Windows 10: HDD disappeared and reappeared

Discus and support HDD disappeared and reappeared in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! So i was playing some games that was installed on my secondary drive and it always somehow disappeared and reappeared after a few seconds. does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ameerul Hazeem, Nov 17, 2020.

1. HDD disappeared and reappeared

Hi! So i was playing some games that was installed on my secondary drive and it always somehow disappeared and reappeared after a few seconds.

does anyone have a solution for this because cant make any progress in anything

:)

Ameerul Hazeem, Nov 17, 2020

2. HDD Disappears and reappears....

Hi,

thank you very much for your reply. I naturally already checked this out and as far as I can tell:

1. PM2 is disabled on the HDD (WD HDDs, no jumpers at all so PM is disabled)

2. My BIOS is running latest version.

3. My BIOS does not support PM2 so there's no way to configure it.

The only reason I think it's somehow PUIS related is that I saw some people had problems with this issue - WIN10 insisting on trying to use that feature even though the HDD and/or BIOS did not support it...

But, if it's not PUIS, what is it then? What's the next step?

by the way - I really, really like 10. It's such a great step forward. It's easy and fun and reliable. This is actually the only issue I've had with it. Great work, guys!

Mike

MikeMelnik, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

HDD disappeared and reappeared

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

HDD disappeared and reappeared

1. HDD disappeared and reappeared - Similar Threads - HDD disappeared reappeared

2. Desktop icons disappear and reappear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons disappear and reappear.: Hello! I have a question. I notice that sometimes the icons on the desktop disappear for a split second and then immediately appear. This may happen at random. It is also noticeable when I first open the search menu after turning on the laptop. Is this allowed?Best regards....
  3. audio input disappearing an reappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio input disappearing an reappearing: I'm having this problem with my audio for a while now, and I know it has to do with my audio input, because the headphones im using work perfectly fine on my laptop and the lights on them work even though the audio input doesnt show. I've found that it works in certain...
  4. Bluetooth Keeps Disappearing then Reappearing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Keeps Disappearing then Reappearing.: A couple of days ago, I had My Xbox Controller and Bluetooth Headphones connected when out of nowhere, They both just disconnected. At first, I thought that maybe I must of pressed something to disconnect them, So I try reconnecting them. Which worked... For 5-10 seconds,...
  5. Disappearing/reappearing icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disappearing/reappearing icons: Something has changed in the last couple of days, but I hadn't carried out any process immediately prior to it happening. All the items in the system tray and all the icons in the task bar disappear for 7-8 seconds before reappearing. At the same time the icons on the...
  6. drive randomly reappears and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive randomly reappears and disappears: I only have a 256 gb ssd and a random E drive randomly appeared with a lot of storage. So I downloaded games onto the drive and then it disappeared. But it recently disappeared with all the files still there and was even able to open an application, but it soon crashed and...
  7. Disappearing and reappearing pointer

Disappearing and reappearing pointer: I am having issues with the mouse pointer disappearing and reappearing continually. It makes sounds while doing it...I have run a scan and done some work on the command administrator but has not resolved the issue....
  8. Desktop disappears/reappears; no renaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop disappears/reappears; no renaming: Running Windows 10, with the latest update. Latest nVidia card update installed. When I click on the desktop, after a couple of seconds it all disappears, replaced by the background color. See that for about a second, then the desktop reappears. If I try to open a folder or...
  9. Mouse keeps disappearing and reappearing.

Mouse keeps disappearing and reappearing.: Hello! This problem has been annoying me all week. My mouse would disappear then reappear, then disappear again several minutes later. This would go on and on. Is there a solution to permanently fix this issue?...
  10. Pointer keeps disappearing then reappearing

Pointer keeps disappearing then reappearing: My pointer keeps disappearing then reappearing... it as if i have blank spots on my screen where the pointer hides behind (there is nothing wrong with my screen though). I've updated my computer and it still hasn't fixed the issue. its very annoying when trying to select...