point to the HDD that is attached via sata/usb cable. the computer still says there is no internal hard drive installed, and will not boot from the usb port that the cloned drive
    is plugged into, nor from a windows 10 repair DVD. The cloned drive shows a full OS and files identical to the internal HDD that it was cloned from.

RodNorthcott, Jul 12, 2020
  3. OOLuigiOo Win User
    Failing HDD and Cloning

You seem intend on this install clean install windows when I have said windows does not run on that drive and TeraCopy doesn't even budge anymore.
    for moving files from that drive. Then there are those that have suggested imaging and 1 or 2 that talked about cloning software.

I now have 3 HDDs left...

So nothing is copying, no cloning and imaging, now what?

OOLuigiOo, Jul 12, 2020
  4. HDD Cloning/UEFI booting?

Clone HDD to a SSD

I'm planing to upgrade my new laptop HDD to SSD while using my HDD as a storage media on my laptop. My laptop came with windows 10 Home OEM. If I cloned the HDD will the windows be activated after I
    cloned or will it be deactivated?? And what happend to other activated softwares like MS Office and Antivirus Softwares???

Thank you for your support.

Kasun Anuradha, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

HDD Cloning/UEFI booting?

1. HDD Cloning/UEFI booting? - Similar Threads - HDD Cloning UEFI

2. Cloned HDD to SSD, how to set SSD as Boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloned HDD to SSD, how to set SSD as Boot?: I've recently got my new SSD and cloned the HDD to it. When I went back to the BIOS to set the boot priority and restarted the computer, it wouldn't boot Windows 10 "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". My SSD is...
  3. HDD to SSD NVME not booting after clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    HDD to SSD NVME not booting after clone: Here is my issues, after cloning, I can find the SSD but once boot with that the screen is hanging. Have to use HDD to boot. Please help how to modify it. Do I need to redo it. [img] [img] 175565
  4. Software for clone HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software for clone HDD: Windows version 1909 (build 18363 1256) Good morning I am looking for software that can clone my HDD to USB external HDD. (I see there is a lot of them) but I need one that if my laptop HDD crash, I can just put the USB external HDD in and Clone it back to the laptop HDD....
  5. HDD to SSD clone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD to SSD clone.: Want to transfer my whole operating system along with the data from a HDD to a SSD but don't know how to do it. Help needed. SSD not yet bought so suggestion on what company to buy from are welcome. Currently using western digital wd10spzx-60z10t0 1TB. Let me know if more...
  6. Cloning hdd ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning hdd ?: Hello I just bought a 3tb hdd and I want to move/ copy all my games from one hdd to another. So the question is is it possible to transfer just games to new hdd without re-downloading all the games. Also I plan on wiping old hdd clean for to use as another storage device on...
  7. cloning a HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cloning a HDD: I have tried the following cloning software (aomei, Marium Reflect 7; MiniTool; Easeus TODO; clonezilla. they all have one thing in common, they don't produce a bootable/recogizable drive. Any ideas on how i can resolve the replacement of my laptop HDD? Cheers/Thanks...
  8. HDD Clone To SSD Won't Boot After A Week...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD Clone To SSD Won't Boot After A Week...: I recently cloned the hard drive in my cousin's computer over to an SSD. The computer booted just fine on the first try with the SSD. I ran some updates and got rid of some startup programs she didn't need. She got it back a couple of days later and it was running fine....
  9. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone HDD to SSD: Most regulars here recommend and use Macrium Reflect Free which will work on ANY drive. 93058
  10. Can't Boot Win10 from SSD (HDD clone)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot Win10 from SSD (HDD clone): I've a 2TB Toshiba HDD and recently purchased a 480GB PNY SSD. I would like to migrate all the data the HDD contains to the SSD, use the SSD as my main drive and just dump movies, photos etc. to the HDD later. Since I've only about 300GB on the HDD, I wanted to a direct...