Windows 10: HDD Corrupted After Windows Update

Discus and support HDD Corrupted After Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I read articles and answers on this topic, but ,ine is unique! about 3 weeks ago I was suggested to install a ready update and I agreed. towards end of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MoeAhmed, Jun 1, 2020.

1. MoeAhmed Win User

HDD Corrupted After Windows Update

I read articles and answers on this topic, but ,ine is unique! about 3 weeks ago I was suggested to install a ready update and I agreed. towards end of the process, I read a message don't recall the exact message that 'something didn't go right. I wanted to restart the laptop and my PIN wasn't available! Used my password, I was said it was wrong! I did the following along with every other things Google was telling to do to get it fixed:

1. Ran Dell diagnostic-nothing found-I get back to the sign-in windows

2. Open the BIOS and tried to repair-asked for password-didn't recognize-I get back to the sign-in windows!

3. Wanted to boot from an external drive USB-nothing happened-I get back to the sign-in windows

4. Tried to install new OS, wiping out the existing one-I'm asked to put password-nothing happened

5. Oh, forgot to mention, everytime my a password is not recognised and I click on 'reset password', I get back to sign on Windows!

6. Took to the repair shop a reputable one, they removed the HD and put a differentone in-windows won't boot!

7. They tried to erase all files and re-install OS-nothing happened! They just quit without charging me a dime!

Here is one more piece of information. I tried to copy the HD number and use a website that helps recover password with HD numbers. My HD # is shown as #***-numbers-numbers etc. Here, I did not use # or * to hide any number, it shows that way! I tried with #*** and the remaining number-no buzz!

I've so much in it, and I gave up the hope of getting anything back.

I just wanted to share what Windows Update did to me.

:)

MoeAhmed, Jun 1, 2020

2. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jun 1, 2020
  3. corrupt hdd

I have an 8 year old ibm thinkpad r51 and it now has a corrupt internal hdd...... i dont no much about computers so please suggest what i should do?

unistarviv, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

1. HDD Corrupted After Windows Update - Similar Threads - HDD Corrupted Update

2. Is my hdd corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my hdd corrupted?: I have a external hdd dock and I think it has done something to my hdd making my files un accessible had a loose usb connection kept disconnecting and connecting when I go to change the ownership and give full access permissions in the advanced security settings I get a whole...
  3. Is my hdd corrupted?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my hdd corrupted?: I have a external hdd dock and I think it has done something to my hdd making my files un accessible had a loose usb connection kept disconnecting and connecting when I go to change the ownership and give full access permissions in the advanced security settings I get a whole...
  4. Corrupt HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt HDD: I had windows 11 via the insider program and my pc automatically updated and now my HDD is corrupt beyond repair. Thanks Microsoft : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupt-hdd/a71a6926-1aa7-4058-8646-676f28816dcc
  5. Corrupt HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt HDD: I had windows 11 via the insider program and my pc automatically updated and now my HDD is corrupt beyond repair. Thanks Microsoft : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupt-hdd/a71a6926-1aa7-4058-8646-676f28816dcc
  6. Removing corrupt HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing corrupt HDD: HiEver since a power issue that forcibly shut my Desktop Windows 10 PC down a few days ago, I had a blue screen saying one of my two hard drives wasn't doing so well. So I decided to start moving the important stuff before they were gone with the hard drive.Just yesterday I...
  7. Removing corrupt HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Removing corrupt HDD: HiEver since a power issue that forcibly shut my Desktop Windows 10 PC down a few days ago, I had a blue screen saying one of my two hard drives wasn't doing so well. So I decided to start moving the important stuff before they were gone with the hard drive.Just yesterday I...
  8. HDD with Windows is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD with Windows is corrupted: Every time I boot now, it puts me right into recovery mode, but when I hit "continue to windows" it reboots and brings me right back I don't know what caused it, but after a PC build, it kept disk checking every boot. Yesterday it was running chdsk /f and it didn't seem to...
  9. windows corrupted after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows corrupted after update: Hello last night my windows updated to the last version, today when I turned it on, the screen that tells ' windows updating, don't turn off the machine ' appeared but something was going wrong in the background . after some hours I tried to turn off the laptop manually and...
  10. corrupt hdd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    corrupt hdd: my computer has a corrupt boot sector and will not boot from a iso or anything else. It says there is not enought room on the hdd to move and correct the data so I have re-formated the drive and want to reinstall my software and windows 10 pro as it was before the...