Windows 10: Hdd dead after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Hdd dead after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,Recent "mandatory" Windows 10 update killed my storage hdd. I tried to restore to previous win version with no success. When I power on my pc with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MariusIs, Jun 14, 2021.

1. MariusIs Win User

Hdd dead after Windows 10 update

Hi,Recent "mandatory" Windows 10 update killed my storage hdd. I tried to restore to previous win version with no success. When I power on my pc with killed hdd inside, it starts hard disk recovery which shows loading time for over a month and rising basically gets stuck at stage1 24%. If I skip this recovery then windows can't load properly and gets stuck when desktop appears. Without dead hdd inside windows starts properly. It is very frustrating to lose 8TB of data with family pictures and important files I have gathered over the years for a such stupid reason as an update without consent

:)

MariusIs, Jun 14, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Hdd dead after Windows 10 update

Windows 10 update resulted dead HDD

Hi,

Updated my ASUS Zenbook UX32VD from Win 8.1 to Win 10. Update went without problems or error messages. Windows started normally and worked for a day. It was mostly unused but up and running anyways. Power cable plugged in and lapotop set not to suspend
    or stop HDD when not on battery. I took it away from my desk, unhooked from power cable and it was still running ok without error messages. Then I left the laptop for a while and when I came back it had booted to BIOS. Soon realised it had no boot media.
    HDD was in a state BIOS could not recognise it. There is no way to get access to HDD it seems completely dead.

It seems obvious it has gone into sleep and HDD stopeed but cannot spin up anymore. Symptoms much like previous PUIS issue. I have taken out HDD and tried gettng access to it using SATA/USB adapter with no success. I don't think ther is much hope for saving
    the disk at this point. Another thing is that most likely requires new HDD but purchase of new OS as well as I am not sure if update was registered and if I can do clean install... I could send the piece ASUS but that will cost me as well as it is past 24
    months.

Any suggestions or advice

ASUS Zenbook UX32VD with Hitachi Z5K500-500 HDD

JarmoOkkonen, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Hdd dead after Windows 10 update

1. Hdd dead after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Hdd dead update

2. Is my HDD dead?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my HDD dead?: So, when I turn my PC on, I get this message: Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty...
  3. Is my HDD dead?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my HDD dead?: So, when I turn my PC on, I get this message: Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty...
  4. Is my HDD dead?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dead tablet after updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead tablet after updates.: I have an Rca Cambio W101 V2 tablet. I installed the windows updates and now the tablet is dead, no power light. Nothing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dead-tablet-after-updates/a30def34-14ab-42ef-8b56-1ecc4331a6eb
  6. Dead HDD with windows 10. Will not start. Want to install SSD to replace Dead HDD. How...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dead HDD with windows 10. Will not start. Want to install SSD to replace Dead HDD. How...: I have a Dell Laptop that had the HDD WIn 10 Pro crash the other day. When I put a new SSD in the Computer it finds it and wants to install. If I do that how will I get it activated without being able to access the old HDD? This computer was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from...
  7. Laptop dead after Windows Update

Laptop dead after Windows Update: Laptop: Asus TUF Gaming A15, Ryzen 7 4800H with RTX 2060. 4 months old, purchased July this year. The device was working as intended all that time. Today I allowed it to download all those Windows updates - there was a whole bunch of them, 1.27GB worth, Windows, .NET, AMD,...
  8. Win 10 on dead hdd

Win 10 on dead hdd: Hi all .. i need some advice on my options please ... i have had windows 10 for a few years now but it was the free upgrade from my win 7 when 10 was released .. My hdd has died, i have 3 other hdd’s installed and the back up of “my computer” was on one of them the folder...
  9. Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates

Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates: I have a Lenovo G500 that is now dead after auto installing Windows 10 updates. Webcam power and Battery light comes once but nothing else. Please advise. I have deadlines that I now will probably miss now. Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update,...
  10. Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates

Laptop dead after Windows 10 Auto Updates: I have a Lenovo G500 that is now dead after auto installing Windows 10 updates. Webcam power and Battery light comes once but nothing else. Please advise. I have deadlines that I now will probably miss now....