Windows 10: HDD "device not migrated" after second m.2 nvme

Discus and support HDD "device not migrated" after second m.2 nvme in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Hi, ive installed a second M.2 NVME drive into my x570 MSI Gaming Edge board to replace 2 old Samsung EVO ssd´s and now my WD Black 1tb HDD is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jasonfray, Feb 20, 2021.

1. jasonfray Win User

HDD "device not migrated" after second m.2 nvme

HDD "device not migrated" after second m.2 nvme 8c5f6741-ce8c-4400-9611-3436a25970bb?upload=true.png Hi, ive installed a second M.2 NVME drive into my x570 MSI Gaming Edge board to replace 2 old Samsung EVO ssd´s and now my WD Black 1tb HDD is not in explorer but is in device manager->Disk Drives and is giving this error in Disk management events.

Things i have done: - Made sure the hdd is in Sata 1 or 2 after installing second m.2

- Made sure its detected and enabled in bios

- Uninstalled in device manager the restarted

- Cleared CMOS Reset my Bios

- Cry a little

- Updated Windows and chipset drivers

Thanks

:)

jasonfray, Feb 20, 2021

2. cloning hdd to NVMe m.2

if i clone my hdd to a nvme m.2 using something like macrium will windows use the right driver for nvme on boot or would i need to reinstall to get correct drivers

Crocodile_aligator, Feb 20, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    cloning hdd to NVMe m.2

Hi Crocodile_aligator

Yes, Windows will load the correct driver for the NVMe M.2. the first time you boot up Windows 10 from that drive after cloning your drive . . .

DaveM121, Feb 20, 2021
  4. HDD "device not migrated" after second m.2 nvme

about intel optane memory + NVMe™ M.2 SSD

nitially

intel optane memory M10(16,32,64gb)PCIe NVMe M.2 3.0x2 was for accelerating 2.5'SATA mechanical HDD regardless of which generation intel CPUs.

also note :

not talking about Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid State Storage (32gb+1tb, 32gb+512gb ,16gb+256gb)PCIe NVMe3.0x4 that comes as a single m.2 drive which is mounted on single m.2 slot

but now why

intel optane memory M15(16,32,64gb)(PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4)is-- paired with --PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSDs {which is mounted on two differnt m.2 slots on 7th ,8th and 9th gen intel CPUs}

what is the purpose

ex: 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD + Intel® Optane™ memory 32 GB on (Intel® Core™ i7 9750H) seen from HPs Omen X 2S - 15 Gaming Laptop.

JelittThomas, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

HDD "device not migrated" after second m.2 nvme

1. HDD "device not migrated" after second m.2 nvme - Similar Threads - HDD device migrated

2. Migrate OS to M.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate OS to M.2 nvme: I am interested in migrating Windows 10 on my old gaming desktop to M.2 nvme to increase boot speeds. The migration seems straight forward but my question involves the software already installed on the current C drive. Will I have to uninstall the software and re-install it...
  3. Migrate OS to M.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrate OS to M.2 nvme: I am interested in migrating Windows 10 on my old gaming desktop to M.2 nvme to increase boot speeds. The migration seems straight forward but my question involves the software already installed on the current C drive. Will I have to uninstall the software and re-install it...
  4. Migrate OS to M.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HDD "device not mitigated" after second m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD "device not mitigated" after second m.2 nvme: [ATTACH]Hi, ive installed a second M.2 NVME drive into my x570 MSI Gaming Edge board to replace 2 old Samsung EVO ssd´s and now my WD Black 1tb HDD is not in explorer but is in device manager->Disk Drives and is giving this error in Disk management events. Things i have...
  6. NVMe M.2 SSD

NVMe M.2 SSD: Hello, I have the Asus Rog Rampage Extreme Omega motherboard, X299 chipset. Currently, I have the Samsung 970 Pro which is a PCIe 3.0x4. From what I understand my motherboard only supports up to PCIe3.0x4. I also understand that PCIe is backwards compatible. Therefore, if...
  7. cloning hdd to NVMe m.2

cloning hdd to NVMe m.2: if i clone my hdd to a nvme m.2 using something like macrium will windows use the right driver for nvme on boot or would i need to reinstall to get correct drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloning-hdd-to-nvme-m2/a8055614-e138-453d-a75f-15a6d457735e
  8. Help with nvme m.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with nvme m.2: Need help m.2 nvme card I bought a digifast nvme m.2 and it won’t show up in Windows. I try doing the Disk Management, Initialize Disk but it’s doesn’t show up. When I go into the bios is there I see the m.2 and my ssd card. Help please. X570 gigabyte mobo. Thank you....
  9. Windows10 Migration from M.2 SSD to new computer with M.2 NVME SSD & Hardware

Windows10 Migration from M.2 SSD to new computer with M.2 NVME SSD & Hardware: I need help! I upgraded my computer to a ROG x570-I motherboard and Ryzen 9 3900 processor; and while i was at it, I cloned my m.2 ssd with windows from Arconis and moved it to a new "rocket" gen4 m.2 using the pcie. It won't boot. Asus doesn't show it in the boot drive...
  10. Windows hang/not responding after migrate from HDD to M.2 NVME

Windows hang/not responding after migrate from HDD to M.2 NVME: I have upgraded my Lenovo Y520 laptop from using HDD to M.2 NVME. I don't remember what software did I used to clone Windows drive to M.2 drive. Now after inactivity without input Windows will hang and output no video whether through HDMI or on the laptop monitor. I think...