Windows 10: hdd detected in bios but not in windows

Discus and support hdd detected in bios but not in windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My new HDD 3,5" 2TB hard drive is connected and detected in BIOS. But it doesn't show in OS. I cannot "install" it in computer management. If I use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnnaStrandberg1, Sep 23, 2022.

1. hdd detected in bios but not in windows

My new HDD 3,5" 2TB hard drive is connected and detected in BIOS. But it doesn't show in OS. I cannot "install" it in computer management. If I use the command panel it doesn't show BUT, but I CAN see the drive in the device manager. From what I can tell there is no need for a new driver, everything is up to date in the computer. This driver is nr. 3 since I have another identical that works perfectly. I've tried other SATA ports but it is the same.

:)

AnnaStrandberg1, Sep 23, 2022
  2. hanhle2 Win User

HDD is detected in BIOS, but not in Windows

hanhle2, Sep 23, 2022
  3. HDD is detected in BIOS, but not in Windows

The HDD is detected in BIOS as it is showing its serial number, but anything else while booting, it is not detected.

I cannot get into Windows as the whole drive (drive Chdd detected in bios but not in windows :) is corrupted. So, I am left with WinRE by using a Windows installation disk.

I tried every command I found online to fix the issue, but all I get is an error.

Code:
    > C:The system cannot find the drive specified.> bootrec /fixmbrThe system cannot find the path specified.> echo list disk | diskpartThere are no fixed disks to show.
    Upon booting up, it showed the manufacturer logo, but there were no spinning dots (loader).

How can I gain access to the HDD again? As much as possible, I don't want to lose even a single file.

More details can be found here.

Computer specs:

Type: Laptop

Make and Model: Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-33YP

CPU: Intel Core i3-6006U (2.0 GHz)

RAM: 4GB DDR4

HDD: 1 TB

OS: Windows 10 (but it got corrupted, though I also have a Windows 10 installation disk)

Lloyd Dominic, Sep 23, 2022
  4. JiroAki1 Win User

hdd detected in bios but not in windows

Windows 10 not detecting HDD but Bios is.

I had 2 HDDs (1st one is - 1TB and 2nd one is - 500 ) installed in my CPUs and wanted to install another one when I plugged the third HDD on my PC, the system didn't detect the new one but also didn't detect my 2nd HDD (500GB), and now I'm left off with
    my 1st 1TB HDD. I removed the 3rd HDD which I was trying to install... I thought it was some hardware issue, but when I booted into the Bios system, I saw Both of my HDDs, the 1TB and 500GB one, So there is some Windows Software issue it seems, they Disk is
    not being detected even in Disk Manager. Please provide a solution!

JiroAki1, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

hdd detected in bios but not in windows

1. hdd detected in bios but not in windows - Similar Threads - hdd detected bios

2. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management: I have 2 things of storage. first is 1Tb HDD barracuda and 128GB ssd. The ssd is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my hdd in there. Also i'm already trying to change port sata cable each of them,change the sata with new one...
  3. HDD not detected by windows but visualized in the bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD not detected by windows but visualized in the bios: Hello, I removed my intel optane memory to install a traditional m2, after doing that I needed to unable m2 genie from bios and change from Raid to AHCI mode, I did after some problems in launching the system I managed to do it but now, My WD hdd 1TB is yes detected by the...
  4. HDD not detected by windows but visualized in the bios

HDD not detected by windows but visualized in the bios: Hello, I removed my intel optane memory to install a traditional m2, after doing that I needed to unable m2 genie from bios and change from Raid to AHCI mode, I did after some problems in launching the system I managed to do it but now, My WD hdd 1TB is yes detected by the...
  5. HDD not detecting in Windows 11 laptop but showing in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD not detecting in Windows 11 laptop but showing in bios: HelloRecently I was doing some work on my laptop and when I opened my laptop the next day my 1TB HDD stopped getting detected in 'This PC'. It also does not show up in device manager, only my SSD shows up there. There is no weird noise coming from the laptop nor has the...
  6. HDD not detecting in Windows 11 laptop but showing in bios

HDD not detecting in Windows 11 laptop but showing in bios: HelloRecently I was doing some work on my laptop and when I opened my laptop the next day my 1TB HDD stopped getting detected in 'This PC'. It also does not show up in device manager, only my SSD shows up there. There is no weird noise coming from the laptop nor has the...
  7. hdd detected in bios but not in windows

hdd detected in bios but not in windows: My new HDD 3,5" 2TB hard drive is connected and detected in BIOS. But it doesn't show in OS. I cannot "install" it in computer management. If I use the command panel it doesn't show BUT, but I CAN see the drive in the device manager. From what I can tell there is no need for...
  8. HDD not detected in bios or disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD not detected in bios or disk management: Hi, I have recently built a computer. Ryzen 5 2600 and MSI 1660 super. I have 2 things of storage. 1 M.2 ssd which is 1 tb. and a 4tb Wd Blue. The 1tb is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my WD blue. If you can provide me...
  9. Windows 10 not detecting HDD but Bios is.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not detecting HDD but Bios is.: I had 2 HDDs 1st one is - 1TB and 2nd one is - 500 installed in my CPUs and wanted to install another one when I plugged the third HDD on my PC, the system didn't detect the new one but also didn't detect my 2nd HDD 500GB, and now I'm left off with my 1st 1TB HDD. I removed...
  10. HDD is detected in BIOS, but not in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD is detected in BIOS, but not in Windows: The HDD is detected in BIOS as it is showing its serial number, but anything else while booting, it is not detected. I cannot get into Windows as the whole drive (drive C:) is corrupted. So, I am left with WinRE by using a Windows installation disk. I tried every command...